£2 charge applied to Away Ticket pre-orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the need to pay wages, fees, etc?

Exactly right as well. We are in the feeder division to the best in the world (apparently) and so there is an expectancy from fans to see players worthy of that, which don't come cheap.

I really, really don't think I can do this any more. I have better things to do on Saturdays (and Tuesday, Wednesdays, Monday, Fridays, Sundays and even Thursdays for ****'s sake, depending on the mood of someone at Sky) than be ripped off from all angles. I've spent an average of £2000 a year following this crowd of shite and I don't appear to get anything out of it any more. That's money that can be better spent elsewhere nowadays. I so wanted to be part of this season, but they've made their spectacular greed so blatant now that I'd feel like I was betraying myself if I did. I truly think it's over.

An expectancy to see quality is not the same as a perception of seeing quality.

The people charging the money don't really care about the second in most walks of life in my experience.

I nearly didn't have a season ticket this year, it's only because it's the only time I get to spend time with my dad and grandad that I bothered really. A large reason as to why I don't enjoy it though is the miserable gits who sit near me. They will be writing the season off by 15 minutes against Peterborough, no doubt.

The people charging the money don't really care about the second in most walks of life in my experience.

I nearly didn't have a season ticket this year, it's only because it's the only time I get to spend time with my dad and grandad that I bothered really. A large reason as to why I don't enjoy it though is the miserable gits who sit near me. They will be writing the season off by 15 minutes against Peterborough, no doubt.

Oi !!

It is as clear cut. You really don't want to pay the money, don't go. I think I remember Cate saying she had been priced out of going and I'm sure that after a few weeks of finding other things to do, her life is no worse off.

They priced me out of it a couple of seasons ago - my life is no worse off as you inevitably find other things to do which, most of the time, dont depress you as much as a poor City performance. I think I probably saw a good 60% of the games for free on the internet last season anyway :icon_bigg

However, what I see with decisions such as this £2 charge is an absurd pettiness that will alienate those that do struggle to afford the experience of being a Leicester City football supporter.

Very, very true - it's quite simply a price increase but there's a certain way of doing it and you're bang on with the fact that this has / will alienated people.

Very, very true - it's quite simply a price increase but there's a certain way of doing it and you're bang on with the fact that this has / will alienated people.

It's not a price increase, if you go into the ticket office and pick up your tickets when they become available, they are the same price. The cost increase is a reserve fee, effectively.

It's not a price increase

If something, including reserve fee and carriage, cost £x a year ago and now costs £x+2, that's a price increase. I don't think it's that hard to understand.

If something, including reserve fee and carriage, cost £x a year ago and now costs £x+2, that's a price increase. I don't think it's that hard to understand.

I suppose. I was referring to the base cost of the ticket but I take your point.

The cost increase is a reserve fee, effectively.

And also a very stupid thing to do.

If someone phones or goes into the ticket office they have to deal with it there and then. They'll have times when they're very busy and have to bring in staff from other departments, and other times when they have staff sitting around doing nothing.

People ordering in advance gives them something to do during the quiet periods, and reduces the number of people who need to be dealt with in real time. It makes the ticket office more efficient.
So by deterring people from doing this, they're just making life more difficult for themselves.

And also a very stupid thing to do.

If someone phones or goes into the ticket office they have to deal with it there and then. They'll have times when they're very busy and have to bring in staff from other departments, and other times when they have staff sitting around doing nothing.

People ordering in advance gives them something to do during the quiet periods, and reduces the number of people who need to be dealt with in real time. It makes the ticket office more efficient.
So by deterring people from doing this, they're just making life more difficult for themselves.

Very true, some companies would do the opposite and charge more for people turning up on the door as it requires more staff.

Just had a look and we averaged 1800 away fans last season. If each of those pre-booked, that would be over £80k in extra revenue for the club. I suppose they will argue that these sums all add up to help with FFP.

Very true, some companies would do the opposite and charge more for people turning up on the door as it requires more staff.

I can hear the calculators now belting out a £3-based equation from here.

Well, I can't work out any other reason that you'd quote boc and just post a 'rolling eyes' smiley. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Ah right, thank you for making sense of your post.

I was struggling for an appropriate icon, but it was to represent my delight that Boc had seen my logic with the price increase comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566