Post Match Aston Villa 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some unfair criticism of NP for yesterday's performance on here.

Now you really are taking the piss. It was the most abject, spineless and gutless performance witnessed in many a year.

The first 30 minutes of the second half were so bad I was squirming in my seat with embarrassment.

I've supported and defended Pearson stoutly for a long time but I've now reached the end of my patience like the majority on here.

Pearson should have gone in December. Some people on here were quite happy for him to stay because we played well against Manchester City, and lost.

A masterclass in shit tactics, team selection & game management. And a masterclass in arrogance during the post match interviews.

Difference between two awful sides
Given = 1 top class, one-handed save from a brilliant James effort denying a certain goal
Sch-you-know-who = a diabolical, three attempts fumble from a perfectly save-able effort from someone on their side.
The rest was as you said above

A masterclass in shit tactics, team selection & game management. And a masterclass in arrogance during the post match interviews.

Difference between two awful sides
Given = 1 top class, one-handed save from a brilliant James effort denying a certain goal
Sch-you-know-who = a diabolical, three attempts fumble from a perfectly save-able effort from someone on their side.
The rest was as you said above

And the worst thing is that we have handed them a massive confidence boosting win on a plate and virtually guaranteed their survival while making our task even more difficult at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing id say about this load of crap was when villa did begin to play better ,why take our best defender off which again left konchestky stranded again and hes playing bloody rubbish anyway .that bloody man pearson has made the wrong disaster again .get the bloody man out ,now .we just cant keep going on like this .its our money being wasted.we cant get a word out of the club, pearson ,susan wealen thats another we want some bloody answers .now

And the worst thing is that we have handed them a massive confidence boosting win on a plate and virtually guaranteed their survival while making our task even more difficult at the same time.
This is a joke right?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a joke right?

Other than the guaranteed survival part he's spot on.

We traveled to a fellow struggler and gave them so much respect and a nice win, this has more chance of starting them on a decent run that it does us.

Don't underestimate the monumental **** up that was Sunday, I'm afraid Pearson has basically given a huge rival a massive boost whilst at the same time destroying any remaining hint of belief we had, and all in front of a staggering 6,500 away fans.

We traveled to a fellow struggler and gave them so much respect and a nice win, this has more chance of starting them on a decent run that it does us.

Don't underestimate the monumental **** up that was Sunday, I'm afraid Pearson has basically given a huge rival a massive boost whilst at the same time destroying any remaining hint of belief we had, and all in front of a staggering 6,500 away fans.

Sunday was an unmitigated disaster. Nothing a couple of wins can't fix but hard to see where those are going to come from.

This has got too wearisome. People banging their heads against the wall full knowing that nothing they say is going to make feck all difference. Some quite sensible stuff from those with a commendably patient and philosophic mindset - which I could never hope to match and then you get the puerile sniping from another angle which seems to rejoice in rejecting any sense of reality - a sort of 'that bus is never going to knock you down, oh dear is that you flattened on the road' approach (I couldn't possibly quote a name of course).

Is there hope of an end to this misery - yes, roll on the last match of this wretched season.

Pearson should have gone in December. Some people on here were quite happy for him to stay because we played well against Manchester City, and lost.
W

We are down now to producing just two types of results- Pearson says we played well and we lose or we just lose.

I've seen us have good, bad and indifferent managers but in terms of a closed mind and arrogance, Pearson is on his own.

So, had we won, we'd be all positive about staying up then, surely?

Well...Redditch wouldn't be posting at all...as we saw last season success doesn't sit too well with him.

Not bullying like...but we didn't hear so much as a whimper last year when we were giving the championship a deep, thorough and violent rodgering.

The only thing id say about this load of crap was when villa did begin to play better ,why take our best defender off which again left konchestky stranded again and hes playing bloody rubbish anyway .that bloody man pearson has made the wrong disaster again .get the bloody man out ,now .we just cant keep going on like this .its our money being wasted.we cant get a word out of the club, pearson ,susan wealen thats another we want some bloody answers .now

Aaaaaaand another one comes out of the woodwork.

I had accepted that chances are we are going down. Losing is something the majority of us should have got very used to this season and we can try as hard as we like against Arse etc but we're not quite good enough, I can accept that. What I can't accept following Sunday's serving of shit is that we were actually scared of taking on the mighty Aston Villa. If Pea Son is sacked for that alone then it's fair enough in my eyes.

I had accepted that chances are we are going down. Losing is something the majority of us should have got very used to this season and we can try as hard as we like against Arse etc but we're not quite good enough, I can accept that. What I can't accept following Sunday's serving of shit is that we were actually scared of taking on the mighty Aston Villa. If Pea Son is sacked for that alone then it's fair enough in my eyes.

My argument was more that apparently, by Villa winning, they are now guaranteed to stay up and will have a major confidence boost despite playing awfully themselves. We have had no major confidence boosts from any of our victories or good performances yet apparently this is season turning for Villa.

Well...Redditch wouldn't be posting at all...as we saw last season success doesn't sit too well with him.

Not bullying like...but we didn't hear so much as a whimper last year when we were giving the championship a deep, thorough and violent rodgering.

To be fair, you didn't hear much from me, either. I thoroughly enjoyed Leicester lording it over the Championship and would have LOVED to see us comfortably establish our place in the Premier League. It would, however, have been untrue for me to praise NP, because I did not, do not and probably never will like his management style.

I cannot speak for everybody, but I would doubt that anyone really wants City to fail: I know that I wish that I was still sitting upon my hands as Nigel Pearson continued to prove that I wouldn't know a good manager if he bit my nether regions (a very real possibility in NP's case :icon_bigg )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669