Cardiff City - Play-off semi-final 2nd leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly are you on about?

As if any of us are interested in his perfectly formed bulge as it gives a tantalising little wobble everytime he kicks the ball or those muscular legs carry him to and fro.....

I predicted that Cardiff would win yesterday. I predicted that Whittingham would score from a free kick. I also predicted that Fryatt would miss a sitter. 'Tis in some thread somewhere.

Looking forward to Wednesday, I think we have to play it tight. To conceed the first goal would be pretty much do for us. So we must pick a solid line up. We should also look to exploit the Cardiff weakness - namely, defensively they crumble against unorthodox attackers. So we must play those who can deliver this. I'd go with the following:

Weale
Morrison Bruce Hobbs Berner
Spearing King Wellens
N'Guessan Howard Kermogant

Subs: Logan, Solano, Oakley, Vaughan/Gallagher, Dyer, Brown/McGivern, Waghorn

Fryatt must be nowhere near the team. He's miles away in terms of confidence and hasn't scored since boxing day.

Last edited:
Not at all. Just dealing with illness, among other things. Catch-up will be done as soon as possible :icon_wink

Well stop being so selfish, i was about to waste half an hour at work reading it. Imagine my dissapointment when i find out you have neglected it. :icon_wink

Well stop being so selfish, i was about to waste half an hour at work reading it. Imagine my dissapointment when i find out you have neglected it. :icon_wink

This isn't the first complaint. In fact, I've had more complaints than I thought I had readers. I'll get it done :icon_conf

Anyone watching the match down the boozer? If so which one?
Iam thinking about going to the counting house, is the 1884 going to be open?

A lot of people seem to be saying that Gallagher shouldn't play. I thiought he has a good game on Sunday and think we need him in the team. In my opinion, the problem with Gallagher is the fact that he is never played up-front or in an out-and-out attacking role. Get hi in the box and near the goal and he is a threat.

A lot of people seem to be saying that Gallagher shouldn't play. I thiought he has a good game on Sunday and think we need him in the team. In my opinion, the problem with Gallagher is the fact that he is never played up-front or in an out-and-out attacking role. Get hi in the box and near the goal and he is a threat.

I thought he had a pretty poor game on Saturday, in part because he slowed down a lot of potential breaks. But he should play on Wednesday because of his real ability - that he can sometimes spot a pass through a packed defense in a way which almost no-one else can.

Anyone watching the match down the boozer? If so which one?
Iam thinking about going to the counting house, is the 1884 going to be open?

I was going to ask about this. I was going to go to The New Road Inn, but I wonder if lots of pubs will be showing the Europe League final instead. Do people know if that's likely?

Well that's good then. I genuinely didn't know how it worked. I've only watched a football match in a pub once before in my life :icon_redf

I thought he had a pretty poor game on Saturday, in part because he slowed down a lot of potential breaks. But he should play on Wednesday because of his real ability - that he can sometimes spot a pass through a packed defense in a way which almost no-one else can.

He was not at his best on Sunday, but you can say that about a lot of them. Agree with what you have said about him, but you can also add his free kick and dead ball threat, Nobby should be nowhere near them Wednesday.

I think Gallagher is a quality player but I would class him as a 'luxury' player. I think Cardiff are gonig to try and finish us off early on, In my opinion we need to turn it in to a real scrap. Bring in N'Guessan and Howard. Hopefully we can keep it tight and use Gallagher in the later stages as players start to get tired.

I know my idea was radical, but let's face it, the last couple of games when he has come on for the last 15 minutes he hasn't done feck all.

I reckon if he starts he may start to provide something after the first 15 minutes to get into his stride!

your logic here that he hasn't done anything in the last couple of 15 minute sub appearances...so therefore play the full 90 and he will be good?

:)

Gamblers' fallacy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamblers_fallacy

Weale

Morrison (if fit)
Hobbs
Bruce
Berner

Spearing
King
Wellens
Dyer