Confirmed Transfer Chilwell to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a sad day. Chilwell is probably our best home grown sale since Lineker. It will be more painful seeing him in a Chelsea shirt than seeing people like Maguire or Drinkwater moving on.

He has been hugely underrated and underappreciated here. An exceptional young man with bags of talent and a good work ethic. Never saying or doing the wrong thing. He's also England's left back and it was nice that he was ours.

It will be a massive challenge for him at Chelsea. They will not be forgiving of him, especially when he's on the best part of £200k a week. He's still got some improving to do as a player and this move will either make him or break him. I think he would have benefited from another year with us but he clearly wanted out.

This is now five successive summers that we've directly strengthened teams that we're supposedly trying to compete with. Our business model fails purely on that basis. You cannot keep making players and selling them onto these sides.

Think he's been underrated by a lot of our fans. He's much better than Maguire and will be harder for us to replace you'd think.

Just hope we can invest the £50mil into 2 or 3 players in other key areas we're lacking (wings, centre-back etc.) rather than just get a direct replacement for that many.

Also I think he will shine for Chelsea next season - he will get plenty of assists in their team.

I wish he hadn’t left.

But I don’t think it will be too hard to replace him with a player of at least equal, or better quality. I’m also happy it didn’t drag on any longer. Presumably this should lead to some incoming signings.

Announcing a new shirt and new contracts... doesn’t really cover this. Must do better LCFC. Bit of a D- effort.

That said Bakewell is replaceable. I don’t expect him to do well at Chelsea either.

Doesn't matter if he is great for them or not. He wasn't great for us and he wasn't going to be. We need a defender. He isn't one and that's where the story ends. I was much more disappointed by the loss of Maguire and the way he got his move. He has absolutely improved Manchester United without any doubt and it was obvious he was going to. Depending on how much defending he has to do, Chilwell won't improve Chelsea. He will offer them something different for sure but that is about it. He didn't want to be here so why should anyone give two shites about him?

Now, let's get the cash spent on some quality and look forward to a season of football in empty stadiums with **** all rhyme or reason to it.

Announcing a new shirt and new contracts... doesn’t really cover this. Must do better LCFC. Bit of a D- effort.

That said Bakewell is replaceable. I don’t expect him to do well at Chelsea either.

He's been tarting himself about for a while now so no surprise.

Hopefully we have an exceedingly good replacement lined up.

I'm happy when any player who wants out goes. Never feels good cheering on players who don't want to be here. His bantz attitude with opposing players at the end of shite team performances will be how i remember him most. Hopefully we invest the sponds on some players. Seems daft to have such a wonderful training ground and potentially playing the likes of Mendy, James, Gray and such....

It's a sad day. Chilwell is probably our best home grown sale since Lineker. It will be more painful seeing him in a Chelsea shirt than seeing people like Maguire or Drinkwater moving on.

He has been hugely underrated and underappreciated here. An exceptional young man with bags of talent and a good work ethic. Never saying or doing the wrong thing. He's also England's left back and it was nice that he was ours.

It will be a massive challenge for him at Chelsea. They will not be forgiving of him, especially when he's on the best part of £200k a week. He's still got some improving to do as a player and this move will either make him or break him. I think he would have benefited from another year with us but he clearly wanted out.

This is now five successive summers that we've directly strengthened teams that we're supposedly trying to compete with. Our business model fails purely on that basis. You cannot keep making players and selling them onto these sides.
Heskey

chelsea have given us £120m over 4yrs. 1 whole yr of premier league prize money.

Both Lineker and Heskey were both just starting to get into the England side when we sold them. They both cemeted their places only after leaving us. I think Lineker scored his first goal for England just before leaving us. Heskey's first England start was two weeks before he signed for Liverpool.

Chilwell is the England left back and has been for the last year or so.

David Nish was a more established, accomplished left back... and he begat Dennis Rofe, who was very much alright.

One door closes etc... at least this time we haven’t sold Chilly to the Shaggers.

Meh. We’re not at the top of the food chain, so it’s always going to happen. I’d be more concerned if other teams didn’t want our players.

I'm happy when any player who wants out goes. Never feels good cheering on players who don't want to be here. His bantz attitude with opposing players at the end of shite team performances will be how i remember him most. Hopefully we invest the sponds on some players. Seems daft to have such a wonderful training ground and potentially playing the likes of Mendy, James, Gray and such....
Sensible twat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570