Carl Cort Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do people say things like this. we would get on a lot better with our managers if we demanded they earnt our respect and trust rather than hero worshipping them when they arrive and then being disappointed with the result.

Indeed,I'm keeping an open mind with MA but I won't be praising him because he's a bit of a 'geezer' and supposedly writes his own articles on the OS.I'll judge him when I see his side play but like I said earlier so far I find his signings a little on the drab,uninspiring side:102: You may get one or two decent plyers for nothing but not a whole fecking side

Cort is a decent signing at best, nothing for us to get excited about. 'Major transfer coup' my arse.

Not having a go at him Alex, I think he is a fair signing, but not the goal scorer we (and most other teams) have been crying out for.

I think his role will be to make an impact from the bench at first, if he proves a sucess who knows.

He playerd for Wolves in this League ans was clearly not good enough,I'm struggling to see why he will now bang 20-25 goals for us this season:102:

Chairman Milan Mandaric said he was equally pleased with the capture.

He added: "I am delighted that we have attracted a player of Carl's calibre to the club.

"He met the sole criteria of what this club is all about."

Aye - he's feckin' free, and no other fecker would touch him with a feckin' bargepole

So far we have signed players that would be great, if we were MK Dons.

I'm a bit shocked that Cort is being refered to as a major signing, this is an indication that he is as good as it gets.

I'm not impressed!

At last we have an announcement - I was beginning to get some stick over that one. Waiting for the next few and MA is at the stadium now......

Your teasing us enough as it is with your avatar without making comments like that!!

Who are the few RN? ;) Holland? :102:

At last we have an announcement - I was beginning to get some stick over that one. Waiting for the next few and MA is at the stadium now......

My sincere appoligies for doubting your inside knowledge RN :icon_redf :icon_bigg :icon_wink

Well every striker goes through a bit of a rough spell, not scoring in 7 starts, one of which he was replaced, and 3 sub appearances is nothing out of the ordinary for a striker. :102:

Just to clear this up for all the pedants out there, I'm not saying that he is going to be the dogs bollox and is the greatest signing we have ever made, just that he is worth the gamble on a free transfer. Who else could we have signed for nowt instead of Cort?

I don't know whether he's any good or not, I'm just arguing with the one goal every three games stat several people have quoted. His record over the last 18 months suggests he's not the player he was. Also I'm sure he would have received a signing on fee and will be on decent wages. I'd rather spend the money on up and coming youngsters than someone who may turn out to be another Nathan Blake.
We've gone down the road of signing ageing average players under MA1, and it didn't work. If we're going to sign ageing players they should be proven top class players, not the likes of Cort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669