Capello resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capello gone

Resigned

Re: Capello gone

Beat me by 2 seconds.

Can't blame him really. Really do not want Redknapp to take over. I wonder if o'neil is regretting taking the job at Sunderland.

Last edited:
Re: Capello resigned

Never mind Eh

Sven's still looking for a job

Didn't see that coming. Will Redknapp want it right away? I imagine he'll want to see the season out with Spurs. Hiddink for Euro 2012 would be lovely.

Re: Capello gone

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/2012/080212.aspx

The Football Association can confirm that Fabio Capello has today resigned as England Manager.

This follows a meeting involving FA Chairman David Bernstein, FA General Secretary Alex Horne and Fabio Capello at Wembley Stadium.

The discussions focused on The FA Board’s decision to remove the England team captaincy from John Terry, and Fabio Capello’s response through an Italian broadcast interview.

In a meeting for over an hour, Fabio’s resignation was accepted and he will leave the post of England Manager with immediate effect.

David Bernstein said: “I would like to stress that during today’s meeting and throughout his time as England Manager, Fabio has conducted himself in an extremely professional manner. We have accepted Fabio’s resignation, agreeing this is the right decision. We would like to thank Fabio for his work with the England team and wish him every success in the future.”

A media conference with David Bernstein and the Club England Management team will take place at Wembley on Thursday at 12 noon.

The FA will not be making any further comment until the media conference.

Shows poor judgment to basically go to the wall defending a certified wanker like Terry. There you go.

I think it's a good thing in the end.

The media have got what they wanted. Again.

Not sure I follow.

Most of the media in this country have wanted Capello out since the day he was appointed. The way this Terry incident has been sensationalised there was only going to be one outcome.

Most of the media in this country have wanted Capello out since the day he was appointed. The way this Terry incident has been sensationalised there was only going to be one outcome.

Gotcha. Well, he's not been very good anyway.

That said, it is a nearly impossible job to have any success in.

Best thing that has happened for England in a long time!! I actually think we now have a better chance at the Euros without Capello whoever replaces him though I really hope it isn't 'arry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669