Worst ever player

Status
Not open for further replies.
DurhamFox said:
I assume you are joking? either that or you never saw Junior Lewis, Ian Ormandroyd, Franz Carr, Nathan Blake, Ade Akinbiyi, Lee Philpott etc etc etc etc ertc

What I was saying Durham is that if he is consistantly poor until christmas then maybe he will be our worst ever player but from what we have seen thus far it would be harsh to call him that.

ooops - looks like i've upset "the voice from above" - must be his boyfriend - to**er - however I thought this site was hear to voice our opinions - but evidently not - we must all keep our gobs shut and never criticize anyone or we risk upsetting some of the players - wot a load of crap - if anyone wants to call me a prick for having a go sub-standard players or performances then they must be happy watching it - I am not

lanxfox said:
ooops - looks like i've upset "the voice from above" - must be his boyfriend - to**er - however I thought this site was hear to voice our opinions - but evidently not - we must all keep our gobs shut and never criticize anyone or we risk upsetting some of the players - wot a load of crap - if anyone wants to call me a prick for having a go sub-standard players or performances then they must be happy watching it - I am not

As far as I am concerned we are all free to express our opinions on here. Anyone should feel they can say what they feel is right but do it in a manner which does not abuse anyone else. ;)

fcukcov said:
What I was saying Durham is that if he is consistantly poor until christmas then maybe he will be our worst ever player but from what we have seen thus far it would be harsh to call him that.

And what I am saying is thats not possible given the players I listed plus many, many others.

DurhamFox said:
And what I am saying is thats not possible given the players I listed plus many, many others.

Actually Durham Ill give u that one It would be difficlut to be worse than Alan Rogers also.:038:

The more I read Comments on this forum, the more I think most of you so called fans dont know your a?se from your elbow. The worst player in my 30 odd years of watching the City - Junior Lewis! But there have neen many more that could compete with him !! And MDV is nowhere near being on that list!

Some of you seem to rate a player on what you read and not what you see.
Canero, for instance. No one had ever heard of him yet songs were being made up for the bloke and comments made on how he was going to be the seasons saviour, long before the ink was dry on his contract. Even Micky didn't play him (okay injuries did play a part).

This guy Hammond. "Good signing, got a lot of potential, etc" say quite a few posters here. Now what about his record - never scored a first team goal despite playing on loan in lower divisions than this and he's 23! Not quite a kid is he? Now I'm not slagging him off, but what I am saying is that some of you believe the hype and don't have a lot of understanding about what goes on on the pitch.

Tell me, did MDV have a good game against Blackburn in the cup last season?
Fact. he played up front on his own with his back to goal, caused a lot of problems for their back four, ran the width of the pitch, held the ball up and had to wait for a midfield that was 20 or more yards away when he had the ball. He must have been sh!t though because he didn't score!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did'nt see the game yesterday, but to say a player is crap because he missed a chance is utter rubbish. You have to miss a few in order to score a few. Look at his contribution, his runs, his positional play, his control, the way he brings other players in to play, the way he drags defenders out of position etc. You might change your opinion.

Purplehaze said:
The more I read Comments on this forum, the more I think most of you so called fans dont know your a?se from your elbow. The worst player in my 30 odd years of watching the City - Junior Lewis! But there have neen many more that could compete with him !! And MDV is nowhere near being on that list!

Some of you seem to rate a player on what you read and not what you see.
Canero, for instance. No one had ever heard of him yet songs were being made up for the bloke and comments made on how he was going to be the seasons saviour, long before the ink was dry on his contract. Even Micky didn't play him (okay injuries did play a part).

This guy Hammond. "Good signing, got a lot of potential, etc" say quite a few posters here. Now what about his record - never scored a first team goal despite playing on loan in lower divisions than this and he's 23! Not quite a kid is he? Now I'm not slagging him off, but what I am saying is that some of you believe the hype and don't have a lot of understanding about what goes on on the pitch.

Tell me, did MDV have a good game against Blackburn in the cup last season?
Fact. he played up front on his own with his back to goal, caused a lot of problems for their back four, ran the width of the pitch, held the ball up and had to wait for a midfield that was 20 or more yards away when he had the ball. He must have been sh!t though because he didn't score!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did'nt see the game yesterday, but to say a player is crap because he missed a chance is utter rubbish. You have to miss a few in order to score a few. Look at his contribution, his runs, his positional play, his control, the way he brings other players in to play, the way he drags defenders out of position etc. You might change your opinion.

