Post Match Brighton 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree about City too. Mills is a horrible, dirty footballer, Wellens is a diving cheat, Howard's only skill is throwing his elbows about, Danns can't help making two-footed lunges... But we were nowhere near as dirty as them yesterday.

Absolutely. I'd also add Konchesky, who is almost as dirty as Mills and Dyer who is nearly as bad as Wellens at diving.

Let us not forget about Tarricio or however it is spelled.

Easily the dirtiest, nastiest, most vile git of a footballer I've ever seen. Part of the coaching setup and playing staff at Brighton.

If they were as nasty as it seems, with him involved with the club it is no surprise.

Easily the dirtiest, nastiest, most vile git of a footballer I've ever seen. Part of the coaching setup and playing staff at Brighton.

If they were as nasty as it seems, with him involved with the club it is no surprise.

Not based on one game, MA. They have the worst disciplinary record in the country by an absolute mile.

66 yellow cards and 6 reds in 29 league matches. Whereas we are the only club in the country to have gotten 7 red cards this season. Both Brighton and Leicester deserve to be getting hefty fines for their very poor disciplinary records this season.

Instead of spouting bollox why not discuss the match ?

There was some good football on display yesterday by two good footballing teams. The game only lacked more goal chances for it to be a cracker.
If Leicester want to crank up the dirty side of football then you have most certainly picked on the wrong team to do it against.

As for Beckford i saw the incident which makes a change for me. Both players challenged for the ball and Dunk went down on all fours. I was watching to see if he would get to his feet ok when Beckford walked over to him. From what i saw Beckord gave him a nudge/push as if to say get up. No idea what was said though and it wasn't a sending off let alone a booking. If you notice Dunk got up straight away and went back into his defensive duties WITHOUT MOANING OR ROLLING ABOUT ON THE FLOOR.
Remember the lino saw it and got Beckford sent off and not the ref.
Infact the ref had a good game and every card and sending off was right. Most of our bookings were for....taking one for the team as they say.

The reason the Brighton fans reckon we are dirty cos in about the 10th minute, Drinkwater decide to push away their left back as he already had enough of his attempts at playing the man as opposed to the ball. El-Adb has got to be the most severely restricted footballer I have seen at this level. Belongs in a wrestling ring.
Agree about El-Abd but he has been played out of position these last few games. Hes so much better as a CB and no where else.

There was some good football on display yesterday by two good footballing teams. The game only lacked more goal chances for it to be a cracker.
If Leicester want to crank up the dirty side of football then you have most certainly picked on the wrong team to do it against.

As for Beckford i saw the incident which makes a change for me. Both players challenged for the ball and Dunk went down on all fours. I was watching to see if he would get to his feet ok when Beckford walked over to him. From what i saw Beckord gave him a nudge/push as if to say get up. No idea what was said though and it wasn't a sending off let alone a booking. If you notice Dunk got up straight away and went back into his defensive duties WITHOUT MOANING OR ROLLING ABOUT ON THE FLOOR.
Infact the ref had a good game and every card and sending off was right. Most of our bookings were for....taking one for the team as they say.

So basically you admit you are a nasty, cheating team?

So basically you admit you are a nasty, cheating team?
I call it competing. We won't be bullied by other teams.

Think that's what you mean.

I call it competing. We won't be bullied by other teams.

Think that's what you mean.

No, I tend to say what I mean. Taking a booking for the team is not competing any more than diving is. I have no problem with teams being strong, I wish we were more so some times, but cheating and gamesmanship shouldn't be applauded, even for your own team.

Let's forget about Brighton - NP needs to sort out our own disciplinary situation which frankly wasn't helped by his own incident last Wednesday night. I'm all for Leicester being more physical and taking on the likes of Brighton but we seem to get more players sent off unnecessarily than other clubs- and that is extremely wasteful. We seem to have a bad rapport with a number of referees. I don't care whether this is fair or unfair - it just isn't helpful and needs sorting.

:102:

Am I the only one who doesn't think we are any dirtier than any other team in the championship ?

no

EDIT - mind you the facts probably suggest otherwise. I do think we have bore the brunt of some dodgey decisions lately, but there is room for improvement where our discipline is concerned. Particularly when picking up bookings for silly things like arguing...

Last edited:
no

EDIT - mind you the facts probably suggest otherwise. I do think we have bore the brunt of some dodgey decisions lately, but there is room for improvement where our discipline is concerned. Particularly when picking up bookings for silly things like arguing...

I think 'lately' is a bit too short of a time period, we've had some awful decisions for the majority of the season, Kasper's at Forest springs to mind who was sent off for throwing the ball back to the half way line.. Not only with disciplinary decisions have we been unlucky, it is other decisions too, Mills' handball at Forest is one.

I'd like to think that over the course of the season 'wrong' decisions even out, but I can't say that about this one, we've had so many awful decisions that I would argue have cost us a lot of points this season. I know every team can moan about decisions and it isn't good enough to excuse our p**s poor league position, considering the amount of money we've spent, but we really do get a lot of poor decisions.

That being said you can't condone flying recklessly into challenges which deserve a sending off, but I feel that crucial decisions in games, have gone against us on a lot of occasions.

I think 'lately' is a bit too short of a time period, we've had some awful decisions for the majority of the season, Kasper's at Forest springs to mind who was sent off for throwing the ball back to the half way line.. Not only with disciplinary decisions have we been unlucky, it is other decisions too, Mills' handball at Forest is one.

I'd like to think that over the course of the season 'wrong' decisions even out, but I can't say that about this one, we've had so many awful decisions that I would argue have cost us a lot of points this season. I know every team can moan about decisions and it isn't good enough to excuse our p**s poor league position, considering the amount of money we've spent, but we really do get a lot of poor decisions.

That being said you can't condone flying recklessly into challenges which deserve a sending off, but I feel that crucial decisions in games, have gone against us on a lot of occasions.

Always a lot easier to pick out the ones that go against you than for you though.

We were lucky Konchesky didn't get sent off against Swindon...

Last edited:
...Kasper's at Forest springs to mind who was sent off for throwing the ball back to the half way line..

He was booked for that. He was a twat to get himself booked twice in such a short time.

He was booked for that. He was a twat to get himself booked twice in such a short time.

Yes he was. I can remember the sitting there watching FLS when the commentator on the football league show went 'Oh Schmeichel's threw the ball into the stands there', which was absolutely nothing like what happened which says it all really that it was a poor decision. If you can get a yellow for throwing the ball back to where it needs to be for the restart of the game then I obviously know very little about the rules.

Yes he was. I can remember the sitting there watching FLS when the commentator on the football league show went 'Oh Schmeichel's threw the ball into the stands there', which was absolutely nothing like what happened which says it all really that it was a poor decision. If you can get a yellow for throwing the ball back to where it needs to be for the restart of the game then I obviously know very little about the rules.
How many times since then have you seen a player (of any team), having conceded a goal hoof the ball away and not even get spoken to.
If you watch FLS weekly, you will see it on a regular basis.
As for Kasper's first booking, the ref showed it to KS' back and he didn't know he'd been booked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669