Bid for Fryatt - or is it bull ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this present time I think a fair valuation of Fryatt would be £300k. I really do believe if he stays injury free he will be a good striker for us, the apparent £900k is a good price. I will try and find out from Fryatt's mate, who i work with to ask Fryatt wheter he wants to move or not.

I seriously can't believe this.

Some of you would choose Matty Fryatt over Robbie Fowler?

****ing bizarre!!!

Fowler would rip the fizzy to shreds. ;)

too early to sell the lad for that kind of money... I think we should keep him another season myself and see if he comes good.. we've seen glimpses of greatness.

Not reading all 12 pages so sorry if this is a repeat...

"Meanwhile, Wolves manager Mick McCarthy has had a bid for Leicester forward Matty Fryatt turned down.

Foxes manager Martin Allen said: "We have turned down an offer from Wolverhampton Wanderers for our striker, Matty Fryatt. The offer was nowhere near high enough."

It's on teamtalk in the same thread as the eastwood sale.

i know i cant be arsed to read the threads either! so if it's been said ignore me!

but Martin says "The offer was nowhere near high enough"....this means he's willing to sell Fryatt if it's a higher bid. So Fryatt might not be first choice up front this season then.:102:

On a different striker topic looks like Toddy has gone to Charlton, IMO we must keep Matty unless MA has been told to sell in order to raise funds for an over-priced Mcloud.

On a different striker topic looks like Toddy has gone to Charlton, IMO we must keep Matty unless MA has been told to sell in order to raise funds for an over-priced Mcloud.

Did you not see the thread titled "Todorov to Charlton" ? :icon_wink

Fryatt is not worth De Vries' fee if we're going on stats, but stats are nonsense. Matty Fryatt has the best finish of a forward I have seen in a City shirt in a long time....We just need to maximise this, get him fit and hungry and then we'll start to see a player who could well be worth upwards of a million at least.

Well if all you were doing was throwing out bait to wind me up, then I really won't be entering into this with you again Hazza. I thought you were better than that, and I'm very pissed off that I've been wasting my time discussing it with you when you were now clearly having a laugh at my expense.

Sometimes, I just argue because I get bored and by the end of it, I am talking toss. That's how conversation works - by the end of it you're either treading old ground or speaking gash.

Fryatt is not worth De Vries' fee if we're going on stats, but stats are nonsense. Matty Fryatt has the best finish of a forward I have seen in a City shirt in a long time....We just need to maximise this, get him fit and hungry and then we'll start to see a player who could well be worth upwards of a million at least.

All of that is true. FACT. However football is littered with players like that and personally I would prefer either the fnished article or someone who shows me more than Fryatt does at roughly the same age.
dawn.gif

Totally agree Alex but he doesn't appear to want to play for us. He wanted out last summer to Brum and we said no - he then got the mardies big time. He played all last season like he didn't give a feck. At no point last season did he seem interested in getting fit. That is something that is the players responsibility more than anyone's. He wasn't nicknamed 'Fryup' for nothing.

I recall numerous Walsall fans saying exactly the same thing about him too when he joined us (i.e. lazy, too big for his boots etc).

If MA believes he can get him to fulfill his promise I wouldn't sell him for anything short of £2m now. If he's going to feck about like he did last season, he can go for nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Thank fcuk you are back. Fact! :038:

Great thing is Brown Nose, is MA will not tolerate his bollox.

Last edited:
Great thing is Brown Nose, is MA will not tolerate his bollox.

I know. Therefore, either MA sorts him out, adds Job to what we've got and we go with that. Or, we sign another striker (McLeod probably) and dump Fryatt cos his attitude stinks. Either way is fine by me.

I know. Therefore, either MA sorts him out, adds Job to what we've got and we go with that. Or, we sign another striker (McLeod probably) and dump Fryatt cos his attitude stinks. Either way is fine by me.

'but he's just unfit'..........takes him about a feckin year to even look half fit after his injury last summer. i say get rid, if thats his recover period i'd hate to see if he got a serious injury as we'd have another darren eadie. he hardly set the world on fire since he has been here as well.

bye bye matty

bye bye matty

Whether it's a good thing or not, I wouldn't know.

I suspect that he will prove to be a decent striker - certainly at fizzy league level.

But it's clear from the club's reaction to the alleged Wolves offer that they are encouraging a transfer..... they just want a few quid more given the proportion required to be paid to Walsall.

I just hope that MM is not taking a frees only policy to an extreme level because it begins to look like outgoing transfers are a device to pay the wages of incoming frees. Nothing wrong with that in principle except that we have to be wary of just finishing up with a collection of players that no one else wants or at least won't pay the same wages as Milan.

I'm glad we're keeping hold, would be disappointed to see him leave.

Considering the sell on fee in his deal as well, I would be gutted if we took anything less than £2m for him. I really think he will go on to be an absolute class player for us, given the chance. He's shown touches of brilliance before I feel, his turns and shifts away from defenders, as well as his finishing, are great.

I've not read the other 14 pages, so sorry if I'm just repeating what others are saying ;)

I'm glad we're keeping hold, would be disappointed to see him leave.

Considering the sell on fee in his deal as well, I would be gutted if we took anything less than £2m for him. I really think he will go on to be an absolute class player for us, given the chance. He's shown touches of brilliance before I feel, his turns and shifts away from defenders, as well as his finishing, are great.

I've not read the other 14 pages, so sorry if I'm just repeating what others are saying ;)

how often has he done these things though? a handfull of games at most

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670