Post Match Barnsley 2 Leicester City 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can hear in NP's voice that he is on borrowed time. It's actually a little upsetting to hear him like this. **** me.

Felt for him a little bit when he went towards the tunnel at Full-Time. At Oakwell, hardly any stick went Pearson's way and he just didn't want to look at us. Yesterday was one of those performances where you question whether they were playing for the manager or are they just so out of form that they can't wait to get rid of the ball ASAP. Either way, the confidence is gone and once it has; you're ****ed.

The only slight plus of this is all that maybe some fans might realise we are a team full of kids and over-paid players. The craving for names might stop then.

Apparently Ben Marshall swore/said something to the fans when he went to take a corner...

If so, I take back my comments about booing him being disgraceful, and would flip that on to him!

He did after he called various insults for not taking a corner quicker enough. Tit for tat. It was a human reaction to being called something disgusting. Very surprised none of the players kicked off at half-time, our fans just delivered a barrage of insults towards the players.

Anyway fair play to Kasper, Moore and Schlupp. All played of them did very well. Hope Moore and Schlupp are now rewarded with a run of games in their preferred positions; right-back and striker.

Last edited:
Hope Moore and Schlupp are now rewarded with a run of games in their preferred positions; right-back and striker.

Such a shame that they had been completely discarded by the manager up until this point

Such a shame that they had been completely discarded by the manager up until this point

It also highlights the blind panic that Pearson is in.

The only slight plus of this is all that maybe some fans might realise we are a team full of kids and over-paid players. The craving for names might stop then.

Our squad is full of players who were on the fringes or in the reserves at their previous clubs. Very few of them have had a full season in a side and even fewer have featured in a successful one. It's hardly surprising that they cannot handle the pressure.

their performances may have something to do with the fact that they've been away from the squad for most of our collapse.

I agree, they obviously have escaped being dragged into this depressing atmosphere up to now.

Our squad is full of players who were on the fringes or in the reserves at their previous clubs. Very few of them have had a full season in a side and even fewer have featured in a successful one. It's hardly surprising that they cannot handle the pressure.

This illustrates the point I made in other thread - we have no experience to fall back on and that is the manager's fault...
He loans out a defender who scored in The Euros and replaces him with someone from Brentford...

Oh yes Barnsley were also excellent for the first hour. Other than Palace not seen any other team play as well against us. Particularly at such a high tempo. O'Grady was excellent.

Oh yes Barnsley were also excellent for the first hour. Other than Palace not seen any other team play as well against us. Particularly at such a high tempo. O'Grady was excellent.

He can't be, we sold him ages a go and since then we have spent huge amounts on players and probably at least doubled the wage bill.

It helped with us being utter shite for the first hour as well, mind.

It helped with us being utter shite for the first hour as well, mind.

They attacked us far more than the majority of this division has. Sometimes I don't mind giving credit to the opposition if they are willing to take advantage of another team's weaknesses. Something which Leicester fans seem very recultant to do.

Brighton and Boro both drew their games tonight. Watford beat Hull. Watford were probably already out of our reach though really. 3 play-off places to play for still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363