Missing Madeleine ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is the fund going to :confused:

To cover the costs of the McCann's campaign, apparently any left over will go to a fund to help locate missing children. By all accounts it has been properly set up - if it wasn't it would not look good if " other " matters were eventually be blamed on them.

maybe they think the twins would be better interacting with other kids their own age and keeping them out of the limelight instead of being followed everywhere by the press etc :102:

I know that I read that the twins had been kicked out of the nursery because of the constant press attention. Ithought they were now being cared for in Portugal by family and friends.

No wonder they want to question them further.........

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,70131-1283158,00.html

Portuguese police have suggested to Kate McCann that traces of her daughter Madeleine's blood were found in a hire car the family leased 25 days after the girl went missing, a family friend said.
Mrs McCann fears she will be charged today over the death of her daughter, after she returned to face further questions from detectives.

Kate is back at police stationMadeleine's mother is back at a Portuguese police station, where she is expected to be declared a formal suspect in the disappearance of her daughter.

A large crowd whistled and shouted as Kate McCann arrived.

She was driven to the police station in Portimao by her family's spokeswoman Justine McGuinness.

Yesterday, she was taken there by her husband, Gerry McCann.

Mrs McCann was greeted by a huge crowd of journalists, locals and holidaymakers, many of them whistling and shouting at her.

One British tourist shouted: "We believe you, Kate." But there were jeers from other people in the crowd.

Crowd outside the police stationMrs McCann is being questioned again by detectives and expects to be made an "arguido", a formal suspect, in the case.

An arguido receives more protection under Portuguese law, including the right to remain silent in formal interviews.

Sky News Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said the move does not mean police are close to bringing charges.

"The police are doing this so they can ask her a list of 22 questions about the night Madeleine disappeared," he said.

"There are specific questions they need to ask and they can only do that if she is a suspect."

Madeleine went missing on May 3But a family friend said: "They are treating Kate as if she is involved in some way in the death of her daughter."

It is thought Mrs McCann will face questions linked to the DNA tests on samples taken from the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.

Brunt said tests have also been carried out on a car the McCanns hired five weeks after Madeleine's disappearance on May 3..

He added Mrs McCann is "horrified to be under suspicion".

The family friend said: "She is shocked and surprised in several ways. First of all that such an accusation could be made against her.

"And obviously she is concerned that such a line of investigation can become a distraction from further attempts to find Madeleine."

Gerry's brother John McCann said the prospect of Kate becoming a suspect was "unbelievable".

Gerry McCann is due to be re-interviewed at 2pm.

The McCann's credibility seems to be completely canned (mccanned?) by this revelation. Even if the Police can find insufficient evidence to press charges, this allegation will forever muddy their name. Only the conviction of somebody else will now clear their name.

Last edited:
seems like the case could be coming to a end soon?

this could be a ruse to get the real killer/abducter to contact the police :102:

Why would they do that, I would think the killer/abductor would look upon this as a right result

when Madeleine went missing, did the killer/abductor take her passport as well?
just wondering because she has been seen in different countries apparently

Last edited:
It may be your opinion (I take it that was what you were trying to spell) but your opinion is based on absolutely ****all, that alone makes it offensive.

Then almost everything posted on this board is offensive. :icon_conf

Why would they do that, I would think the killer/abductor would look upon this as a right result
they are also unstable people and tend to do strange things. if the case is going nowhere, sometimes the police try different approaches to get a clue/line of enquiry.a lot of the time these killers are attention seekers and love to see all the press and media stories. if the killer thinks the attention is going to stop they might contact the police/media to say 'youve arrested the wrong person', so that the media frenzy goes on :102:

when Madeleine went missing, did the killer/abductor take her passport as well?
just wondering because she has been seen in different countries apparently

she was apparently seen but none of the rumoured sightings were proved right so she is more than likely still in portugal somewhere

she is now officially a 'guido'. does this mean she's eligible to play for mexico :icon_conf

they are also unstable people and tend to do strange things. if the case is going nowhere, sometimes the police try different approaches to get a clue/line of enquiry.a lot of the time these killers are attention seekers and love to see all the press and media stories. if the killer thinks the attention is going to stop they might contact the police/media to say 'youve arrested the wrong person', so that the media frenzy goes on :102:

Not that I know anything about Portuguese policing methods, by I doubt very much that their innovative new investigation tactic would be to publicly accuse a mother of murdering her own child in the most high profile case that the whole of Europe has seen in many a year, in the vain hope that the 'real' killer will ring them up and say they've got the wrong person....

The thing I don't get is that they were with friends. Surely if they had just (accidentally or deliberately) killed their own child they would have found it hard to hide it from their friends in the restaurant.

The thing I don't get is that they were with friends. Surely if they had just (accidentally or deliberately) killed their own child they would have found it hard to hide it from their friends in the restaurant.

i was thinking the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670