Post Match Leicester 2 Arsenal 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want to say it but.. We were top after 6 games with Peter Failure, then Man Utd spanked us at home. Discuss lightning striking twice.

Our first defeat by more than 2 goals, since we came back up to the Premier League.

Wasn't the previous defeat by that margin against Brighton, when we'd just been promoted to the Premier League and the whole team played like they had been out on the razz since?

Partly based on which we signed Ulloa - so not all bad.

Just as well we won't come up against Arsenal in form like that every week, however we gave it a go and we were a joy to watch going forwards at time. No doubt Ranieri will look at perhaps tinkering a bit at the back at some stage, but I have a feeling he will play very much the same team and formation at Norwich. It will be interesting to see how he and the team react next week.

Although last season seems an age ago now, Ranieri said he would not change a winning formula, but my memory of those last 10 games was that we mostly played 3-5-2, yet this season we are playing 4-4-2. I s that correct? Do we need our wing backs to cover our 2/3 geriatrics so we can play a higher line to support our forwards?

Schmeichel
Morgan Huth Fuchs
Albrighton Drinkwater Kante Schlupp
Mahrez
Vardy Okazaki

I remember that, what a horrible day. I went to the ground optimistic and left absolute horrified.

I didn't even go to it. I was living in Nottingham at the time and played football for a team full of Forest fans. I got absolutely hammered by them when we saw the result. They were a good laugh though, happy times :D

I remember that, what a horrible day. I went to the ground optimistic and left absolute horrified.

I have mixed feelings about that match. My new Mrs had been asking about my interest in football and wanted to see what it was all about. That's the match she came to. One utterly miserable afternoon later and she's never been since which suits me just fine.

Every cloud . . .

Shinji and Leonardo are both players who can, in that poisonous phrase l"do a job" in the Premier League. If we are to go up a level we need somebody better than that alongside Vardy. Kramaric seems to me just not good enough.

?

Premier League Plus?
A* Premier?

Last year and this many pundits were expecting us to be in a relegation battle. By going up a level I mean one of those teams like Everton or West Ham who are not expected to be fighting relegation.
There is, of course, a level above that where clubs expect to be challenging for Champions League places. That is a long way off.

Thought we played well but they caught us on the break. Mahrez could have defended when they broke, but he doesnt give 100% ever

Thought we played well but they caught us on the break. Mahrez could have defended when they broke, but he doesnt give 100% ever

I hope you weren't you one of the people loudly calling him a lazy **** near me.

I was amazed at how quickly people (arseholes) turn against our most important players.

I wonder if he was playing to instruction? Do people want our most creative player back in our own area when we break with the ball?

And welcome :)

Vardy simply has to sprint up the pitch ready for the ball over the top or around the back of the defender, Mahrez isn't as fast and doesn't receive that type of ball.

Just because it didn't work against Arsenal doesn't mean we need to start picking players like Mahrez to pieces, it is working in other games.

Leaving De Laet with no support is clearly a deliberate decision. Whether or not Mahrez is instructed that way or not, the situation is not a new one, and Ranieri continues to play Mahrez there. He will be completely aware of what that means.

The answer may be for Kante to be more aware of dropping back and supporting De Laet?

I hope you weren't you one of the people loudly calling him a lazy **** near me.

I was amazed at how quickly people (arseholes) turn against our most important players.

I wonder if he was playing to instruction? Do people want our most creative player back in our own area when we break with the ball?

And welcome :)

Preach the **** on lako. Any Mahrez backlash is lunacy.

Bloody English...they love a limited trier but can't stand it when something comes easy to someone.

Mahrez' job in the side isn't to defend.

Vardy simply has to sprint up the pitch ready for the ball over the top or around the back of the defender, Mahrez isn't as fast and doesn't receive that type of ball.

Just because it didn't work against Arsenal doesn't mean we need to start picking players like Mahrez to pieces, it is working in other games.
Nobody us ripping him to pieces but he does have weaknesses. One if the reasons we concede lots of goals is because teams target that side. You moan about Schlupp being lazy (he is) but accept it in Mahrez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566