Are stalled contract talks now starting to affect performances on the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I understand those reasons, I didn't know about the pre-contract conditions Boc stated, and I am not 100% of FFP. However when I read the thread title I immediately thought No don't be stupid next thread please, after seeing this particular move by Burnley I can see that Vokes knowing where he stands with the club this early regardless of promotion or not, will motivate his performances more. I think if Nugent knew he is wanted and has a certain amount of security until he is 32, it's better for both player and team.

I do however think moaning about it is ridiculous. Even though the average footballer may not be the most intelligent I'm sure they can understand the club's situation.

Can the club simply offer the same contract but with non-promotion/promotion clauses to prevent the extreme calamities that would apparently happen if offering contracts was to backfire?

Also on Football Manager, Wes Morgan took a pay cut when I got promoted this year, might be worth talking to him about it.

Yes, I understand those reasons, I didn't know about the pre-contract conditions Boc stated, and I am not 100% of FFP. However when I read the thread title I immediately thought No don't be stupid next thread please, after seeing this particular move by Burnley I can see that Vokes knowing where he stands with the club this early regardless of promotion or not, will motivate his performances more. I think if Nugent knew he is wanted and has a certain amount of security until he is 32, it's better for both player and team.

I do however think moaning about it is ridiculous. Even though the average footballer may not be the most intelligent I'm sure they can understand the club's situation.

Can the club simply offer the same contract but with non-promotion/promotion clauses to prevent the extreme calamities that would apparently happen if offering contracts was to backfire?

Also on Football Manager, Wes Morgan took a pay cut when I got promoted this year, might be worth talking to him about it.

Vokes contract may also just be to get more when they sell him in the summer.

Then why wouldn't a contract extension on Dyer be the same situation?
I think more clubs will be after Vokes than Lloyd TBH. That's not to downplay Lloyd, who has had a fantastic season, but Vokes would be more flavour of the month I'm guessing.

I think more clubs will be after Vokes than Lloyd TBH. That's not to downplay Lloyd, who has had a fantastic season, but Vokes would be more flavour of the month I'm guessing.

I disagree. Neither Vokes or Dyer are good enough for the Premiership, and I think that after viewing the impact the player has on a team, although Vokes is having a great season, Dyer's pace (and goals this season) are invaluable in the Championship. There are many players who offer what Vokes does. Dyer is far more unique.

Difference is minimal in value anyway

I disagree. Neither Vokes or Dyer are good enough for the Premiership, and I think that after viewing the impact the player has on a team, although Vokes is having a great season, Dyer's pace (and goals this season) are invaluable in the Championship. There are many players who offer what Vokes does. Dyer is far more unique.

Difference is minimal in value anyway
I think you are forgetting the difference is age between the two. Vokes will be playing for more than a few years at Championship level at least, Lloyd will possible manage a couple more at Championship level. There lies the difference between the relative valuations of the two, and their value to the clubs they presently play for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669