Worst ever player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macky said:
aaaw, time to have a hug & make friends. :056: :) ;)

Wouldn't catch Macky coming on here in the early hours after having a skinfull and making a fool of himself,would you Macky?

highland fox said:
Wouldn't catch Macky coming on here in the early hours after having a skinfull and making a fool of himself,would you Macky?

hehe, no chance, i wouldn't do that :081: :icon_lol::030:

i'm teetotal!

Last edited:
The problem at the moment is many of us fans can see the long term plans and foundations being put in place by CL, also anybody who went to the game can see that saturday's performance by both MDV and the team were a significant improvement on most of the dross served up last season, what we didnt want to see was an over the top reaction that leads to mass hysteria and before we know it, CL has gone and we heading on the fast road to obilivion.

We need paitence, we have been crying out for a young side that plays with hunger, desire, energy and a fair degree of technical ability, but to nuture a club in this way requires the supporters to get behind the manager and his players, and encourage in the light of what must be seen as progression.

Hence as soon as the defeat on saturday, a lot of the fans, myself included feared a negative backlash to the result, without really analysing the performance and improvements made from last season, also remember with a young side it will improve as fitness, confidence and understanding starts to build, last year with an ageing squad we looked one dimensional, static and toothless, on saturday we were full of energy, played with a degree of style and created a lot more chances. Yes we did miss some decent opportunities, our set plays need improvement and we were a little nieve in the last 10 minutes but IMO there were more positives than negatives to take out of the match, and the negative aspects can be and will be eradicated as the players play together more.

Lets be positive and if we are to be critical do it in a constructive manner, this is a young side with a young manager and we are as a club on a steep learning curve, but these experiences will stand the team and manager in good stead, there will be many ups and downs this season as these players learn and develop, but we must be paitent, CL is building foundations to make this club successful for many years from top to bottom, we must look to build foundations that allow us to develop like the Charltons of this world and not look to quick fixes as we have in the past, these have proven to be unsuccessful. We must embrace the board and manager's blueprint and assist and support in the best way we can forthe benefit of Leicester City Football Club.

Amen

PFKAKTF FOX said:
The problem at the moment is many of us fans can see the long term plans and foundations being put in place by CL, also anybody who went to the game can see that saturday's performance by both MDV and the team were a significant improvement on most of the dross served up last season, what we didnt want to see was an over the top reaction that leads to mass hysteria and before we know it, CL has gone and we heading on the fast road to obilivion.

We need paitence, we have been crying out for a young side that plays with hunger, desire, energy and a fair degree of technical ability, but to nuture a club in this way requires the supporters to get behind the manager and his players, and encourage in the light of what must be seen as progression.

Hence as soon as the defeat on saturday, a lot of the fans, myself included feared a negative backlash to the result, without really analysing the performance and improvements made from last season, also remember with a young side it will improve as fitness, confidence and understanding starts to build, last year with an ageing squad we looked one dimensional, static and toothless, on saturday we were full of energy, played with a degree of style and created a lot more chances. Yes we did miss some decent opportunities, our set plays need improvement and we were a little nieve in the last 10 minutes but IMO there were more positives than negatives to take out of the match, and the negative aspects can be and will be eradicated as the players play together more.

Lets be positive and if we are to be critical do it in a constructive manner, this is a young side with a young manager and we are as a club on a steep learning curve, but these experiences will stand the team and manager in good stead, there will be many ups and downs this season as these players learn and develop, but we must be paitent, CL is building foundations to make this club successful for many years from top to bottom, we must look to build foundations that allow us to develop like the Charltons of this world and not look to quick fixes as we have in the past, these have proven to be unsuccessful. We must embrace the board and manager's blueprint and assist and support in the best way we can forthe benefit of Leicester City Football Club.

Amen
spot on a great reminder to all of us as to what exactly we as a club are trying to achieve:038: :038:

How De Vries against Stoke?

I only heard the last five minutes on the radio, so i can't comment.

i know he scored, hopefully that will be the start in an upturn in performances.

Hope the people that slagged MDV start to feel silly because he played very well tonight and his link up play tonight and saturday was excellent. Him and Conolly could send us up.

Keep it up MDV you havent quite proved them wrong just yet but u are well on your way matey.:038:

Last edited:
I slagged him off, and i dont feel silly.

I believe his performances have been poor, but as i have said previously i believe he has ability, and i hope his goal is a springboard for him.

I would like to know about his overall performance, not just the goal.

was he still hesitant to shoot and taking too many touches? etc...

fcukcov said:
Hope the people that slagged MDV start to feel silly because he played very well tonight and his link up play tonight and saturday was excellent. Him and Conolly could send us up.

Keep it up MDV you have quite proved them wrong just yet but u are well on your way matey.:038:

Good to see a positive start from him. Maybe his extra pre-season training has made him sharper than last season. Lets hope Connors and him can do what the Wigan boys did last season, then maybe teams will start to fear us .

By the way it was meant to say you havent quite proved them wrong just yet.

The boo boys will still be there although IMO his overall game was much improved. As long as he can keep it going as he did tonight, I for one will be a very happy lcfc fan.

Feriol said:

I believe his performances have been poor, but as i have said previously i believe he has ability, and i hope his goal is a springboard for him.

Stands to reason - those that catch the last 5 minutes of games on radio are best placed to judge players.

Good performance from MdV last night some great control touches and flicks. Linked up well and did his job, bringing other players into the game.

Still not the best header of a ball but only Connolly, Williams and maybe Wilcox had better all round games than him last night.

Elvis had a decent 10 minutes too.

DurhamFox said:
Stands to reason - those that catch the last 5 minutes of games on radio are best placed to judge players.

Read posts before commenting on them.

i said i couldn't comment on that game, that why i was asking.

i have seen him live plenty of times.

Feriol said:
Read posts before commenting on them.

i said i couldn't comment on that game, that why i was asking.

i have seen him live plenty of times.

As you were not at the game last night and indeed only caught the last 5 minutes of it on the radio, I question how much you have seen of him.

Lets just wipe the slate for MDV and give him a new start for this season. Its pretty clear that he wasnt fit and hadnt settled at the back end of last season from what I have seen of him so far this season and pre-season.

sorry but MDV is better than Ade.... however I'd had kept tricky trev last season as the guy certainly improved since PT had brought him in...

If you ask me the worst ever city player esp' in recent times has to be Lee Marshall! He was like a chicken staring head on into headlights everytime a premiership attacker ran at him... absolutley dreadful... Jacob Laursen somes a very close 2nd!

de Vries aint that bad, hes more of a link up striker, but then so's bergkamp.

worst player ever? brian carey.

Feriol said:

Are you judging him solely on goals?

cresswell?? thought we got rid of him a bit early but what do i know :102: :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669