Cheltenham Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
He only needs to win one more, and he's equalled the total league wins before Christmas last season, and we aint even out of August yet!!!!.

Thats more of a testament to how poor we were last season than anything.

But still bloody great :)

remember what happened a few weeks after the last time we scored 4 away from home? :018:

Only Joking - I get the impression Pearson wont let a 4-0 away win go to the players heads. Its a fantastic result, but it does reflect the standard of the football at this level. If we dont walk this league then we should pack up and play hockey instead.

It's a notoriously hard league to get out of. A good start was imperative and the truth is what Pearson's achieved is a testament to him as a manager and the players.

Well done all. :038::038:

Wahoooo

perfect10qc3.gif

I am LOVING this season so far. It seems like just a few weeks ago that everyone on here was so depressed and angry. Now look at you! Would it be bad of me to say that I think relegation last season might actually help us in the long run?

I am LOVING this season so far. It seems like just a few weeks ago that everyone on here was so depressed and angry. Now look at you! Would it be bad of me to say that I think relegation last season might actually help us in the long run?

It looks like it what we needed ,anyone missed the player that have left us and where they what was wrong with the club :102:

plus what seems to be a very good manager :038::038::038:

6 more game for full judgment but going very well so far .

It looks like it what we needed ,anyone missed the player that have left us and where they what was wrong with the club :102:

plus what seems to be a very good manager :038::038::038:

6 more game for full judgment but going very well so far .

funnily enough Newts I was thinking the same thing, perhaps the players that have gone were the rotten eggs causing the problem.... all seems to be going well so far though, long may it continue :)

Would it be bad of me to say that I think relegation last season might actually help us in the long run?

It wouldn't necessarily be 'bad' of you, but I don't know how you would reach that conclusion.

I agree totally. The lads, and the fans, need to get their confidence back, and that's finally happening!

20 % of any game is skill, 20% is teamwork, and 60% is confidence.

<made-up statistics> :)

Top after 4 games, undefeated in the league, goals from midfield and up front, only 1 goal conceded and at last a manager who seems to be able to get the best out of the players. Happy days indeed.

I just think we have been in a slump the last 4-5 season, maybe more, and it's been hard to get that winning mentality. Dropping down a division has suddenly provided that opportunity; something that we can hopefully take forward if/hopefully when we get promoted back to the championship.

Cheltenham were near the bottom of the league before the game started-people are getting a bit carried away...
When we were bottom of the league, there weren't many games where we conceded 4 without reply.

Those that did score four against us, were very happy, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Points on the board are always good, a team playing well and a manager who knows his onions at last. Happy days indeed!

But: only top on goal difference, with Carlisle and Oldham up there also. It is imperative to be in the automatic promotion spots rather than in the playoffs. I suspect the depth of the City squad will mean that we can stand the pace better than the competition, and have to say that we are looking the most likely. I see Oldham conceded badly in the Cup, and do not seem to have the best defense again today, but early days...and happy days.

Unlike last year and with the next match a way off the boys deserve a good night out on the tiles.

Oh, and I forgot to mention; precisely DOUBLE the points L***s have.
:038:

Oh, and I forgot to mention; precisely DOUBLE the points L***s have.
:038:

Thats only a good thing if you count Leeds as probable title winners, which i certainly don't.

To be honest I dont quite see why anyone would.

Points on the board are always good, a team playing well and a manager who knows his onions at last. Happy days indeed!

But: only top on goal difference, with Carlisle and Oldham up there also. It is imperative to be in the automatic promotion spots rather than in the playoffs. I suspect the depth of the City squad will mean that we can stand the pace better than the competition, and have to say that we are looking the most likely. I see Oldham conceded badly in the Cup, and do not seem to have the best defense again today, but early days...and happy days.

Unlike last year and with the next match a way off the boys deserve a good night out on the tiles.

Except the paint trophy at Hartlepool. Doh! Not a bad side Hartlepool.

Should've been 5-0. Nowt wrong with Howard's goal.

Cracking free kick from Fryatt. Dyer was my MOTM. Defence could've had a tea party and not worried about conceding a goal.

Ref was a twonk.

Stewards were utter tossers. One of our blokes was arrested at the game and we had to leave without him as they weren't going to release him til 8pm. Why was he arrested? Because his son was having a crafty cig in the gents. As soon as he was told off he put it out and apologised, but the big fat steward grabbed him by the throat and his dad wasn't too impressed! But from people who saw what happened in the Gents, he certainly didn't do anything to be manhandled and arrested like he was.
As he was being took out to be handed over to the coppers, one steward said the other, 'Tell the cops that he hit you'.
The lad heard him say that and said loud enough that it was 'a f*cking lie*
It's a shame, because the stewards were the only bad thing about the day, and that fat tosser was the worst of the lot. Not just because of that incident, but how he spoke to fans in general.

I've come to the conclusion that most stewards have a lobotomy before donning their yellow jackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00