Post Match Barnsley 0 - 3 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
3,455 according to YouTube highlights.
And I think a few of those were in said Dove Inn. Nice pint though.
I too parked just down from the pub in a side street and not too bad getaway if you went via Junction 36.
Problem was on the M1 as junction 33 was closed and just before junction 31 it went down to one lane!!

Anyone else get caught up in the massive traffic jam?
3,455 away fans it reckons on the YouTube highlights. A good turn out and quite a few were in that same pub

We must have timed it just right, got away fairly easily, only problem we had, was traffic joining from the M18. Once that filtered in we kept moving, albeit at 50mph!

Very enjoyable night last night, great win all without getting out of second gear.

A big thank you from me to the people near me in the ground who helped me look for my wallet when it flew out my pocket celebrating the second goal. The woman behind me spotted it wedged between two seats at the end of the game! Whoever you are I'm eternally grateful!

I was baffled by the conversation between Nigel and Stringer about Danny Drinkwater and the media. Would somebody please tell me what that was about.

I was baffled by the conversation between Nigel and Stringer about Danny Drinkwater and the media. Would somebody please tell me what that was about.

Danny simply doesn't talk to the media at all, by his own choice

If we had gone up under Sven I'd understand. But NP has done the exact opposite of what they are accusing us of

That's just not true though is it? NP is spending well above our means in order to get us promoted. Our balance sheet is heavily in the red. Doesn't our wage bill exceed our turnover? If we do meet FFP, it will be because our owners have manipulated the finances in order to do so.

We are very fortunate to have owners prepared to fund our losses, but this doesn't mean we're a wonderfully run club achieving promotion whilst balancing the books.

That's just not true though is it? NP is spending well above our means in order to get us promoted. Our balance sheet is heavily in the red. Doesn't our wage bill exceed our turnover? If we do meet FFP, it will be because our owners have manipulated the finances in order to do so.

We are very fortunate to have owners prepared to fund our losses, but this doesn't mean we're a wonderfully run club achieving promotion whilst balancing the books.

Correct but we've hardly been "big spending" since he came back. Especially when compared to what others are spending on transfer fees alone. I'd say we were typical of a top championship team.

we have got rid of the high earners we dont want but at quite a cost i would have thought. we must have paid off most of their contracts as they would be bigger than their new ones. that will not have helped last years losses.

we are still paying for danns. konch (moreso), sledge, kasper and nuge must be on a fair whack.

that was sven's baggage. pearson has spent on new players but not much more than a million on any single one. and i doubt their salaries are like the sven players. maybe that didnt help dressing room harmony last couple seasons. not sure you can say NP is spending well above our means on what he is responsible for. if we go up, the accounts will be skewed again so we will likely never see the real picture.

Pearson has spent £0

Vardy, James, Delaet, Morgan, Drinky, Knockaert, Mahrez, Wood.

All Pearson signings and most cost 1m+.

Now in fairness, their wages will be manageable and almost all of them are worth considerably more now than when we purchased them.

He was also fortunate that Sven, for all his duff signings, left behind a couple of players of genuine quality. King, Kasper, Dyer, Nugent, Schlupp, and of course Conrad.

Last edited:

Now in fairness, their wages will be manageable and almost all of them are worth considerably more now than when we purchased them.

He was also fortunate that Sven, for all his duff signings, left behind a couple of players of genuine quality. King, Kasper, Dyer, Nugent, Schlupp, and of course Conrad.
I can't be bothered to check, but didn't Sven inherit King, Dyer & Schlupp ( and of course Conrad )?

Yes, only Kasper and Nuge were his own signings from them lot.

Some would argue Konchesky was a good one to leave behind by Sven but a lot of others wouldn't.

I can definitely understand other team's fans having resentment for us though due to our finances as just because the Thai's did they debt for equity swap, we are still a very long way from a self-sustaining business and if we were a dog, we would have been put down a long time ago.

Definitely not complaining but can see where other fans are coming from.

Did the trust not say that pre ffp players wages had been allowed into last seasons costs this warping the figures. I'd imagine that includes us still paying people like Beckford, Mills, Wellens etc

since NP came back:
non free transfers:

knocks: 0.8m
mahrez: 0.5m
de laet: 1.1m
wood: 1.1m
james: 1.1m
vardy: 1.1m
morgan:1m
drinks: 1m
marshall: 1m

out:
bamba, mills, peltier, marshall: 3.7 + beckford undisc

as was stated above - nuge and kasper were only ones listed that were svens legacy

Yes, only Kasper and Nuge were his own signings from them lot.

Some would argue Konchesky was a good one to leave behind by Sven but a lot of others wouldn't.

I can definitely understand other team's fans having resentment for us though due to our finances as just because the Thai's did they debt for equity swap, we are still a very long way from a self-sustaining business and if we were a dog, we would have been put down a long time ago.

Definitely not complaining but can see where other fans are coming from.

I can see why people slate Konchesky but he's been an ever present in this squad and deserves as much credit as the others.

I was under the impression that Knockaert cost 2.5 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669