Post Match Barnsley 0 - 3 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just some hallucinatory, shared experience, fever dream we are all having right?

No way citeh are genuinely this ruthless, entertaining and effective.

The Watford conclusion last year will have been many fans lowest moment...we've all earned this...****ing enjoy every single second of it.

This season has done wonders for my loins.

Just an amazing set of results again. Up for sure now, only Burnley can really spoil the party.

We have a great squad of players who have been firing but credit must go to Vardy, he has been part of almost everything in this run of results. I just hope he can do it against better opposition. First goal was a quality stike but against shambolic defending.

Quote from Danny Wilson:

Barnsley boss Danny Wilson:
"Leicester are the best team in this division by a country mile, in my opinion.
"They're class, they're a good team to watch and I'm slightly jealous in one respect because they've got some quality players there.
"It's coming together for them now. They're a Premier League team in waiting; it's only a matter of time."

Honestly think we could beat Reading's English football record points total this season.

Certainly there will be many club records beaten.

I doubt that we'll beat Reading's record of 106. They had 83 points at this stage. We're also one behind Fulham who went on to get 101. However, we do have 8 points more than we had at this stage when we were last promoted to the Premier League in 2003. We also have 7 points more than Cardiff had at this point last season.

However, it does look like some club records can be broken this season.

Our most league wins in a season is 27 (set in League One 2008/9). We've won 24 already.
Our most home wins in a season is 16 (1928/9 & 2002/3). We're currently on 13.
Our most away wins in a season is 14 (set in League One 2008/9). We've won 11 already.
Most league points in a season is 96 (set in League One 2008/9). We're 19 short with 12 games left.

This is just some hallucinatory, shared experience, fever dream we are all having right?

No way citeh are genuinely this ruthless, entertaining and effective.

The Watford conclusion last year will have been many fans lowest moment...we've all earned this...****ing enjoy every single second of it.

This season has done wonders for my loins.
Well put. As Brown Nose said a while back, enjoy every moment of this because for a Leicester fan it doesn't happen that often. I'm now concdeding we have a pretty good chance of going up now.

Last edited:
I doubt that we'll beat Reading's record of 106. They had 83 points at this stage. We're also one behind Fulham who went on to get 101. However, we do have 8 points more than we had at this stage when we were last promoted to the Premier League in 2003. We also have 7 points more than Cardiff had at this point last season.

True, but we have just gotten better and better as the season goes on, so average points over the entire season may not be the best measure.

Our current run in the last 14 league games has been P14 W12 D2 L0, which is pretty damn insane and it certainly looks like beating Reading's 106 point record is a possibility.

Last night was a one sided affair, but it was bloody good fun to watch.

Any idea of the official away fan count? I was quite surprised how many we took in the end.

Went to the Dove Inn and it was a great little footy pub, fair play to them for allowing away fans in without any hassle. Also managed to park in the side street opposite which also provided a very quick escape after the game.

MOM - very difficult between the entire midfield and Vardy.

The 3rd piss easy 3-0 in a row and me and my mate cannot fathom any scenario other than promotion now, AMAZING!

Excellent stuff,

Some seriously miss informed idiots on that forum.

People seem to hate us because we are simply a ****ing good side, which is entertaining.

Hating the better teams in the division seems to keep some fans going, to be fair to the Barnsley fans facing relegation and a football lesson seems to have unhinged them.

Excellent stuff,

Some seriously miss informed idiots on that forum.

People seem to hate us because we are simply a ****ing good side, which is entertaining.

:018: Tut tut Lako, we're cheating, somehow, don't you know.

Any idea of the official away fan count? I was quite surprised how many we took in the end.

Went to the Dove Inn and it was a great little footy pub, fair play to them for allowing away fans in without any hassle. Also managed topark in the side street opposite which also provided a very quick escape after the game.

The 3rd piss easy 3-0 in a row and me and my mate cannot fathom any scenario other than promotion now, AMAZING!
3,455 according to YouTube highlights.
And I think a few of those were in said Dove Inn. Nice pint though.
I too parked just down from the pub in a side street and not too bad getaway if you went via Junction 36.
Problem was on the M1 as junction 33 was closed and just before junction 31 it went down to one lane!!
Anyone else get caught up in the massive traffic jam?
3,455 away fans it reckons on the YouTube highlights. A good turn out and quite a few were in that same pub

Jesus wept, there's some very bitter twisted folk on that Barnsley forum. I suspect watching your side get arseholed every week is distressing, but these seem to really hate us.

Oh well i'm sure I won't lose much sleep over it tonight.

If we had gone up under Sven I'd understand. But NP has done the exact opposite of what they are accusing us of.

A lot of these small team fans are stuck in the dark ages.

Yes money is ruining the game but should City be abused to the extent that some of the mindless morons in that Barnsley forum have gone to? I'm not so sure.

If they feel this badly about us then how must they feel about the Man City/Chelsea of the world?

Kudos to Schlupp and Wasilewski. Arguably not part of our first choice defence but keeping Moore and Konchesky (can't see him returning right away) out of the side on merit.

Nobody has yet kept Konchesky out of the side on merit.

Went to the Dove Inn and it was a great little footy pub, fair play to them for allowing away fans in without any hassle. Also managed to park in the side street opposite which also provided a very quick escape after the game.

I was also in the Dove, they even had Showaddywaddy on the TV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669