Worst ever player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

So wheres comments like that going to get us. fecking nowhere

big mac

Willlow said:
Totally Agree
This is not just jumping on the band wagon, but the fact of the matter is at his level you have to finish guilt edged chances, had he scored when he should of (TWICE)! it would have been a totaly different game. City were by far the better team, i felt they control the game and tempo brilliantly.
The pleasing factors from the game are that teams will no longer be able to play route one hoof the ball over the top against us, as our defence finally has pace and the ability to play the ball on the deck. Finally what a quality ref I hope he refs all of our games, to say he was pants is an understatement.

joe501

MDV is not the worst player ever. He is no adriano either. Give the guy a chance, last season he played badly, he knows that. I thought he did ok today.

Give him another couple of months of first team football and then make a decision.

Jedi

lako42 said:
he holds the ball up really well and has a very good first touch that with confidence will create goals for others like DC.

stop getting on his back after one fecking game and support any player who wears the blue shirt because things like this will not help a striker with no confidence. give him a few games and GET BEHIND THEM ALL!!

We played very well today and the lads deserve credit. support your players whether you like them or not.

END OF

He played very well today and I was sitting with the home fans and they didn't think he was bad, although when MDV did kick the ball with his wrong foot and fell over CL burst out laughing! ( I was just near the dugout)

There were some good performances today. Maybury didn't look his normal self at left back but we certainly didn't deserve to lose and not by 4-1 and the Blades fans were very surprised I can tell you!

Graz

I think MDV did well today. His only problem was that he wouldn't shoot, which is clearly a lack of confidence. People getting on his back like this will only make him worse. He is definetely a player that needs confidence to do well, and I can't see him having that here, as I bet even in the first home game vs Stoke on Tuesday, people will already be on his back and he'll be getting booed by the end of the game.

Why must we always have a scapegoat? :( Get behind the players. I fail to see how anyone can think booing a player helps. It just takes away their confidence.

Jedi

Graz said:
I think MDV did well today. His only problem was that he wouldn't shoot, which is clearly a lack of confidence. People getting on his back like this will only make him worse. He is definetely a player that needs confidence to do well, and I can't see him having that here, as I bet even in the first home game vs Stoke on Tuesday, people will already be on his back and he'll be getting booed by the end of the game.

Why must we always have a scapegoat? :( Get behind the players. I fail to see how anyone can think booing a player helps. It just takes away their confidence.

Absolutely 100% spot on!

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Graz said:

Best post for a long time - the c*nts who undoubtedly will boo MdV on Tuesday night are the biggest problem this club has.

Heres an idea - f*ck off and don't bother turning up as you aren't wanted.

Feriol

DurhamFox said:
Best post for a long time - the c*nts who undoubtedly will boo MdV on Tuesday night are the biggest problem this club has.

Heres an idea - f*ck off and don't bother turning up as you aren't wanted.

I have never boo'd a Leicester Player (while he was at the club) and have always tried to think positive. i said earlier that i think MDV has ability.

But i do think that if you are happy with MDV then you had better learn to be happy with Championship football!

The Voice From Above

lanxfox said:
Sorry but if you think MDV was one our better players then we must have been watching different games - I dont cum on here slagging players off the fun of it but if anyone is happy with that useless piece of shite then you are very easily pleased - having followed City for over forty years I am not prepared to sit back and pretend to be happy with our present CF - he is not going to get any better , don't care how fit he is - we would be better playing Dublin - well anyone really

You are a prick.

The Voice From Above

lanxfox said:
I'm not posting this cos we've just lost cos I thought we played quite well today and deserved to get at least a point but Wot have Trevor Benjamin, Adi Akinbiyi and Ian Ormondroyd got in common - they are all miles better than MDV - I have never slagged a manager off on this site but i want CL to tell me whats he sees in MDV - just one thing that he does well will do - he has is guaranteed to be the first name out in the Worst ever Leicester City XI - THE WORST PLAYER EVER TO WEAR A LEICESTER SHIRT - I say to CL get rid and get rid quick -

Worst ever Poster?

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Why do people automatically assume that because you don't rate a player that you are automatically going to boo him and make him feel unwelcome?. Personally, I would love to see MDV do well for our club, I just can't see it happening.

Will I be 100% behind MDV and the club for this season? Of course I will.
Will I boo MDV? Absolutely 100% no.
Will I moan about MDV at half time, on forums & at home?. Yes of course I will if he continues like this, that is my freedom of opinion. We all talk football and express our opinion, because we have places we can do that

But I will NEVER boo him!!! Don't include me in the Boo boys talk.

