Almost guilty for thinking it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else see the odds they had on SSN for the top 8 of the championship whilst they were previewing Cardiff's game tonight??? They had us 6th faves at 16/1 (I think) and Dirty Leeds 7th at 28s??? Id love it for us to pip DL for the play offs :081:

Come back to this exact spot at 5pm on Saturday 8th May and let's have a discussion about who is mistaken then.

Dunno about the exact date / time but mark my words - I will return, hoopefully to point out where you were wrong....

Bit of statto for thought.

Currently in the Championship only QPR have scored more than us at home, their 33 to our 30. Leeds also on 30.

Then goals conceeded away from home, only Palace on 37 have conceeded more. We are 31 same as Barnsley and Donnie.

Hopefully we've turned the corner as the last 4 away league matches, won 3 drawn 1. We have only conceeded 1 goal, and that was an injury time equaliser at PNE.

Bit of statto for thought.

Currently in the Championship only QPR have scored more than us at home, their 33 to our 30. Leeds also on 30.

Then goals conceeded away from home, only Palace on 37 have conceeded more. We are 31 same as Barnsley and Donnie.

Hopefully we've turned the corner as the last 4 away league matches, won 3 drawn 1. We have only conceeded 1 goal, and that was an injury time equaliser at PNE.

Ten of our conceded away goals were in those two embarrassing games at the end of Sousa's shite.

The average has been 86 (over the last 6 years). We'll only drop 7pts? I'm hoping. But the Trees to drop 18 & Baardiff 16?? So it appears to be the play-offs.

Pretty much my thoughts, it's not about what we do, really, we're not going to win every game and break the English football record, we weill lose a couple from here til the end of the season and Cardiff and Forest with their games in hand are too far ahead of us.

If they lose their games in hand then I'll start dreaming it...

Last edited:
1982/83 old Second Division (only 22 teams) Fifteen games to go and three teams running away with it; Wolves 56 pts, QPR 55 pts and Fulham 51 pts, we are also-rans in 5th on 39pts. We smash Wolves 5-0 and go on to collect 70 pts and win promotion, Fulhams form collapses, they gain one point from possible 21 away and we beat them at the Cottage. Wolves fare just as bad and we narrow the gap from 17 pts to just 5pts.
More clubs involved this time but... I'm just sayin....

[YOUTUBE]lkCbeNE7Fw8[/YOUTUBE]

Before my time this why is Pen 3 not open? Crowd control?

I remember the game but not the significance. Lynex and Smith tore them apart.

Was that the year where we sealed our promotion with win at Orient and Fulhams game wS abandoned a few minutes early because of crowd trouble? We had to wait on their Appeal before our pro
Promotion was confirmed

Before my time this why is Pen 3 not open? Crowd control?

Isn't that Pen 2 that is empty?

That pen was closed for several seasons to provide segregation for the away fans.

Was that the year where we sealed our promotion with win at Orient and Fulhams game wS abandoned a few minutes early because of crowd trouble? We had to wait on their Appeal before our pro
Promotion was confirmed

Orient was 1980 I think.

But it was the year of the sheep v Fulham game.
Our last game was a 0-0 against someone like Bolton or Burnley

Promotion was confirmed

Those two events didn't happen in the same season. The former was 79/80; the latter was 82/83 when we had played a 0-0 draw with already-relegated Burnley at Filbert Street.

The 5-0 beating of Wolves was also 82/83.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669