Work Safe Random Image thread

Those official spokesperson quotes fill me with a desire to waterboard whoever makes them. Every time. ****s. My country disgusts me more & more as time passes.
Absolutely this. To work as a civil servant now is to be party to inhumanity and criminality. Just doing your job is no defence

Those official spokesperson quotes fill me with a desire to waterboard whoever makes them. Every time. ****s. My country disgusts me more & more as time passes.
For me the worst thing about this is that the majority of the really awful shit this government has done over the past 5 years has been under stewardship that was not what the country voted for and was not in the manifesto that won.

Sunak, Truss et al have dismantled most of the reasons why people felt Johnson would be a good PM.
Environmental, progressive policies have all been u turned on.
Feels like a very long time ago that he got in doesn’t it? I wonder how many people would answer correctly who the PM was after the last general election!

For me the worst thing about this is that the majority of the really awful shit this government has done over the past 5 years has been under stewardship that was not what the country voted for and was not in the manifesto that won.

Sunak, Truss et al have dismantled most of the reasons why people felt Johnson would be a good PM.
Environmental, progressive policies have all been u turned on.
Feels like a very long time ago that he got in doesn’t it? I wonder how many people would answer correctly who the PM was after the last general election!
It was all entirely predictable though. The entire Brexit thing acted like an aneurysm in British politcs. Everything broke down & the single issue dominated everything. It's easy to forget that in 2015 the chances of Johnson being anything other than a ' remember him ' item on future news quizzes was basically zero. No Brexit = no Boris.
The fact that his support came entirely from the right wing fringe wingnut tendency is why we're where we are. All of those people took up the important positions & when, inevitably, Boris was shown up for what he's always been, a talentless, incompetent lightweight populist with no agenda other than being in power for it's own sake, they took everything to where we now are.
Historians will look back on this shitshow with utter bewilderment.

Dominic Raab & Jacob Rees-Mogg held senior positions in government for **** sake ! That alone says everything that needs to be said.

Nightmarish. Why is she throttling a small boy?

IMG_1452.png

Afraid not. I do remember going to see that display though. It was an annual trip into town to view the exciting Lewis's Xmas window display.
It was certainly like a pilgrimage .
Then the year there was just cardboard cut outs for a display, you knew something was wrong.

End of an era !

It was certainly like a pilgrimage .
Then the year there was just cardboard cut outs for a display, you knew something was wrong.

End of an era !
Best fish, chips & peas of any cafe in town too. Sadly missed. As were the free sweets when my Nan worked there part time in the 60s.

Although I did once get my head kicked in by ****ing sad arsed revivalist teddy boys on the footbridge. Bunch of wankers. Still counts as a Lewis's memory though.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463