Blackpool Post-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackpool's 11th win in a row.

We missed far too many chances.

Did anybody say "Allen out" yet?

Plain and simple.... we aren't going anywhere again this season. It may be very early in the campaign but the managar is unproven and the money he has spent has been wasted on second tier players. We'll be lucky to see 17th position this season. As for Hume ...send him back to Canada as we have a team over here that is even worse than the Foxes....Toronto FC...at least he may be rewarded over here for his diving.:icon_lol:

aye fair enough,:icon_bigg

that we needed todays game to show us that all of this had started and that we were a new leicester city and that all of the old rubbish had gone, but what we got was apparently a nothing more than our home games last year.
now ok i wasnt at the game and i stand corrected if those that went feel differently,

I was at the game and it was like that for the first 30 mins or so.

Second half was much better and the only contrast with last year would have been the performances against Aston Villa or Fulham.

Today in the second half it seemed to be only a matter of minutes before we would surely score. Last season the opposition could have played without a goalie and we would still never have looked like scoring!

What was all that bollocks he was spouting the other day about how Kenton would 'definitley be in the squad' for today's match after he was so impressive at the last PSF? Liar, liar, pants on fire.

This is not all doom and gloom lads, a humbling home defeat might be just what these band of footballing mercenaries need to bond them a little more. They now know that they can't simply come together and expect results, infact only pulling together and grafting hard will gell them as a team.
I for one am not fussed about today, we created chances and on other days will goals will come. Save the vitriol and panic for the end of August when a true'r picture of our potential (or lack of it) will be clear.

I'm off up to white hart Lane now to see them torching Martin Jols car - got to love football fans!!!

And I believe we are partly responsible for our own despondency. We (including myself) are ultra optimistic before the season begins and have high expectations as all other fans do. We expect a great deal when only a few months ago we were scrapping for survival.

Exactly - I won't be attending any games until late September so I would not presume to comment on the performance.

What I do know is that there has been more pre-season hype since at least the McLintock season. The Mercury has played a big role in talking up prospects and a lot of fans (if this forum is representative - and I'm not sure it is) have been over optimistic. In the main the acquisitions have not been that inspiring although it is obviously difficult for Milan to bring in quality players when the recent record is so poor.

It was always likely that the team would take some matches to gel and so there is no need for any despondency.

However, I will be concerned if there is no further strengthening in the current transfer window because for one thing we are obviously short of decent left sided players.

We have no alternative at present but to support the team and the manager...although, again, I think Martin Allen wants to be careful not to appear someone who 'talks the talk but etc etc'.

They came to do a job and did it well had the run of the ball had the luck and road it.
Very disappointed at our disjointed game and we desperately need a playmaker in midfield to make us tick and I'm sorry but if you're going to play D.V. he's got to have the ball at his feet....... 'cos he cant head a ball to save his life.
But if we are to achieve mid-table status we have to improve enormously

They came to do a job and did it well had the run of the ball had the luck and road it.
Very disappointed at our disjointed game and we desperately need a playmaker in midfield to make us tick and I'm sorry but if you're going to play D.V. he's got to have the ball at his feet....... 'cos he cant head a ball to save his life.

That bad Western - and I know that you'e seen good, bad and ordinary City sides.

I can't get to any games for a few weeks - so I wouldn't make any judgements on standards - but I do know that the pre-season hype has been absurd.

MA knows that but has not yet conveyed it to the rest of the team. ;)

Sheesh -what are you on guys? If it's a local brew it's doing your heads in.
If it's something with a black body and a white head, and a bit stinky, I understand. It's your poison. Who am I to criticise? I leave this to the paranoid.
Today's game was OK and hopeful. Their goal was scored under freaky conditions. Our guys were all too busy shouting for Chambers to be seen to, and furry nuff. The ref was rubbish.
Chill. Please.
I can't bear this stupid and mindless aggro.
Why do it? What's your problem? Get a life. Stop boozing/skunking.
OK?

Last edited:
It's bad to loose at home to a team who many expect to be relegation canditates. We've done this too many times in the last few years but we've got to keep everything in control. It's not like we've been beaten on the opening day 5-0 at home by Bolton (or is it).

Let's wait for another 7 days before we panic like crazy.

some people think we did alright today. some people think we were pretty unlucky today. some people feel unfortunate to be on the end of a one nil loss when we controlled large parts of the game and had a large number of very good chances. Some people are looking to the next game. Some people ay

you forgot............... some people are natural born losers.

