Ched Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. Whether you like it or not, there is a movement (probably mainly just on the internet, naturally) of people calling themselves feminists whose hatred of men is comparable to the Nazi Party's hatred of Jews or Islamic State's hatred of liberal democracy. These kinds of people don't want their struggle to end because they love their struggle. Whatever the reality may be they will carry on hating men, because that's their main purpose in life.

I see your point. This is a tweet from the self proclaimed "radical feminist" who started the petition against Ched Evans signing for Oldham:

User Actions
Follow

Jean Hatchet‏@JeanHatchet
Women. If you thought till now it was all ok -you've just been shown - women don't matter. Find a local feminist group. Join it. #ChedEvans

The world cares more for rape than murder? Militant feminists driving the agenda?

****ing ridiculous. Put down your copy of the Express and a word with yourself.

The world cares more for rape than murder? Militant feminists driving the agenda?

If you compare the cases of Lee Hughes and Ched Evens in isolation he may well have a point.

The British public are more interested in high profile sex crimes (alleged of or convicted) than high profile killing such as Luke McCormick and Lee Hughes.

The British public are more interested in high profile sex crimes (alleged of or convicted) than high profile killing such as Luke McCormick and Lee Hughes.

I really wish you would stop using the terms 'British public' and 'British society'. As I stated before, I am a member of both sections and do NOT agree with you.

If you compare the cases of Lee Hughes and Ched Evens in isolation he may well have a point.

And if I compare the amount of interest shown in my being over-charged at the One Stop last night with the murders in France then it proves the media is more focussed on the latter.

I'm not sure what either proves.

I know it doesn't prove that British society is more fixated by rape than murder - the entire concept is laughably weak.

Indeed, the argument that the british public is more fixated on one over the other is not the argument to make.

Possible that the male dominated world of football however is more fixated with rape over murder due to the nature of the crime, it also seems that football is on trial due to the law being an ass.

Maybe the people putting their efforts into petitioning football clubs for abiding by the law could put it to use in campaigning for real sentences for rapists?

So some people have become criminals themselves in order to stop a previous law breaker getting a job?

Let's hope the police find out who the threats were made by and the culprits lose their employment, if they actually have a job.

This is the mentality I'm referring to: look at the first letter on this page.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/06/ched-evans-witch-hunt-victim-or-high-risk-offender

I know exactly what 'mentality' you are referring to, it's a logical fallacy. Moreover, we aren't discussing hitting taxi drivers.

Do you not remember the uproar regarding Lee Hughes' reintroduction to the game or is it a matter that this would not fit into your perception of 'the British public'?

Maybe the people putting their efforts into petitioning football clubs for abiding by the law could put it to use in campaigning for real sentences for rapists?

While caring about this I haven't stopped caring about societal inequities, the bullshit that is religion and what my favourite Monster Munch is.

So some people have become criminals themselves in order to stop a previous law breaker getting a job?

Let's hope the police find out who the threats were made by and the culprits lose their employment, if they actually have a job.

Genius isn't it! The whole saga has brought out all kinds of nut jobs.

I know exactly what 'mentality' you are referring to, it's a logical fallacy. Moreover, we aren't discussing hitting taxi drivers.

Do you not remember the uproar regarding Lee Hughes' reintroduction to the game or is it a matter that this would not fit into your perception of 'the British public'?

There was uproar over the Lee Hughes thing, but nothing close to this case.

Allegedly. But then he is always going to try to come up with a face-saving excuse in the light of sponsors pulling cash from the club and his board's inept decision process.

There will always be people who take campaigning too far and if this has happened and they've broken a law I hope they're punished - but that still doesn't detract from the principle.

There was uproar over the Lee Hughes thing, but nothing close to this case.

Maybe it goes back to the level of contrition expressed? Purely personally, this is the key aspect to this for me. FWIW I was strongly opposed to Hughes getting back into football as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669