Burnley 3-0 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thing - I'm sure we all hopes things turn for us.
Second - Does anyone that was there yesterday realise that we are close to a win?
Depends how you view things-if you think having a decent opportunity in the first minute, wasting it, then creating **** all afterwards is in with a chance with winning, then yeah we were...

From skysports.com - Paulo says "They (fans) need to keep belief. If they reflect a bit, they will realise we are close to a win. I hopes things turn for us - soon."

First thing - I'm sure we all hopes things turn for us.
Second - Does anyone that was there yesterday realise that we are close to a win?

Blimey if the solution is to hope things change for us it's going to be a very long season.

... doomed! Doomed! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, we know. But this thread is supposed to be about Leicester City, not Blue Maniac's performances in the Prediction League.

Obviously our results are very worrying. We may only be a win away from turning things around though. We have money to spend and will need time to get the squad adjusted to a new way of playing. I think we should see how we are playing after half a dozen games.

The Burnley result and performance has got me worried though.

I missed the Boro game but my son who went in my place said we played amazing great football. So why did the wheels come off at Burnley? What was the difference?

I missed the Boro game but my son who went in my place said we played amazing great football. So why did the wheels come off at Burnley? What was the difference?

Difference? We were average against Boro and actually played a side with some quality on Saturday. The turning point of the game was a stroke of luck and the players looked completely devoid of an idea what to do next.

People will quite rightly say that I'm being absurdly premature in this view, but here goes:

I don't think that you can change the players we have into a team that plays 'continental' football and expect to be successful in this division.

I think that Sousa is being self-indulgent in promoting the idea that he is going to bring success on this basis - he's more likely to get us relegated than promoted.

Based on the pattern of acquisitions to-date, I don't think that he is going to be funded to make any 'big' signings. If he means what he says about changing the style of play then that would suggest that he would be more likely to bring in players from abroad - rather than the 'been there, done it before' players who understand what it needs to grind out the points in a very physical league.

If we're not careful we could get into a pattern of playing pretty football at home when most teams will sit back and allow us to knock the ball around in our the non-threatening areas- and get muscled out of it in away games

If you look at the facts rather than the rhetoric. Tickets were sold for this season on the basis of Pearson building on the near success of last season - and with promised support to strengthen the squad. In fact, Pearson left and the squad is weaker than last season. Milan had been meeting the funding gap - and needed an exit route. He's achieved that and good luck to him - and now we have owners from the otherside of the world who are likely to take a hard nosed view of throwing amounts of limited earmarked resources at a losing team.

I'm guessing that this is the way things will go - and could be absolutely wrong - but I think we are embarking on yet another roller-coaster phase with the emphasis on the downward.

People will quite rightly say that I'm being absurdly premature in this view, but here goes:

I don't think that you can change the players we have into a team that plays 'continental' football and expect to be successful in this division.

I think that Sousa is being self-indulgent in promoting the idea that he is going to bring success on this basis - he's more likely to get us relegated than promoted.

Based on the pattern of acquisitions to-date, I don't think that he is going to be funded to make any 'big' signings. If he means what he says about changing the style of play then that would suggest that he would be more likely to bring in players from abroad - rather than the 'been there, done it before' players who understand what it needs to grind out the points in a very physical league.

If we're not careful we could get into a pattern of playing pretty football at home when most teams will sit back and allow us to knock the ball around in our the non-threatening areas- and get muscled out of it in away games

If you look at the facts rather than the rhetoric. Tickets were sold for this season on the basis of Pearson building on the near success of last season - and with promised support to strengthen the squad. In fact, Pearson left and the squad is weaker than last season. Milan had been meeting the funding gap - and needed an exit route. He's achieved that and good luck to him - and now we have owners from the otherside of the world who are likely to take a hard nosed view of throwing amounts of limited earmarked resources at a losing team.

I'm guessing that this is the way things will go - and could be absolutely wrong - but I think we are embarking on yet another roller-coaster phase with the emphasis on the downward.

For gawds Sake we lost a game of football! Burnley were in the Premiership last season and their resuolts at home were quite good they beat Manure 1-0.
We have gone from manmarking at set pieces and corners to zonal marking. Okay, this maybe not ideal but in any team this will take time to adapt to. Burnley are not a bad side and they will get promoted back to the Prem this season.
It will come good I have belief. It will take awhile and it won;t happen overnight but we are not relegation candidates in this league and we will finish in the top half of the table!

So we only looked good against Boro coz they wuz crap?

With the exception of Waghorn and Brown we are the same team as last season plus a few more, yet we are playing worse than last season?

That's as near to my opinion as makes no difference. I don't see it as premature to point out the signs that are already clearly present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669