Blackpool Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We didn't turn up for 45 minutes and I'm absolutely fuming," he said.

"I'm sick and tired that we take one step forward and then two back.

"We need to get back-to-back wins and we haven't done that all season, which is a disgrace for a club the size of ours and the players I've actually got here.

"I'm expecting this lot to be stronger than that because away from home at the moment we look weak.

"We could have climbed up the division today but we've dropped back and we've got to realise that we're in a right scrap."

Holloway's words,at least he isn't offering feeble excuses and 'we are where we are'

:038::038::038::038: well said Ollie now sort them out

no shit sherlock, its his fecking job to sort it. its all well and good stating the obvious after games but perhaps its a little late by then

I would much sooner have the honesty from our manager than the drivel you got from previous regimes after a dismal game. I applaud him for criticising the players, they deserve it. There is only so much a manager can do, and once the players step across the white line they have take more responsibilty.
Keep going Ollie you havent done much wrong imo so far.

I would much sooner have the honesty from our manager than the drivel you got from previous regimes after a dismal game. I applaud him for criticising the players, they deserve it. There is only so much a manager can do, and once the players step across the white line they have take more responsibilty.

he has given up on his making everyone feel loved theory i assume, cort was ****in shit and we got criticised for having a go at him......and then he says stuff like that? seemingly he is allowed to get frustrated but not the fans who pay, ****

I can see that Holloway has the sort of persona that will make him popular and I can also appreciate that he inherited a dog's dinner of a squad and it was necessary to bring in fresh faces in the transfer window, but.....as we look at the league table I don't see any obvious difference in our standing whether under Levein, Kelly, Allen, Megson or Holloway.

I may be missing something of course.

he has given up on his making everyone feel loved theory i assume, cort was ****in shit and we got criticised for having a go at him......and then he says stuff like that? seemingly he is allowed to get frustrated but not the fans who pay, ****

So would you be happy if he said 'well played lads'. I wouldnt because i dont like lies and bullshit from our manager. Praise where its due and likewise criticism .

Carrot and stick theory always a good business acumen.

So would you be happy if he said 'well played lads'. I wouldnt because i dont like lies and bullshit from our manager. Praise where its due and likewise criticism .

how about he doesn't criticise the fans for voicing their anger, unless he is willing to keep his mouth shut when he feels the same?

He was criticising fans for booing during the match, not after it.

Last edited:

Personally, I prefer honest to the point reactions from managers.

However, I think we have reached the point where whether it's honesty or bullsh.t It makes no odds.

I never expected any vast improvement post the transfer window, but I did and do think that the changes might just make sufficient difference in avoiding a serious dog fight.

Unfortunately, I remain sceptical as to whether we will see a great deal of difference come next season. We seem to be in a very deep rut and it's going to take a lot to change things round.

It wasnt a 'theory', it was an accurate and honest 'jibe' (if you like) at our fickle fans when they booed a player who was unfit, yet had to play for Leicester in a shite period for the club.

This time he is annoyed at how a fully-fit decent team lost to fecking Blackpool where atleast a point could have been predicted on the basis of the players we have, and possibly recent results.

It wasnt a 'theory', it was an accurate and honest 'jibe' (if you like) at our fickle fans when they booed a player who was unfit, yet had to play for Leicester in a shite period for the club.

This time he is annoyed at how a fully-fit decent team lost to fecking Blackpool where atleast a point could have been predicted on the basis of the players we have, and possibly recent results.

nail hits the head comes to mind :icon_wink

I can see that Holloway has the sort of persona that will make him popular and I can also appreciate that he inherited a dog's dinner of a squad and it was necessary to bring in fresh faces in the transfer window, but.....as we look at the league table I don't see any obvious difference in our standing whether under Levein, Kelly, Allen, Megson or Holloway.

I may be missing something of course.

The result today was a downer. If they had won then what a difference the feeling would be regarding a change in fortune. Approaching half way in the lge and only 8pts behind the play-offs. I would suggest the play-off thread would have taken a big hammering had we got the result today. In summary we are still in a dogfight and looking over our shoulders, but as always the complete over reaction to a disappointing game wins the day.
Its not to say it will work out but i have more confidence in the current manager than any of those you have mentioned. Maybe i'm deluded by his management style, but i'm happy to be the sucker that believes his positivety will come good and turn the club around. We have done the lets get rid of the manager too many times, for the good of the club give Ollie a chance and lets see if he can continue to develop a team. I challenge anyone to say that they would sooner have the team that Ollie started with to the one we have now. Forget this season lets just survive it, and then we will see what this manager can do for the club next season. I fully hope and expect this to be our last season of real struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00