Post Match Aston Villa 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on record here as saying I want Pearson to stay. He lost me today and judging by the reaction of the fans around me I'm not the only one. Relegation I can accept. It's nothing new to any City fan. Even when I've felt we've lost (many) points to a negative approach to games I can see his logic in wanting to keep things tight and not lose. I think he's been wrong, but I've also thought it's something he can learn from.

But not this. Almost certainly relegated but with a possible run deep into a Cup we've never won to keep the season going. Nothing to lose. Attack them, try to win. We didn't do those things and I'm angry about it. There were no points to lose here. Only a replay to be gained by being negative. There's no learning from that; it's either arrogance or stupidity. Thanks for everything Nige. I mean that. But I've had my fill.

Last edited:
This - it's bad, really bad. You wonder how many times we can 'rebuild' or 'start again'. There are quality players in the side, they're not performing unless we're playing Arsenal or Liverpool.

Everton next, we can help them to safety!

We've looked on the disparity between our performances against 'glamour' clubs and the lacklustre stuff in what are perceived the run of the mill - which are of course are the crucial games for us.

You are probably right. Our better players enjoy the showcase opportunity .. and that's about it. The manager is master of the bizarre selection e.g. the goalkeeper and the shunning of players who have annoyed him... and on it goes.

We were beyond awful. We are bottom of the Prem because we are clearly the worst team in it. The first 30 minutes of the second half were the most embarrassing I've ever had to watch. What happened to the team that played against Arsenal?

It was a NAAFI performance. No Ambition And ****all Interest.

This season has gone from promising, to bad to woeful.

The irony is NP seems safe as we're going down (he looks to have accepted it based on today), and he's the best candidate for a promotion run. A few more points on the board and a realistic chance of staying up, and I think the club would have axed him.

I'm on record here as saying I want Pearson to stay. He lost me today and judging by the reaction of the fans around me I'm not the only one. Relegation I can accept. It's nothing new to any City fan. Even when I've felt we've lost (many) points to a negative approach to games I can see his logic in wanting to keep things tight and not lose. I think he's been wrong, but I've also thought it's something he can learn from.

But not this. Almost certainly relegated but with a possible run deep into a Cup we've never won to keep the season going. Nothing to lose. Attack them, try to win. We didn't do those things and I'm angry about it. There were no points to lose here. Only a replay to be gained by being negative. There's no learning from that; it's either arrogance or stupidity. Thanks for everything Nige. I mean that. But I've had my fill.

Agree with all of that. Let them manage themselves until a half decent manager becomes available though, none of the shit that were mentioned last time.

Staunch Pearson supporter turned bewildered angry man here.

If anyone on here can explain to me what his target was for todays game then I would greatly appreciatit.t, not one of the clueless media muppets will ask.

I am afraid I have grown tired, I fear his using of a full strength side in such a negative manner has finisHed us this season.

Thanks Nigel

Pearson said:

"We have to take our chances, we had chances in the first half. The first 15 minutes I don't think we were very fluent with the ball but after that we did pretty well. In the second half, we just could not keep hold of the ball, it kept coming back at us.

The reason we are having a frustrating season is because we don't reproduce performances. All but one player was in the side who started against Arsenal, which was a good performance, and for today we did not do well enough for long periods.

We have to make sure our performances are more consistent. That is what is more annoying. Players, when they are in the side have to make sure they produce performances that make it difficult to make changes."

Pearson said:
Players, when they are in the side have to make sure they produce performances that make it difficult to make changes."

Well if that's the case, drop the lot for the next game.

Impossible to be worse.

This season has gone from promising, to bad to woeful.

The irony is NP seems safe as we're going down (he looks to have accepted it based on today), and he's the best candidate for a promotion run. A few more points on the board and a realistic chance of staying up, and I think the club would have axed him.

I keep hearing this, "He's the best bet for promotion" - WHY???? The team needs completely re-building (Too many old men and presumably, Kramaric and Ulloa (?) have relegation escape clauses). Will players have the impetus to go again for a failed manager?

IF, you answered that, "Yes", when would you replace Pearson? It seems particularly mean and pointless to let him re-build, earn promotion and then get rid of him, asking a new man to alter the team for another Premier League season. I have never been a Pearson man but, you either have to make a clean break now, or say that the man has learned from this experience and will do better next time.

I've always wandered when people say this, is it worse than normal shit?

It is probably better.
A movie called "The 51st State" points out that
"bollocks" is bad
"the dogs bollocks" is good.

