Post Match Aston Villa 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was nothing wrong with the line up or formation (aside from the obvious questions about Morgan and Schwarzer). However, why do we insist in taking a potentially attacking 3-4-3 formation and turn it into 5-4-1? When playing against such a poor side, isolating a striker that needs service is madness. I felt very sorry for Kramaric who tried to be defender, midfielder, winger and forward today.

Villa have scored only 17 goals in 29 games this season with 4 of them against us!

But we're talking about things that don't matter. The players confidence is totally shot, meaning they can only perform when the pressure is totally off them. Put any kind of expectation their way and they fall to pieces.

Heard the 'One NP' brigade out in force again today. Many appear to be following Nigel Pearson FC rather than Leicester City FC to their eternal shame. Although judging by some of the comments on here, some may finally be seeing what's been bleeding obvious for months.

Too late now folks!
You're either Cliff Ginnetta or a troll. You have to be. Eternal shame? ****ing hell. You're worse than Cafe at the minute, along with Redditch.

What a complete steaming pile of shit. Like watching the same shit film over and over and over again.

He can't be sacked soon enough for me. These performances are painful to watch. What an absolute mess of a season he's orchestrated here. It's made more painful by how dreadful the teams we are losing to are.

The Schwarzer decision is emblematic of how much he has lost the plot here. He's been culpable in at least half of the goals we've conceded since he's been in the goal.

As for individual performances:

Worst I've ever seen Schlupp play. That he wasn't subbed for Albrighton is remarkable.
Simpson similarly poor. I'm not a De Laet fan but he's a better fit in that system.
Schwarzer is actually a bit of an embrassment. When he was signed I thought it would be a steady head used sparingly. That he has walked straight into the side is ridiculous.
Kramaric hasn't realized he's a leicester player yet. Ulloa on the other hand looks suitably bereft of confidence.

James our best player by a mile today.

Talking of the elderly, who is that old gent who usually sits next to Nigel? Craig someone? What is his role in this fiasco?

This is apparently what happens when you have all powerful owners who know nothing about football.

The only owner I can think of understands football is Dave Whelan of Wigan though there may be others. . When we had an owner who thought he understood football we were relegated to League One. He then did a incredibly foolish thing and let Nigel Pearson go to another club. I think the present owners have been excellent.

I did not see an "old gent" sitting next to Nigel but the early middle aged bald gentleman is Steve Walsh Sr. He actually coached Steve Walsh Jr.

Gerry Taggart and the Birch were part of a Leicester legends evening during the reign of Sven when the Pearson managemenbt team was at Hull. Taggart made a point of saying how superb Walsh's understanding of the game was. Birch agreed that Walsh was "awesome". Walsh always sits in the stand where he communicates with Phillips except when Kevin could not get the device to work.

He had been Chief European scout for Chelsea and recommended Zola and Drogba among others. At a Meet The Fans evening I asked how Leicester in the third tier managed to sign a Bulgarian international in Tunchev Nigel replied that it was all down to Steve Walsh. He has a special interest in French football and it seems that on the plus side Mahrez and Knockaert are down to him - on the negative side so was Yann Kermogant. I would guess that Wasilewski, Cambiasso and Kramaric are also down to him.

However, he cannot be the elderly gent you mention as he can only be in his late 50s.

Some people are like ****ing stuck records. Pearson does good - you don't see or hear from them. Whenever things go tits they spunk themselves dry. Tedious.

Well I'm still in the 'stick with' camp. We are shit, yes but when the best alternative is Harry feckin' Redknapp I think we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. As mentioned in a previous post, there are a lot of things I like about Pearson but he has his short comings. All in all I think we've got a good set up at the club and hopefully Pearson will turn it around sooner rather than later. If this shitty run continues into next season I expect he'll be given the boot pretty early on.

Some people are like ****ing stuck records. Pearson does good - you don't see or hear from them. Whenever things go tits they spunk themselves dry. Tedious.

Trust me. I want to support him and hate the idea of another managerial hunt. But the performances have become so bad I see no other option but to make a change. I take no pleasure in this.

