Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henderson was the eleventh best keeper in the Championship last season.

And City averaged 1.43 pts a game when Henderson played, only Hume and Fryatt were more important.

According to Match Of The Day's Football Yearbook 06/07

I wouldn't be surprised If Douglas doesn't play for us again.Kelly seems to have made his mind up about him and I can't see Rab wanting to be 2nd/3rd choice,I'd expect Him to return home here North of the Border by the end of the Year..in time for Hogmanay.

i think both keepers are terriblr, a new keeper should be 1st on the priority list, before the transfer window closes!

I was reasonably happy with Hendo when he came into the team at the end of the season, and I see no reason to change my mind. I think RK prefers him to Douglas. I think Logan has got a good future in front of him, and it would suit me if Douglas were somehow persuaded to go back to Jockland, and Logan was made the no.2 goalie.

I think Henderson has improved a lot since he first came into the team. I still worry every time a cross comes into the box, but I'm not sure if Rab is any better.
I think Logan should be given a chance in a proper match like tonight's to have a look at him in a competitive situation.

i agree with that

Lee Camp is available from Derby as they are about to sign Bywater from West Ham, maybe worth a look. Possibly on loan til the end of the season with a view to buying him after that.

I'm more confident with Henderson in nets than Douglas.

I think he's done well so far this season, and the goals we've conceded haven't been his fault.

Sure a new keeper would be nice, but i think there are more important positions to strengthen (if we actually had any money!). We still need a midfielder (left and center) more urgently.

Jimmy Walker wants to leave west ham after they brought a new keeper in and he moved down the peking order. i know Norwich were intrested in him but i think we might be able to loan him in.

Also i think Henderson is much better than Rab.

Neither of them are good on crosses and neither of them command the area at all well. But henderson is far quicker off his line, is a much better shot stopper and makes substantially less riks. 1 on 1's hendo is better where as rab is a virtual certainty to give a pen away as he is too slow!

The way I see it is Rab can not handle a 1 on 1 situation and 70% of the time is too slow getting down the the ball and gives away a pen (sheff U last season and many others). I don't think he is any better at crosses and his disribution of the ball is poor. We haven't conceded in 3 games so whats all this Henderson isn't good enough nonsense about? Sure he's not the best but he is the Best we've got!

Well, we'll have to keep Henderson in for now, he's not bad, i just think we need a better keeper if we're gonna get promotion from this league!

Whereas Rab is a load of shit, let's face it

Also we have had a fair few clean sheets already this season and the keeper isnt appearing to be a crisis position.

Also we have had a fair few clean sheets already this season and the keeper isnt appearing to be a crisis position.
How many saves on target were made during those games?. i.e. How many of those clean sheets were down to Hendersons brilliance or the defense for not allowing the opposition scoring chances

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670