If it's something with a black body and a white head, and a bit stinky, I understand. It's your poison. Who am I to criticise? I leave this to the paranoid.
Today's game was OK and hopeful. Their goal was scored under freaky conditions. Our guys were all too busy shouting for Chambers to be seen to, and furry nuff. The ref was rubbish.
Chill. Please.
OK?

I think you must bear in mind that those fans who post regularly, as over 600 of us do, are more likely to be vocal in their opinions. ;)

It's bad to loose at home to a team who many expect to be relegation canditates. We've done this too many times in the last few years but we've got to keep everything in control. It's not like we've been beaten on the opening day 5-0 at home by Bolton (or is it).

Let's wait for another 7 days before we panic like crazy.
I was walking to the station after our game today listening to the conversations going on among the various supporters such as "Dunno where a goal's coming from with those twats up fronts", "the midfield were bullied around", "the ref was an Englishman", "Why was Purse on the bench while we were leaderless" and "What bits of class did Sinclair show then eh?" etc,etc and I turned to my son and said "You know, there are people all over Britain having the exact same conversations, only the names etc are different. And last season at this point so were Sunderland (beaten 1-0 by Brum)".

Judging by your comments I was right about the first part. Can I be right about the last bit too?

Said exactly the same thing outside the pub before the game except that everyone will be saying it's their turn to win something this year.

Chill. Please.
OK?
good evening Innocent, long time no posts, you keeping well?

I'm not impressed.

A game we could quite easily have won, but we lacked the quality, and it seemed the desire, to do so.

Yes we had chances, but we are still leaving the strikers with a lot of work to do. we don't create any golden oppertunities.

The only positive i can think of is that, i don't think that was our strongest team. and the hope of more signings.

very deflated, only listened to it on the radio but it sounded just like "same old same old" all over em but cant score, after all the pre season build up and all the hype and expectation its very very dissapointing to start the season like this especially to a side such as blackpool, ok so they are on an 11 game unbeaten run but there only a mid table side at most. a performance like that AT HOME ON THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON WITH ALL THE EXPECTATION BEHIND THEM has left me gutted.:icon_cry:

Here, Here I totaly agree, same old Leicester

Right then were do i start?!

Henderson- Can't kick the ball, why get a new keeper in if he doesn't start!!! If we want to get promoted get a new GK in

Chambers- Did ok, then he got injured

Mattock- I don't know wheter to feel sorry for the lad. He was by far the most shocking player on the pitch!!

N'Gotty & McAuley- Both looked comfortable

Newton- Why cant he f**king take players on; rather then run sideways at defenders.

Kishi & Clemo- Played ok

Weso- Why the f**k was he playing as a winger

Are problem has been for some time in midfield. Unless we have or get two proper wingers and a creative midfielder, we will like the other 3 seasons, really struggle to get and create chances.

De Vries- For someone so tall, he is so s**t in the air. If we want to get promoted then he should be released or sold asap

Hume- Was as usual; very selfish.

I was impressed with Hayes & DJ when they came on.

We really do need a LB, CM, RM, LM & FC if we really want to have a crack at promotion, i know it was only the first game, but oh my word it was so boring and the quality of footballl was as usual very poor.

Right then were do i start?!

Henderson- Can't kick the ball, why get a new keeper in if he doesn't start!!! If we want to get promoted get a new GK in

Chambers- Did ok, then he got injured

Mattock- I don't know wheter to feel sorry for the lad. He was by far the most shocking player on the pitch!!

N'Gotty & McAuley- Both looked comfortable

Newton- Why cant he f**king take players on; rather then run sideways at defenders.

Kishi & Clemo- Played ok

Weso- Why the f**k was he playing as a winger

Are problem has been for some time in midfield. Unless we have or get two proper wingers and a creative midfielder, we will like the other 3 seasons, really struggle to get and create chances.

De Vries- For someone so tall, he is so s**t in the air. If we want to get promoted then he should be released or sold asap

Hume- Was as usual; very selfish.

I was impressed with Hayes & DJ when they came on.

We really do need a LB, CM, RM, LM & FC if we really want to have a crack at promotion, i know it was only the first game, but oh my word it was so boring and the quality of footballl was as usual very poor.
Totally agreed accept De Vries i thought he played well, was great in the air flicking the ball on etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669