Immediately after Villa's first goal the door bell went. I was faced with two religious fanatics one of which asked me "Do you think that suffering will ever end?" I slammed the door on them as I usually do. but thought "Yes. In the close season"

What frustrates me, is the same people who will not allow the suggestion that we would do better to replace Pearson are the first on here after a game decrying the man! Why doesn't one of the Pearson supporters come on and explain that, whilst it is sad to lose, here are the benefits from that game? Possibly because there aren't any. Apart from Schlupp, we aren't even giving young players a taste of top level football (if one could call that top level!)

I can, however, now understand those who say that they will be happy to return to the Championship. We are clearly out of our depth BIG time in the Premier League.

I really don't want to upset people and I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to their views but....I can only guess that there are a disproportionate representation of fans on this forum who at heart prefer a winning side in the 2nd or even 3 rd tier rather than apire to have a battling and more difficult time in the PL. I also believe that Pearson has a lot of credit for his previous achievements - and quite rightly so.

But he is a disaster for a PL club - and only gets away with it because the owners can't stomach getting rid.

At some point, if LCFC wants to progress he has to go. I realise he is fine in the Championship but the owners should be setting long term goals and getting in someone to deliver them. If they don't get it right first time, try again until they do get it right.

Like thousands of other LCFC supporters, I missed our goal, having switched off the TV.

I put on a DVD of Disney's Pinocchio to watch with my grandson.

Made a change to watch one wooden puppet instead of eleven.

I don't know what to think. I am a Pearson fan. I like the way he goes about scouting for talent, and he brings in some very good talent. He gives young players a chance. He shows some of the qualities that some of the very best managers like Fergie and Clough had, takes no bullshit, doesn't care what you think of him, isn't afraid to piss people off. Unfortunately he seems to be lacking in his tactical nouse to win us games and really struggles to get us out of a bad run when we're in one, this happened in the Championship as well a few seasons ago when we just scraped a play-off place. He is also far to stubborn for his own good. Do not stick with players that are repeatedly turning in shit individual performances, even if that player happens to be your club captain ;)

I think our team is capable of far better than what we are at the minute.

We should have gone for Pulis when he was available but if we sack Pearson now who will we get in? In my opinion there is nobody better and it would cost a lot to sack him. He's the best man to 'go again' next year but even if he manages another promotion does he deserve another crack of the whip having failed so miserably this year? It's a difficult one, for me there's just no better option right now than to give him a chance to turn it around.

I keep hearing this, "He's the best bet for promotion" - WHY???? The team needs completely re-building (Too many old men and presumably, Kramaric and Ulloa (?) have relegation escape clauses). Will players have the impetus to go again for a failed manager?

IF, you answered that, "Yes", when would you replace Pearson? It seems particularly mean and pointless to let him re-build, earn promotion and then get rid of him, asking a new man to alter the team for another Premier League season. I have never been a Pearson man but, you either have to make a clean break now, or say that the man has learned from this experience and will do better next time.

Who would take the job now? The list of candidates is underwhelming, the only thing that really matters is what the owners think, they decide and it looks like they consider him the best for promotion.

If we were to re-do this season or have another crack at the Prem. I doubt the owners would so forgiving.

Who would take the job now? The list of candidates is underwhelming, the only thing that really matters is what the owners think, they decide and it looks like they consider him the best for promotion.

If we were to re-do this season or have another crack at the Prem. I doubt the owners would so forgiving.

Why do you have such a poor opinion of our club? Albeit by the skin of their teeth, Leicester are a Premier League team, they have owners who are willing to invest in the team and we have a decent base of supporters. I think a lot of managers would look at a job opportunity as Leicester manager. Just because we are not Chelsea, don't sell us short.

Sorry, NOT an attack on you, but on another opinion which has been repeated so often that many do not question it! :icon_lol:

Got back from Fastelavn and saw the match (recorded).
We took a long time getting into the 2nd half..........and lost, of course!
Funnily enough I don´t mind.........maybe I´ve just got used to us losing?

Time for the father to show some bollocks and overrule the son. If Pearson can't motivate the players for a game like that then he deserves to go. He's starting to blame the players now.

There was nothing wrong with the line up or formation (aside from the obvious questions about Morgan and Schwarzer). However, why do we insist in taking a potentially attacking 3-4-3 formation and turn it into 5-4-1? When playing against such a poor side, isolating a striker that needs service is madness. I felt very sorry for Kramaric who tried to be defender, midfielder, winger and forward today.

Villa have scored only 17 goals in 29 games this season with 4 of them against us!

But we're talking about things that don't matter. The players confidence is totally shot, meaning they can only perform when the pressure is totally off them. Put any kind of expectation their way and they fall to pieces.

Heard the 'One NP' brigade out in force again today. Many appear to be following Nigel Pearson FC rather than Leicester City FC to their eternal shame. Although judging by some of the comments on here, some may finally be seeing what's been bleeding obvious for months.

Too late now folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670