Post Match Bournemouth 4 (FOUR) Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well **** me.

Let’s have it right. This is the most cowardly side I’ve seen play for us. I’ve seen many worse. Much worse. But the mentality of this lot disgusts me.

This isn’t new. I saw the first signs of a bit if laziness creeping in during the home game against Everton before Christmas. The late goal and VAR furore papered over a lot of cracks that day. We beat Villa and Watford after that, but even in thise games - one of which we won 4-1 - there were warning signs.

I’ve heard some say the Liverpool/Man City games around Christmas are what have done for us, psychologically. I disagree. Those games weren’t the cause. They were symptoms of what we were becoming. It was before those games that we stopped pressing, stopped being aggressive with our passing. It’s just that those were the first teams good enough to expose our cowardice and show others the way.

Against bigger clubs this season, we’ve been terrified. Against smaller clubs we’ve been arrogant, and then terrified when we’ve seen them have a go at us. This isn’t about technical ability. I’m not even sure it’s about application. It’s about strength of mind and we don’t have any.

I’m angry now but I honestly would put this up there with Wycombe in the cup, 0-5 versus Bolton in our first game of the relegation season, the home match against Sheff Wed which more or less confirmed our drop to the third tier. All games which told us something more than just the game in isolation.

I’m afraid to say it tells me that the Rodgers project can’t work. This is a really quick change of heart from me. I’ve never even considered his worthiness for the sack until now. So maybe it’s just the emotion of the moment. Because I like a lot of what he believes in. I want to watch an attractive team, full of pressing, movement and attacking intent. I want to watch the City of the first part of the season.

But the truth is that’s long gone and however well we might do now in future seasons under him I’ll never again have faith that he can keep it going. He has failed to get the basics right. We’ve got less organised and have become weaker, mentally, as a unit as the campaign has progressed. I can’t excuse that. I can’t excuse losing a 15 point lead over 5th since early January.

I might think differently after I sleep on it but right now he can **** off and we can appoint some sort of footballing bastard just to scare the players. We could do worse than Nigel Pearson, frankly. And I’ve never wanted him back after the last time. What do I care if it makes us worse? I’ve seen us win the league. At least I’d be watching a side with bollocks.

absolutely spot on. The mental approach has been rank. We are now the absolute antithesis of what the club is famous for.

weak-minded, arrogant, deferential, toothless.

A 4-1 hammering might not be a bad thing to all of them. Time to wake up and realise who you are and what you need to do to consistently challenge at the top.

Not before Congerton recruits a load of dross.

Trevor Benjamin and Dennis Wise.

That's a very good point. In our weakness, we even allowed BR to appoint his own pal as the head of recruitment despite his abysmal record with previous clubs.

You have to wonder about Top and the leadership of the club at the moment. Who is there to ask the tough questions and hand out some ultimatums?

A 4-1 hammering might not be a bad thing to all of them. Time to wake up and realise who you are and what you need to do to consistently challenge at the top.

No chance, if we had any bollocks we would have responded after their equaliser.

No more points this season and we'll finish below Wolves.

Agree. 59 is our points total. So its a case of if wolves and sheff utd surpass it, and if Man City CAS hearing is upheld.
This particular side deserves the europa league though, not the champs league. Wolves would be way better in that comp than us.

Honest comments from Kasper, was taking responsibility but also said that player didn't have enough courage in the second half.

Brendan agreed we lost courage, weren't taking responsibility. Disappointed and surprised (really Brendan?) with our mentality. Needed to react better at 2-1.

Talk is cheap though, let's see what we do.

BR:

"We lacked courage second half. We had to grind it out second half but we weren't taking responsibility on the ball. Surprised me about our mentality. Second half we were too soft and losing 4-1 was a surprise".

BR:

"We lacked courage second half. We had to grind it out second half but we weren't taking responsibility on the ball. Surprised me about our mentality. Second half we were too soft and losing 4-1 was a surprise".

Those comments lack courage.

Nothing we saw today was too surprising. More a culmination.

Just imagine the abuse Chilwell would have got if it was him that gave the ball away like Fuchs for the 4th....

Not watching another one this season. Fuming.

That's exactly the way I feel at the moment. Sheff U will batter the shit out of us and Man U tear us apart. And I ****ing hate losing to Spurs.

Tonight was a chance to establish a bit of form, build some confidence and hopefully keep apace with the league position scrap. We've chucked it all away in the most humiliating of fashions in the space of 45 minutes. I cannot put myself through more of it.

What does he mean ‘we had to grind it out’?

That just sums up the attitude, for me. We were 1-0 up against a side in abysmal form and looked comfortable, if not particularly polished. If we’d shown some bollocks instead of deciding the answer was to ‘grind it out’ we could be beating them 3 or 4.

That's exactly the way I feel at the moment. Sheff U will batter the shit out of us and Man U tear us apart. And I ****ing hate losing to Spurs.

Tonight was a chance to establish a bit of form, build some confidence and hopefully keep apace with the league position scrap. We've chucked it all away in the most humiliating of fashions in the space of 45 minutes. I cannot put myself through more of it.

A win tonight and we’d have been just about there. Chelsea have tough fixtures and I’d have had us as favourites to beat them to 4th.

I’m now worried about the CAS verdict tomorrow. If Man City aren’t in Europe next season (I don’t believe Cheeseman) then we’ll probably squeeze in ourselves. That would paper over an awful lot of cracks and I’d fear humiliation in Europe and a relegation fight next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566