Yakubu... would you Adam and Eve it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Yakubu's previous transfers have been negotiated by either Zahavi, Barry Silkman, or both of them.

Given Zahavi's role in getting the new owners in and recruiting Sven, it would make sense that they're using him again to obtain players.

One thing I would say is that his services are not cheap.

My thoughts are that Yakubu is a bit of a journeyman who is after another big pay day and we're being set up as fall guys to get him a lucrative contract somewhere else.

Good striker when he can be arsed though.

From the Everton OS. :102:

Friday 7 January 2011, 13:21
by Matthew Gamble @efc_mattgamble

David Moyes has confirmed that Everton have not received any bids for Yakubu.

The striker has been the subject of media speculation linking him with a move away from Goodison during the current transfer window.

But Moyes confirmed during his Friday press conference that he had not received any bids for the Nigerian.

Asked if the Club had received any bids, Moyes replied: "None."

Yakubu has appeared 15 times for the Toffees this season, scoring the winning goal in the win over Stoke City in October.

So if this has stalled, is there any striker in the Prem prepared to step down a division to become a hero for Sven and us?

I may be naive but I get the feeling we have spent the last few days trying to secure the Naughton deal and when sundays game is out of the way Sven will move to get his new players.

'No offer' doesn't mean we're not negotiating one.

Being told there are no offers, may increase the chances of him being willing to drop a division if we do make a definite offer.

Joined today according to someone on FT. And this someone is related to a player by the way, that I know.

Loan or transfer Babaloony?

Person doesn't know... I know they are related though as he's had info about said player before, and I saw him post on Plymouth boards before when the player was there with info.

Loan or transfer Babaloony?

Someone said it's been on Sky news just now also, didn't see it myself. "Leicester are closing in on a shock swoop for Everton striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni, skysports.com understands."

Bert on FT now saying "Just trust the boy.... " in relation to people doubting the source.

oooooh ya beauty! feed the yak!

Not sure if we'd revert to 4-4-2 with Vassell and Yak or if we'd play Gallagher, Yak, Vassell strung across the front three. Hard lines for dyer and waghorn either way... But you need at least 5 good front men competing for the three spots. Howard makes six.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669