Bid for Fryatt - or is it bull ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be nothing short of a tragedy, i have only seem Fryatt play about 5 times but he has clearly got so much talent in his locker. I was really looking forward to him getting a good pre season in and then starting the season fit , motivated and in front of a decent midfield.

He has great control, vision and a really good finish - when was the last time you thought that about a City striker. He just needs a good manager/season to show his worth.

If we sell him i think we will seriously end up regretting it, he is going to become a very very good striker. A far better one than either Job, Cort, Hammond will ever be for us.

If we do sell him (please for no less than 1.5 mil with sell on's) i beleive it is a sign that Milan is trying to balance the books rather than throw the cash at us. Not the way forward we were expecting was it - i hope i am wrong!!!!

how often has he done these things though? a handfull of games at most

Still more often than most of the other shite in our squad. And the quality is still obviously there, just needs someone to work on it being shown more regularly, and in Fryatt's case that will probably involve a lot of work of getting him back to fitness.

And I know it's like a broken record... but Fryatt needs the service that suits him. Henry wouldn't do well with long high balls being pumped up to him either.

Still more often than most of the other shite in our squad. And the quality is still obviously there, just needs someone to work on it being shown more regularly, and in Fryatt's case that will probably involve a lot of work of getting him back to fitness.

And I know it's like a broken record... but Fryatt needs the service that suits him. Henry wouldn't do well with long high balls being pumped up to him either.

Quite right Graz we must be alone in recognising the core skills a striker needs. In the last 2 years the only time you score is if you smack it in from 25+ yards when was the last time a striker was laid on for a simple tap in???? a lot of Hume's goals last year were rockets from distance.

has he though? he's had a few pretty good games, some average, and some feckin shocking games. everyone harps on about fitness but how old is the bloke? if it takes him over a season to get fit he should be put down

Quite right Graz we must be alone in recognising the core skills a striker needs. In the last 2 years the only time you score is if you smack it in from 25+ yards when was the last time a striker was laid on for a simple tap in???? a lot of Hume's goals last year were rockets from distance.

you must be alone in thinking we've only scored from 25+ yards

He must be fairly decent if Wolves actually want him which is why my answer to them would always be no. He has got potential just won't really go on many runs creating chances for himself...get him the right service and I am confident he could do well.

Wolves can go **** themselves.

He must be fairly decent if Wolves actually want him which is why my answer to them would always be no. He has got potential just won't really go on many runs creating chances for himself...get him the right service and I am confident he could do well.

Wolves can go **** themselves.

or maybe wolves are after the potential which we keep talking of? many people criticise our unknown signings as we need proven players, but then kiss matty's feet as he has great potential. whats the beef with that? i think he could be a good player some day but i would not be too gutted if he fecked off as he has hardly been a great servant to the club, or worth his wages to date

I'm glad we're keeping hold, would be disappointed to see him leave.

What makes you say we are keeping hold?

The club's reaction was not one of "We want and intend to keep this player". It was rather that the offer wasn't nearly high enough.

I think anyone in football would regard that as encouragement to put in a higher bid.

I think that Fryatt is being 'marketed' now - I understand that every single professional footballer at every club - without any exception - has his price but I think in this case the indication is that the club want money for a player that they think they can manage without based presumably on Cort and the potential signing of Job - with Hume etc already on the books.

Last edited by a moderator:
The club's reaction was not one of "We want and intend to keep this player".

Exactly. If the club had wanted to demonstrate they wanted to hold on to him they would have come out with the usual statements about not selling our best players, looking to strengthen rather than sell etc. Or they could have just kept quiet and refused to comment about speculation. By commenting on the price they're effectively saying we'll sell if someone offers more.

Last edited:
Now now sarky you know what i mean - our strikers get little service and have to produce most of their (limited) goals themselves.

Or do you support another LCFC???

i kind of get what you mean about some goals being created by the forward himself (hume has done so on occasions) but most have been from crosses or scrambles into the box

I totally agree with the pro Fryatt sentiments expressesd. I would have been much more happy to have heard the simple phrase 'he's not for sale!'

His performances last season I feel were down to an inept middlefield and defence constantly hoofing the ball up into the air to him together with injury and subsequent understandable lack of fitness problems (this icludes Kisnorbo who, whilst he doesn't lack application, does lack the basic skill to pass a ball other than via the clouds). Fryatt WILL in my opinion become a really good player. If he's sold I think it say's more about MM and MA (more the former as I don't think MA has much of a say in anything). The signings so far wreek about trying to do something on the cheap. £7M from sponsorship, possibly trying to claw cash in on a great young assest whilst bringing in doubtful quality and risky free transfers, who lets face, won't have much of a sell on value, what do you read into it? Todorov probably didn't come as he saw the other crap signings he'd have to play alongside!

It's probably just me!

Cheers.

I have my doubts about Fryatt. I wonder if he's gone off his game for more than just injury reasons. In which case a repeat season here, apart from damaging our team, would see his value fall to free transfer status or negligible fee level. I would sell with a good sell-on clause in case he comes good. With the fee of £900,000 and his wages saved I'd rather buy an exciting forward whose career is on the up - rather than someone who is looking like he is on the way down. (And he can take Stearman with him too as far as I am concerned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669