Steven

The Voice From Above said:
lanxfox said:
I'm not posting this cos we've just lost cos I thought we played quite well today and deserved to get at least a point but Wot have Trevor Benjamin, Adi Akinbiyi and Ian Ormondroyd got in common - they are all miles better than MDV - I have never slagged a manager off on this site but i want CL to tell me whats he sees in MDV - just one thing that he does well will do - he has is guaranteed to be the first name out in the Worst ever Leicester City XI - THE WORST PLAYER EVER TO WEAR A LEICESTER SHIRT - I say to CL get rid and get rid quick -
Worst ever Poster?

I have to say I do not agree with lanxfox, but I might not slag him off in quite the way you do for saying what he does. ;) That said if de Vries is "THE WORST PLAYER EVER TO WEAR A LEICESTER SHIRT" then I fully expect us to walk away with this League and be in the Champions League by 2007/8 season. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: ;)

BOB HAZELL

Graz said:
He is definetely a player that needs confidence to do well, and I can't see him having that here, as I bet even in the first home game vs Stoke on Tuesday, people will already be on his back and he'll be getting booed by the end of the game.

Why must we always have a scapegoat?

Excellent points.

I do genuinely fear for MDV on Tuesday. Some of my mates, who i've been going with for too many years to remember, were airing their discontent with him on the way back. I'm sure when the Walkers' idiots get their claws into him when he does the slightest thing wrong on Tuesday, his (current lack of) confidence will soar!!! We've always needed a scapegoat - see numerous previous threads on this subject - and i feel that MDV will be the target this season.
He didn't have a bad game yesterday, and having now watched again it via my sky+, I thought his contribution to the team play was good in the second half. Admittedly he should have scored but he got across their defenders more and held them off much better as the game went on....a sign of improved fitness, so hopefully the next step will be a sign of improved goalscoring!!

Last edited by a moderator:

fcukcov

You cannot rate somebody as our worst ever player on the basis of what we have seen of MDV so far. He was largly unfit last season and is finding his feet this season (something I admit he had a problem with yesterday) If he is still the same by christmas then yes possibly he is the worst lcfc player ever.

DesertFox

He's got more talent than Akinbiyi and Benjamin combined. He's not performed well so far but he's far from being the worst player we've seen at Leicester, even in the last five years... probably not even in the top ten!

The scapegoat comment is very apt - if we got rid of MDV and had a fantastic front pairing, a significant proportion of whinging City fans would just turn their attentions on someone else.... Stewart has gone, so it'd be.... Sylla? He's the right colour... :mad:

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
fcukcov said:
You cannot rate somebody as our worst ever player on the basis of what we have seen of MDV so far. He was largly unfit last season and is finding his feet this season (something I admit he had a problem with yesterday) If he is still the same by christmas then yes possibly he is the worst lcfc player ever.

I assume you are joking? either that or you never saw Junior Lewis, Ian Ormandroyd, Franz Carr, Nathan Blake, Ade Akinbiyi, Lee Philpott etc etc etc etc ertc

Steven

DurhamFox said:
I assume you are joking? either that or you never saw Junior Lewis, Ian Ormandroyd, Franz Carr, Nathan Blake, Ade Akinbiyi, Lee Philpott etc etc etc etc ertc

de Vries reminds me of Roger Davies. For those not old enough to remember, click here. ;)

Last edited:

PFKAKTF FOX

I was at the match yesterday and I thought MDV had a reasonably good game, he worked very hard for the team and he gave the Sheff Utd back 4 a torrid time and was a constant threat, granted his finishing wasnt the greatest but he was involved in a lot of the decent build up play and worked very well with Connolly. It appears to me a lot of the posters slagging him off are doing so based on television, which doesnt always give you a true appreciation of all the off the ball work a player does.

Why after one game are people questioning his performances, he did ok yesterday are we going to have this debate every time he plays and doesnt score. To be fair to the guy get behind him and support him, most of the fans did yesterday and you could see how much he wants to be a success for Leicester City. IMO he will come good, he will never be a prolific scorer but he is a team player and does have ability and always gives 100% but maybe that aint good enough for some and they will only be happy once they have destroyed any shred of confidence he has left.

IMO too many supporters have a blinkered view that MDV is crap, based on last seasons performances, and are not prepared to give the guy any credit, if Hammond had played from the start and performed like MDV I would gaurentee people would have been saying it was a promising start and that he would improve as he plays more games unfortunately MDV isnt afforded the same luxury. As for the missed chance to be fair he created that himself from a virtual lost cause and to be fair the keeper made a good save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669