Bloody hell, someone who has played football!

Agree on all counts. Its fair to say that he's not going to score more than 10-15 goals a season but he will create a lot more chances for other players.

One point I am surprised no one has picked up on is that since De Vries signing for us, Connelly has scored at a rate better than 1 every 2 games, mainly due IMO to De Vries' ability to hold the ball up and link play between midfield and attack.

Think Heskey and Claridge/Cottee/Owen (for England) over the past 10 years. All 3 scored more goals than they did normally when he was playing. Not because he was the best player they played with but because he of the work he did in open play.

Thought we were excellent on sat, MDV had good game, looks really good at times and not so good at others, however i think he will come on as the season progresses, Johansson looks comfatable at the back, Williams looked a different class and Sylla also looked good, put Hughes and Tiatto in that team and i have no concerns about that team at all, play like we did on saturday and we will take Stoke to the cleaners

Lcfcrock said:
Thought we were excellent on sat, MDV had good game, looks really good at times and not so good at others, however i think he will come on as the season progresses, Johansson looks comfatable at the back, Williams looked a different class and Sylla also looked good, put Hughes and Tiatto in that team and i have no concerns about that team at all, play like we did on saturday and we will take Stoke to the cleaners

Wilcox over Tiatto thank you. ;)

i agree with what one poster on here said about people reading things and forming their opinions from there. i stayed the weekend in sheffield and had a cracking time, the match was much better to watch than last season and i felt that our team tried, good enough for me. for MDV being shit, after the match finished i went to the 'city' centre, and bumped into plenty united fans in various pubs and not a single one failed to mention the fact our big lad up front looked a dangerous player. had to say i was shocked to hear it because while i thought he had a good game, he lacked the dangerous final ball. they were very honest overall and admitted that if anyone deserved to win it was city, and even more honestly admitted warnock is a twat

When we beat Stoke we'll be fine so chill your boots and relax - get ready for the Walkers Stadium's carnival atmosphere. :038: :038: :038: :038:

highland fox said:
Can't agree with you there Steven...sorry.

Tiatto is a very average player. ;)

fitz said:
i agree with what one poster on here said about people reading things and forming their opinions from there. i stayed the weekend in sheffield and had a cracking time, the match was much better to watch than last season and i felt that our team tried, good enough for me. for MDV being shit, after the match finished i went to the 'city' centre, and bumped into plenty united fans in various pubs and not a single one failed to mention the fact our big lad up front looked a dangerous player. had to say i was shocked to hear it because while i thought he had a good game, he lacked the dangerous final ball. they were very honest overall and admitted that if anyone deserved to win it was city, and even more honestly admitted warnock is a twat

I was also in Sheffield this weekend and had much the same reaction! Most Sheff Utd fans were relieved more than anything and thought we deserved the win. They thought Warnock had lost his mind subbing the 3 players that were likely to score and was lucky it payed off!

Steven said:
Tiatto is a very average player. ;)

Better than Wilcox though IMO.CL will play Tiatto when he's available that I guarantee.

lanxfox said:
Lanxfox - Sorry.

I had had a few beers Saturday night and logged on and saw your post and reacted in the wrong way. I must say though that you are completely wrong about MdV's performance. Yes the guy is bloody frustrating at times and yes maybe he will eventually turn out to be not good enough, only time will tell. But for me he still has potential to be an effective player for us if we give him a little more time, be a little more patient and get behind him to raise his confidence which is so clearly lacking because of last season.

Having played football at a decent standard for many years i know what it is like to lose confidence and how, when your confidence is low, that a little comment somewhere can make things 100 times worse. I also know what it is like to play when you are not fully fit and your team mates and opponents are. Its bloody hard work. Granted he is now fit, we are told, but it aint gonna happen overnight and anybody that thinks it will is wrong.

Please be more patient with MdV. Posts stating 'Worst ever Player' dont do anybody any good. Some people will read it, believe it, jump on the bandwagon and the next thing we know the player is booed out of the club. He is certainly nowhere near being the worst ever player to play for LCFC.

Once again, sorry for my reaction and I hope you accept my apology.

RegardsTVFA

Last edited:
The Voice From Above said:
Lanxfox - Sorry.I had had a few beers Saturday night and logged on and saw your post and reacted in the wrong way. sorry for my reaction and I hope you accept my apology.RegardsTVFA

aaaw, time to have a hug & make friends. :056: :) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669