I have been a staunch Pearson supporter but today is the straw that broke the camels back, it's not the brave and dignified defeats to teams like Arsenal etc, it's the inability to produce and compete against the also rans that has done it for me, we have made this mistake time and time again in the league and it looks like we will pay the price with relegation, but to then repeat in the FA cup when it is wide open against Villa is just too much. We have gifted a place in the quarter final with barely a whimper and the 6.5k who travelled must feel robbed.

Pearson out for me, I know the list of potential candidates isn't that inspiring but I am afraid it cannot be any worse than what we are currently experiencing, and the blind loyalty to Morgan is nothing short of disgraceful.

'twas ever thus, Maws

I've said it before - some of them enjoy the failure more than any remote smell of success. It's what they thrive on now, having completely lost the ability to support their club any more.

Today is the type of thing they revel in, pitiful fecktards that they are

Well I'm still in the 'stick with' camp. We are shit, yes but when the best alternative is Harry feckin' Redknapp I think we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. As mentioned in a previous post, there are a lot of things I like about Pearson but he has his short comings. All in all I think we've got a good set up at the club and hopefully Pearson will turn it around sooner rather than later. If this shitty run continues into next season I expect he'll be given the boot pretty early on.

The best alternative is not Harry Redknapp. There are thousands if managers out there. In the summer we have the opportunity to start fresh with any number of qualified managers if the club thinks outside the box. No I don't know who that manager should be but that is not my job to know.

And to say that Pearson shows any traits of Ferguson or Clough is a ****ing joke.

Last edited:
Trust me. I want to support him and hate the idea of another managerial hunt. But the performances have become so bad I see no other option but to make a change. I take no pleasure in this.
Not you, Miley. Who couldn't find today a pain? And some people may now believe in a change, that's fine too. It's the incessant, pitiful whine from the "1 post, he's only got 1 post" people that I find tediously dull.

Never heard from them last season but now they seem to have supped from Soloman's pint glass and are giddy with self-righteous bollocks. Clearly, forum rules prohibit me from attacking them directly but I wish they'd all **** off and swallow each other's cocks in Hell.

The best alternative is not Harry Redknapp. There are thousands if managers out there. In the summer we have the opportunity to start fresh with any number of qualified managers if the club thinks outside the box. No I don't know who that manager should be but that is not my job to know.

And to say that Pearson shows any traits of Ferguson or Clough is a ****ing joke.

Not really, Ferguson, Pearson and Clough were/are all controversial so there's a shared trait that's no joke. Just because he hasn't shared the same successes doesn't mean he doesn't have some of the same characteristics. You read to much into what I said. Heck, I share some of the same characteristics.

So we sack Pearson, who would you have brought in to replace him? It's all right saying there are thousands of suitable managers out there and then not give any idea of who we might realistically be able to get that would be a better fit.

Not really, Ferguson, Pearson and Clough were/are all controversial so there's a shared trait that's no joke. Just because he hasn't shared the same successes doesn't mean he doesn't have some of the same characteristics. You read to much into what I said. Heck, I share some of the same characteristics.

So we sack Pearson, who would you have brought in to replace him? It's all right saying there are thousands of suitable managers out there and then not give any idea of who we might realistically be able to get that would be a better fit.
Exactly, it's as big a cop out as saying "it's not my job to come up with a replacement." It's not your job to decide when to sack him either but you don't let that get in the way.

Heard the 'One NP' brigade out in force again today. Many appear to be following Nigel Pearson FC rather than Leicester City FC to their eternal shame. Although judging by some of the comments on here, some may finally be seeing what's been bleeding obvious for months.

Too late now folks!

Hes manager of our club hence his name is sung. It's called supporting. As a neighbour put it to me 'It's ****ing hard work supporting this lot'.

Come the final whistle his name was certainly dirt in the away end. In fact it got quite toxic in there. I left when they bagged their second and was thankfully sat on the train fairly quick.

Is Nige testing the owners resolve? Some odd things today. 1 sub? This love affair with Morgan. The constant ignorance of Albrighton. Nugent always good for a sub impact not on at all.

It looked a beaten team sadly today. Roughly a third of a season left to pray for a miracle.

My biggest worry would be losing Steve Walsh's expertise, the guy Redditch ignorantly dismisses as some old bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669