Almost guilty for thinking it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Bar a couple of teams, everyone we've played have been poor quality sides.

As well as pre-mentioned away games, we have Burnley and Watford at home too.

it has to happen!!

I didnt realise the Champions League final at Wembley had meant they moved the Championship playoff final to the monday.......otherw*s* there is no way i would have booked a flight to Rome that day!!
Gonna cost more than the initial flight cost to move it!
Arse:bang:
Gutted.

2nd or bust (for me being selfish!):icon_cry:

It's traditionally been the Bank Holiday Monday except if there's an international tournament in the Summer.

I can see Leicester and forest going up in the automatic places. Not sure how QPR have bee doing form wise but They are catchable. They have to play most teams around them and they could be the ones to wobble??

Is it not true that we won on our last visit to each of these grounds? I don't see why it would be that difficult to repeat the feat.

It is true Boc - I was there for both, expected us to get beat in both and was delighted that we fully deserved our wins in both.

My point was that it's a tough run, it will be tough to maintain momentum (not impossible) and that reaching the play-offs should still be seen as a phenomenal achievement, given where we were.

is this the unpredictable Scunthorpe with one point from the last six league games?

http://www.englishfootball.info/championship/table/index.php?table=recent_form

Ref Forest, Scunthorpe are a highly unpredictable team, who almost got something at Cardiff on Saturday. I don't think their two games in hand are easy as some are making out.

Forest also play Cardiff this weekend. If they lose to Scunthorpe and draw with Cardiff, and we beat Bristol City the gap will only be 3 points. They then have a tricky game at Boro and still us to play.

Don't write off 2nd place just yet :icon_wink

:064:

I think we need circa 80 points to have a decent chance of finishing above either Leeds or Swansea. Unfortunately, we don't play either in the run in.

To finish 5th or 6th would a fantastic achievement and I think it's still against the odds.

The Forest are placed comfortably to finish above us taking account of the game in hand and goal difference and any lingering hopes that we could catch them would be snuffed out if we lose there.

I rule out a top two finish as unrealistic.More amazing things have happened in football- but not on a regular basis.

I think we need circa 80 points to have a decent chance of finishing above either Leeds or Swansea. Unfortunately, we don't play either in the run in.

To finish 5th or 6th would a fantastic achievement and I think it's still against the odds.

The Forest are placed comfortably to finish above us taking account of the game in hand and goal difference and any lingering hopes that we could catch them would be snuffed out if we lose there.

I rule out a top two finish as unrealistic.More amazing things have happened in football- but not on a regular basis.

I think we would need around 2.5 points per game to make automatic promotion happen (about 85/86 points). It is a very long shot and not very likely. I do believe we will make the play-offs if we can keep playing like we have been though.

Did anyone else watch QPR v Notts Florist?

If this was the best of the rest, we've nothing to fear from anyone over our last 15 games.

QPR will probably gather 85-88 points and win the league. Second place will probably go for around 82.

To compete for it we need to win 11 out of 15 games. We've won 9 of our last 15 games and that includes a very poor December.

On current form, I'd back us against anyone home or away.

We're currently the best team in this league by a country mile. We're full of confidence, have good competition for every position and are getting better and better. We are also chasing those above rather than being chased.

Forget the league table and games in hand. We're going to carry on battering teams and those above are going to get the wobbles. Florist are past masters at bottling anyway.

Which of course means we will bottle it on Friday night.

:icon_lol:

I agree though, the way we are playing would see us competing in the top flight. No reason to think we can't win every single game if you take them one at a time.

Form
1 Nottingham Forest (2) 20 dWwWwWwD
2 Leicester City (7) 19 wWwWdWwl
3 Swansea City (5) 16 wLwdWlWW
4 Hull City (10)15 WwDDdWwL
5 Norwich City (3) 15 WlWdwDdW
6 Ipswich Town (15)15 dWwWlLdW
7 Burnley (8) 14 wWlwdDlW
8 Millwall (9) 14 dWlWlWdW
9 Cardiff City (2)14 WwDWdWll
10 Leeds United (6)13 wWddWlDD

Last edited:

Forget the league table and games in hand.

And yet you have spent time and thought speculating. It's a fantastic period to be in. Football isn't just the notional 3 o'clock kick-off on Saturday. We all glance at the forthcoming fixtures and dabble with the statto sites. Those who say they are indifferent/ opposed to threads like this might be in denial (thread 327211) is an example, but I'm pleased to say it's flawed after 3 games. So pencil and paper back out.

So am I guilty? Yes. A realist? Yes. The average has been 86 (over the last 6 years). We'll only drop 7pts? I'm hoping. But the Trees to drop 18 & Baardiff 16?? So it appears to be the play-offs. 76 is the best achieved. Barring accidents the 5 'homes' against the lowest teams should be 15pts. Leaving 13pts from 30 needed.

So Brown Nose, 'on current form' they are all gimmes. But, "Forget the league table and games in hand", no, there would be little to fill my week.

P.s Joe_Fox a new update would be appreciated.

And yet you have spent time and thought speculating. It's a fantastic period to be in. Football isn't just the notional 3 o'clock kick-off on Saturday. We all glance at the forthcoming fixtures and dabble with the statto sites. Those who say they are indifferent/ opposed to threads like this might be in denial (thread 327211) is an example, but I'm pleased to say it's flawed after 3 games. So pencil and paper back out.

So am I guilty? Yes. A realist? Yes. The average has been 86 (over the last 6 years). We'll only drop 7pts? I'm hoping. But the Trees to drop 18 & Baardiff 16?? So it appears to be the play-offs. 76 is the best achieved. Barring accidents the 5 'homes' against the lowest teams should be 15pts. Leaving 13pts from 30 needed.

So Brown Nose, 'on current form' they are all gimmes. But, "Forget the league table and games in hand", no, there would be little to fill my week.

P.s Joe_Fox a new update would be appreciated.
Yeah we should have a new thread just like this one every few minutes. Calculators out everyone!

Did anyone else watch QPR v Notts Florist?

If this was the best of the rest, we've nothing to fear from anyone over our last 15 games.

QPR will probably gather 85-88 points and win the league. Second place will probably go for around 82.

To compete for it we need to win 11 out of 15 games. We've won 9 of our last 15 games and that includes a very poor December.

We're currently the best team in this league by a country mile. We're full of confidence, have good competition for every position and are getting better and better. We are also chasing those above rather than being chased.

Forget the league table and games in hand. We're going to carry on battering teams and those above are going to get the wobbles. Florist are past masters at bottling anyway.
Boy oh boy am I going to save this one :069:

It's traditionally been the Bank Holiday Monday except if there's an international tournament in the Summer.

Now i feel worse, adding being stupid to the list. That would explain why 2008 Burnley game and 2010 Blackpool games were on a Saturday. I wouldnt have registered 09 in my head cos we werent even in the league........arse

Come back to this exact spot at 5pm on Saturday 8th May and let's have a discussion about who is mistaken then.

I'm in one of those strange places at the moment (in my mind that is).

Almost in denial at how we are performing, 6 in 7, playing beautifully and grinding out results when required.

7th place with an anticipatory glance at 3rd to 6th and a 'can't be done' look at the top 2 positions (but with fingers crossed).

It's a bit like shagging your sister in law i guess, you really should't but it's difficult to resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566