You will not believe this...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? Constantly hunched over with his tiny little cock in hand knocking one out over his signed picture of Richard Stearman? Yeah, good effort bighton155

erhh was that really called for?

RS is only 20 and has played a 100 games for us. Yes he's been up and down this season. But i think he's got a good future ahead of him if we get the right manager in to being him along.
As for Mattock; Not many 17 year olds get called up into the under 21 squad. He's got a hell of a lot of potential.

Well done lads.

Stuart Pearce must be blind.......

International inclusion is based on current form - Woody is currently shocking.

Well Done to pair of them though and good see the credit the club will get at Academy level. For a 17 year old to be called up, esp. one in the relative wilderness of low reaches of the Championship is superb.

well done to both of them. but it has come as a suprise

Very surprised at this call up for both guys.

Stearman reminds me of Matt Heath, showed a lot of promise to start with but didn't progress.
Is RS going the same way?

However well we think they have played, full marks to both for being called up.

Isn't it fair to say that over the last few years that the young players that have made the first team have generally failed to develop?

Isn't it fair to say that over the last few years that the young players that have made the first team have generally failed to develop?
Only if you're aiming for the "Understatement Of The Year 2007" award

Of course, it could just reveal what the members of this forum know about football.

hopefully stearman plays brilliantly and we can agree a price and a precontract agreement for him to feck off to some other club stupid enough to pay his wages. following this i will compile a youtube video of myself playing right back and email to milan mandaric along with my wage demands

well it might be good for them to be around talented skilfull players

What? Constantly hunched over with his tiny little cock in hand knocking one out over his signed picture of Richard Stearman? Yeah, good effort bighton155

If you're going to insult the man, at least have the decency to spell his name correctly.

How can two of Leicester's consistent toss bags be on the international stage! Proves how good Psycho is a manager! I also don't accept the argument of oh they are young, that doesn't change the fact they don't perform!

How can two of Leicester's consistent toss bags be on the international stage! Proves how good Psycho is a manager! I also don't accept the argument of oh they are young, that doesn't change the fact they don't perform!

Exactly, 'if you are good enough you are old enough'. Good players play well full stop - with the odd brief bad patch - Stearmans' bad patch has lasted for 2 seasons. Funnily enough this leads me to conclude he is a bad player. I know that is illogical and it is game for opinions and I stand by this totally groundless supposition.
He should definately be dispensed with - released to Hinckely Town or something which is more his level.

Last edited:
Well Stearman is definitely not a wing-back, he is petrified of crossing the half way line or passing forwards. Not very good at right back either. So probably should be left back - at the training ground!

Well Stearman is definitely not a wing-back, he is petrified of crossing the half way line or passing forwards. Not very good at right back either. So probably should be left back - at the training ground!
Erm...not disagreeing with your conclusion but he spent most of last season trying to get into the bloody penalty area trying to grab some glory, something he started to do again at the beginning of this one.

His decision making before tackling is frequently poor, his marking is suspect and his passing/crossing is woeful.

Having a good game when you put in a lot of effort against a Premiership team (once or twice a season) just doesn't cut it.

Maybe there is something about playing in a second rate side effecting his performance? But - as he is frequently "my worst player on the pitch" I don't think this excuses him.

Chambers for right back!

Hayes into midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4595
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572