Worst ever player

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanxfox

I'm not posting this cos we've just lost cos I thought we played quite well today and deserved to get at least a point but Wot have Trevor Benjamin, Adi Akinbiyi and Ian Ormondroyd got in common - they are all miles better than MDV - I have never slagged a manager off on this site but i want CL to tell me whats he sees in MDV - just one thing that he does well will do - he has is guaranteed to be the first name out in the Worst ever Leicester City XI - THE WORST PLAYER EVER TO WEAR A LEICESTER SHIRT - I say to CL get rid and get rid quick -

Don't go OTT, stuff like this does nobody any good.

OK, without going OTT. What does MDV bring to the team?

Melton Fox said:
OK, without going OTT. What does MDV bring to the team?

Well he's better than Benjamin who cost £1M

It might have escaped your attention but we have failed to attract a decent striker during the summer. We have no money. MDV is a £50,000 forward, what do you expect from him?

This reaction is typical of City fans. MDV was one of the better players today but I fully expect him to get worse as he gets destoyed.

Bobby Smith said:
Well he's better than Benjamin who cost £1M

It might have escaped your attention but we have failed to attract a decent striker during the summer. We have no money. MDV is a £50,000 forward, what do you expect from him?

This reaction is typical of City fans. MDV was one of the better players today but I fully expect him to get worse as he gets destoyed.

Totally Agree

Akinbiyi, and Benjamin at least worked hard and were a nuisance to defenders. MDV is very static and the game passes him by.

Akinbiyi would have worked okay if he had a prolific scorer with him (should have been collymore) because he ran defenders around and created space for others, just couldn't shoot.

Benjamin was similar, dragged defenders about and competed physically, but couldn't shoot.

MDV doesn't run much, cant jump, doesn't use his strength and doesn't even try to shoot unless there is no other option and then its a crap shot.

That wasn't the tone of my post. It was to start a constructive debate. What does MDV bring to the team? is what I asked.

Any answers?

Edit - Sorry, Feriol. That question was to the above posts

Sorry but if you think MDV was one our better players then we must have been watching different games - I dont cum on here slagging players off the fun of it but if anyone is happy with that useless piece of shite then you are very easily pleased - having followed City for over forty years I am not prepared to sit back and pretend to be happy with our present CF - he is not going to get any better , don't care how fit he is - we would be better playing Dublin - well anyone really

This is all a bit pointless though isn't it ? Some thinks he's totally shite and to blame for every wrong in the World,others think he's no worse than some other City players out there and others think he's fine for what he cost.CL obviously rates him and he will start against Stoke and I might be way off the mark here but booing/slating him on Tuesday night certainly won't make him play any better and definately won't help the team.We have had the MDV debate 10 times over on here I think we all know where each other stands on the guy.

he holds the ball up really well and has a very good first touch that with confidence will create goals for others like DC.

stop getting on his back after one fecking game and support any player who wears the blue shirt because things like this will not help a striker with no confidence. give him a few games and GET BEHIND THEM ALL!!

We played very well today and the lads deserve credit. support your players whether you like them or not.

END OF

Leics were the better team MDV has good first touch and holds the ball up well, we got destroyed by a penalty that shouldnt have been, those kind of decisions wreck morale which is what happened today.

lako42 said:
We played very well today and the lads deserve credit. support your players whether you like them or not.

I agree the team played well overall, but i feel let down by MDV. if we had a better striker then we would have taken the lead. the dodgy penalty would have been irrelivent if we had taken our chances. most of which fell to De Vries.

I think he has ability, his control and some nice touches show that, but he is pathetic in front of goal, he tries to take too many touches, and be too clever when he should just shoot. MDV's problem isn't ability and i don't think its confidence (he had no reason to lack confidence when he first arrived) its lack of intelligence.

As for supporting him, i will, when he gives me something to support. I Support Leicester City! I don't pay my money to see it wasted, its frustrating to see money going to players like lee morris who never plays, and also to players who i wish weren't.

If he starts producing what i believe he is capable of i will be delighted. but he will have to EARN my support.

Agree with Feriol 100%.

Surely we support Leicester City and not the individual players. They will come and go wherever the money and opportunity appears to be, this has been true and proven year after year.

If there is a week link in our team, surely you want to improve it. If it cannot be improved, it needs changing. Support City, there is no such a thing as loyalty from the players.

As long as they give us 100% committment we should and will return it

I really don't want to get involved in this but I don't think you can knock MDV for committment the guy tries,he started training one month before everybody else because he knew his performances weren't good enough.Slate him for his finishing,lack of skill etc etc if you wish but I wouldn't say he doesn't give 100%/
And I'm definately not saying another word on the matter....

highland fox said:
I really don't want to get involved in this but I don't think you can knock MDV for committment the guy tries,he started training one month before everybody else because he knew his performances weren't good enough.Slate him for his finishing,lack of skill etc etc if you wish but I wouldn't say he doesn't give 100%/
And I'm definately not saying another word on the matter....

Well said HF.

Yes we support the team and not individuals. That does not mean we slag anyone off who is playing for the team. We have to trust Levein to put out the best team to do the job, how slagging off MdV is going to improve City's fortunes I don't know.

I didn't think he was that bad today, he actually won a couple of headed flick-ons, he held the ball up well, showed some good touches, but could have shot earlier on a couple of occassions.

yes you do support leicester city but the people that make up leicester city are the players who turn out every week.If you support city and want them to do well then support the individuals who make up the team.

Stop over reacting and get behind the lads. If you want to slag players off after one game go somewhere else.

lako42 said:
yes you do support leicester city but the people that make up leicester city are the players who turn out every week.If you support city and want them to do well then support the individuals who make up the team.

Stop over reacting and get behind the lads. If you want to slag players off after one game go somewhere else.
I am not so judgemental that I would critise a player after his first performance. However last season we heard "Well I am not really at 100% fitness" so I gave him a chance to get fit. At the end of the season it was still the same excuse. So, I gave him the off season break to "get fit". To his credit he returned 1 month early and got stuck in to training to "get fit". He is now "fit".

And..........Just as bad

Yes but its one game. im sure as leicester fans we are level headed enough to give a player more than 1 game in a NEW season to prove himself. Do you think Dublin will do a better job? afterall people were saying he's shit last season when he didnt score.

I dont give a shite about last season, thats gone. This season is new so GET BEHIND THE LAD FOR FECKS SAKE!!!

And all of this is taking too much away from todays overall performance which was worthy of victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669