Astrit Ajdarevic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the main problem against Scunthorpe was that he didn't really seem to know what position he was playing-he was all over the place.

He seemed to be playing just behind the front two when he first went on, with King and Oakley behind him.
I read in the match thread that according to RL when AA came on Gradel moved to right back, but it looked to me more like a 3-4-1-2 formation.

Last edited:
He seemed to be playing just behind the front two when he first went on, with King and Oakley behind him.
I read in the match thread that according to RL when AA came on Gradel moved to right back, but it looked to me more like a 3-4-1-2 formation.

That's probably because Gradel forgot where he was supposed to be and Ajdarevic never had any idea in the first place. Certainly the way they lined up straight after the substitution suggested that Gradel was supposed to be playing at full-back but the penalty seemed to come so quickly afterwards that things got pretty ragged as uncool heads tried to make amends.

But weren't we defending at the time, so he would have had to drop deeper anyway?

Yes - the substitutions came directly after Edworthy was booked for a foul. And yes, he (Gradel) would have had to drop deeper anyway. My point is really that the whole formation seemed to be unclear and disorganised. It's hardly a wonder that we conceded a penalty so soon afterwards.

Just because he played bad against Scunny doesen't mean he won't be good. Give him time.

:038::038::038: He has not been given a fair chance, and TBH Pearson would have seen much more of him on the training field and will know what he is capable of. I believe he has it in him to become a good player, or I should say to show us what he can do.

How anyone can have an opinion on him after seeing very little of him is beyond me. After seeing Hobbs play for six or seven games I would have sent him back, but now he is the first person I would have on the teamsheet.

:038::038::038: He has not been given a fair chance, and TBH Pearson would have seen much more of him on the training field and will know what he is capable of. I believe he has it in him to become a good player, or I should say to show us what he can do.

How anyone can have an opinion on him after seeing very little of him is beyond me. After seeing Hobbs play for six or seven games I would have sent him back, but now he is the first person I would have on the teamsheet.

BG - Lucid, Reasonable, Measured, Reticent...

I agree totally about Hobbs, whereas I liked Cleverley from the beginning.

Perhaps I haven't seen enough of Ajdarevic but to me he's all fancy footwork and no substance.

I agree totally about Hobbs, whereas I liked Cleverley from the beginning.

Perhaps I haven't seen enough of Ajdarevic but to me he's all fancy footwork and no substance.

He is a young lad, trying to settle in and impress the fans with some party tricks. Maybe he should just do the simple thing yes but he is trying to impress and make an impression. When/If he is signed on I believe he will be more comfortable and more settled. Lets remember before he joined he had never had 1st team football. Players are not just instantly amazing they have to improve.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, Tim Flowers said exactly that on RL a few minutes later. Stringer hadn't noticed, of course...

He is a young lad, trying to settle in and impress the fans with some party tricks. Maybe he should just do the simple thing yes but he is trying to impress and make an impression. When/If he is signed on I believe he will be more comfortable and more settled. Lets remember before he joined he had never had 1st team football. Players are not just instantly amazing they have to improve.

But at the beginning of next season we wont have the luxury of letting players have time to mess around, trying to impress, and settle in. We need people who know what they are doing, and get on with it.

But at the beginning of next season we wont have the luxury of letting players have time to mess around, trying to impress, and settle in. We need people who know what they are doing, and get on with it.

Maybe this lad will improve when he is given a full game, starting at Crewe for instance.
Like I say he did look unsteady against Scunny, but it was a very special match in front of a big passionate crowd, that can knock confidence in a young lad for a start. I know how he could have felt and it's not nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669