Speculation Winter '13 - Spring '14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. It absolutely does not.

His performances ever since he was signed on a permanent contract show just how overvalued he is by a lot on here and how he is given way too much slack and too many excuses as to why he has failed here.

Well it does as Play Off hopeful teams are hardly going to be looking at a player they think has no chance of adding anything different to their current squads.

I disagree and I'll take Bowyer's, Rosler's, OK maybe not Matt Lucas' but certainly my own opinion ahead of your own as whenever he's had a decent run of games here, he has looked more than capable at this level.

He just needs to play consistantly to build on that which isn't available to him here.

Well it does as Play Off hopeful teams are hardly going to be looking at a player they think has no chance of adding anything different to their current squads.

I disagree and I'll take Bowyer's, Rosler's, OK maybe not Matt Lucas' but certainly my own opinion ahead of your own as whenever he's had a decent run of games here, he has looked more than capable at this level.

He just needs to play consistantly to build on that which isn't available to him here.

Meh!

Last edited:
No. It absolutely does not.

His performances ever since he was signed on a permanent contract show just how overvalued he is by a lot on here and how he is given way too much slack and too many excuses as to why he has failed here.
It's all opinions, but I happen to agree with this one. He might have been wrongly excluded from the first team, but then again, we don't see what they do in training. Even when Vardy was going through his tough period last season, I saw more from him that I have from Waggy. However, Waggy will be off at the end of the season, so good luck to him, but I don't think we will miss him too much.

he probably was but dear old harrys fecked without Charlie Austin, he just wants any striker in a crisis!!!

Aren't Blackburn signing Luke Varney? Hardly setting the league alight at Leeds.

Deadline Day success? In fact, transfer window success.

Didn't lose anyone from the first team squad and managed to strengthen with a couple of new faces. Good to see.

John Percy ‏@John__Percy 46s
Belated transfer deadline news - Southampton made an inquiry for #lcfc striker Jamie Vardy on Friday but were told not for sale at any price

Priceless.

The Jamie Vardy transformation is quite amazing. Last season we were apparently considering loaning him out to Tranmere and now he is a pivotal figure within the side. As I do not attend games, could somebody clarify, is he really that good?

given the decent record soton have of buying english players from the lower leagues, thats encouraging.

he's a pest, he has excellent pace (not just over a short distance) but his first touch is up and down. his stamina is good and his improvement since last season is clear. as they say, the first season is always tough. well done nigel on this one .

The Jamie Vardy transformation is quite amazing. Last season we were apparently considering loaning him out to Tranmere and now he is a pivotal figure within the side. As I do not attend games, could somebody clarify, is he really that good?

Player of the season so far for me.

He's been absolutely key and makes David Nugent look like a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263