Champions League

5 of the teams that signed up for the Super league have failed to reach the knockout stages of the Champions league and 2 more are yet to qualify and could well miss out

5 of the teams that signed up for the Super league have failed to reach the knockout stages of the Champions league and 2 more are yet to qualify and could well miss out
Good. Unfortunately it’ll probably only make them more determined to push on with it.

I'm genuinely surprised by the level of interest in the Champions League from non-competing clubs.

I have no idea what is happening in it this year and I couldn't give a shit. Why do you care?

I'm genuinely surprised by the level of interest in the Champions League from non-competing clubs.

I have no idea what is happening in it this year and I couldn't give a shit. Why do you care?
I play in a pool league on a Tuesday night, so it’s normally on in whatever pub we’re at. Other than that, I wouldn’t watch it. I still find the Super League concept of interest, as it will directly affect us and the rest of English football, should it come in.

I had a look at the league tables for it this morning, as I read Barcelona, Atletico and Juventus were all out, so it intrigued me. Before looking I couldn’t have told you who was where.

Because I like football?
For me, there's too much football on TV and so I end up rarely watching much of it.

It's a bit like an MLB regular season being 162 games long, or 82 games in the NBA. I'll keep a rough eye on them, but really only watch the playoffs. It's also why NFL and college football are much more appealing to me, shorter regular seasons mean that each game means so much more.

I haven’t watched any of the Champions League this season. I’m a bit bored of football nowadays, plus having it on BT is a pain in the arse.

Because I like football?

Same here

I have no vested interest in the EFL, and definitely not the SPL, but I'll watch matches on the box every now and then. I'll watch Coalville sometimes, and even stop to watch a grassroots game if I happen to be passing one - with no idea whatsoever of who is actually playing

Bit odd to be a football fan and not actually watch football

The standard of football is even higher quality than the PL imo and the Goals Show on BT is a great way to keep in touch with all of the games/goals in one go.

If you're a football fan, you're missing out not watching it.

Same as you will do for the World Cup.

I'll watch CL games where there's a team I'd like to beat the other. Too many I don't care about either team so only glance at the screen when there's a goal. Similar appeal as wolves vs Burnley.

I don’t follow but I do enjoy hearing of scab clubs getting embarrassed. Barcelona not getting out of their group two years in a row, yes please.

The standard of football is even higher quality than the PL imo and the Goals Show on BT is a great way to keep in touch with all of the games/goals in one go.

If you're a football fan, you're missing out not watching it.

Same as you will do for the World Cup.
I always watch World Cups and Euros for this reason, but the clubs in the european competitions are all actively undermining both international competition and the domestic competition the club I follow are in - **** them, **** their competitions

The moment the scab clubs tried to set up a super league I lost any remaining interest in this competition.

Just a general awareness of what is going on at Barcelona is enough surely to withdraw interest from these clubs. Watching it means you're supporting it.

**** 'em. There's plenty of other football out there.

How could you not enjoy watching PSV rip the gooners a new arsehole?

This second half has been simply superb

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756