You will not believe this...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheehan has now been called up for the Irish under 21

Well Stearman is definitely not a wing-back, he is petrified of crossing the half way line or passing forwards

When he has crossed the half way line in recent matches he has on occasion been able to put a decent cross in. He made the best cross by any of our players in the last two home matches by getting to the byline before crossing the ball. But he only did it once each match.

Disagree with the bit about him not passing forward. Every time he gets the ball he seems to launch it towards the corner of the opposition's penalty area, and inevitably none of our players are even close to getting on the end of it. It's as though he's been told that's what he's supposed to do. Either that or he knows our midfielders will just lose the ball anyway so he's trying to cut out the middle man.

If Stearman really is "pleased with the way things have been going" then I don't think his future is really that bright. Anyway, England U21s is scarcely a benchmark for future glory, is it Trevor?

Congrats to Mattock and I hope he can keep his progress up.

Of course it's a bench mark: it's not a guarantee.
As MHS says, we should congratulate both and be proud of both. It is another step on the way to our club being a top level team.:038:

Mattock is in the starting lineup for tonight! Go Joe!

Will make him the 2nd youngest player to ever play for the England U21s, only behind Theo Walcott. Pretty impressive if you ask me!

Glad he's just signed a new contract ;)

Half time:

England 1 up.

Don't know how. Bulgaria have been all over England.

Other then a clearance off the line which saved a certain goal, Mattock has been playing average; played like he has for our club; wasteful in possesion, out of position and out muscled. Been ashame how many runs Mattock has made down the left but all these U21's don't seem to want to pass him the ball especially Milner (greedy bast*rd!!)

I think Stearman might be on the bench.

Mattock is in the starting lineup for tonight! Go Joe!

Will make him the 2nd youngest player to ever play for the England U21s, only behind Theo Walcott. Pretty impressive if you ask me!

Glad he's just signed a new contract ;)

Brilliant stuff. Something to be proud of about the club at last.

shite, it's just down the road. Didn't realise until going to the post office at 6 and getting delayed in the traffic. Would have gone otherwise.

Here we go again; Mattock hoofs it down the wing with no-one at the end of it. Just like watching Leicester; so dull

Of course it's a bench mark: it's not a guarantee.
As MHS says, we should congratulate both and be proud of both. It is another step on the way to our club being a top level team.:038:

It's great that one of our players has been chosen to represent their nation, but do you not think the lip stick is a little over the top??

2-0 Milner pen. Walcott won the penalty wanted to take it but Milner took it, much to the displeasure of Theo.

Mattock did ok, nearly scored an own goal but back heeled it off the line! Didnt get passed to much, good to see him in the u21 side though.

Walcott's pen was blatantly a dive, and he threw his toys out of his cot when he wasn't allowed to take it!

Mattock looked distinctly average to be honest.

Ok, Question time:

Who was the last Leicester player to play a full 90mins for either the full England team or the England U-21 team?

I don't know the answer myself, somebody out there must.
Was it Heskey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670