Confirmed Transfer Chilwell to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldn't he ask them? I would.

Exactly, people must be living in cloud cuckoo land if they don't not believe players discuss things like this in international meet ups etc.

Fans my hates players of other teams but they all generally have a lot of respect for each other.

Gives the negative lot something else to get worked up about though I suppose.

If he hadn’t asked them, he’d be a complete ****ing idiot

Nice to see where his mind was whilst we royally ****ed up Champions League.

Rio Ferdinand had an interesting view on this with him and Lampard:

We grew up together at West Ham and then we both went separate ways. I was at Manchester United, he was at Chelsea. We did everything together from 16 to 21 - roomed together, travelled together, we did everything. When I went to Man Utd and he went to Chelsea, we stopped talking, we didn’t speak about it, we just stopped talking. I wrote this chapter at the end of my career and, out of courtesy, I said, 'I’m going to send it to you, Frank. Just read this and let me know if it's okay to put in'.

"He text me back and said, 'Rio, if I was doing a chapter on you, it would be word for word'. We didn’t hate each other, but I didn't want to give him anything that he might go back to Chelsea with. I didn't like him anymore because he was playing for Chelsea, he was getting his hands on the trophy that I wanted. We just grew apart and we didn't speak. And now we speak, he was at my birthday the other day. What sport can do to a personal relationship is nuts. All for the obsession of winning."

I think that's the problem with what we've allowed ourselves to become, we're a stepping stone club that players are always looking for their next move out from.

I think that's the problem with what we've allowed ourselves to become, we're a stepping stone club that players are always looking for their next move out from.
We haven't allowed ourselves to to become a stepping stone club, we've always been that and, unless we end up being taken over by Gazillionaires, we'll always be one.

If he hadn’t asked them, he’d be a complete ****ing idiot

I hate the fact that Chilwell was always so friendly with everyone. As Fox Fan said, Rio and Lamps had that aggression and hostility. This friendliness makes me feel that they don't go to put everything on the line which may be true of modern footballers. This friendly chat during England duty about other teams isn't a shocker. But i think you just keep it to yourself after the fact. Maybe he doesn't care which is fine. But just makes me wanna slap the little ****.

We haven't allowed ourselves to to become a stepping stone club, we've always been that and, unless we end up being taken over by Gazillionaires, we'll always be one.
I think we could aim to emulate a model more akin to Spurs than we currently are. They don't tend to lose players every season.

Not necessarily we have done extremely well to date, our key success has been recruitment, as long as we do not do what Southampton have done by wasting the millions they have made on players we will be fine. we have a very good spine in the side we are missing two creative wingers and a CD I am not fussed if they are found playing in league 1 or are bought for 40 million as long as we improve the team and squad I am happy.

It is bitter sweet to see a lad from the academy establish himself in the side and then move to another club, that said Chelsea can hardly be seen as a bad club and he will be playing champions league football.

Not necessarily we have done extremely well to date, our key success has been recruitment, as long as we do not do what Southampton have done by wasting the millions they have made on players we will be fine. we have a very good spine in the side we are missing two creative wingers and a CD I am not fussed if they are found playing in league 1 or are bought for 40 million as long as we improve the team and squad I am happy.

It is bitter sweet to see a lad from the academy establish himself in the side and then move to another club, that said Chelsea can hardly be seen as a bad club and he will be playing champions league football.
I'm not sure you understood what I was saying. I'm not saying we have a bad team, or what sort of player we should be buying.

The facts are that if a player wants to leave us for a "bigger" club (translation = one that will pay him a much bigger weekly wage, in general), then they will do. It has always been that way and likely always will, unless we get taken over by someone with Man City style money, or we grow to such an extent that we generate Man Utd style money, neither of which are likely, whether we want to accept that or not. That's a stepping stone club. We may be further up the food chain than we were 4/5 years ago, but most things come down to money, and we're still below the top clubs in that respect.

I'm not sure you understood what I was saying. I'm not saying we have a bad team, or what sort of player we should be buying.

The facts are that if a player wants to leave us for a "bigger" club (translation = one that will pay him a much bigger weekly wage, in general), then they will do. It has always been that way and likely always will, unless we get taken over by someone with Man City style money, or we grow to such an extent that we generate Man Utd style money, neither of which are likely, whether we want to accept that or not. That's a stepping stone club. We may be further up the food chain than we were 4/5 years ago, but most things come down to money, and we're still below the top clubs in that respect.
I agree with what you are saying the only way we can compete is by recruitment and offloading some top players, that will help us to keep recruiting well and hopefully keep us in Europe. The fact we appear to be a great opportunity for younger players lower down the leagues must be exploited imo.

I think Chelsea will blow everyone out of the water financially this season, that gives Lampard a greater headache with selection I think they had the worse defensive record out of the top six I could be wrong, if true the acquisition of Chillwell makes perfect sense.

How are we doing wage wise with other clubs? I would expect us to be lower than the likes of Everton, Arsenal etc.

The stepping stone status we have right now is frustrating, as it consistently sees us losing some of our best players to clubs that we are not that far off from challenging.

However, being a stepping stone to the top clubs is a hell of a lot better than where we were previously, when we only had players no one else wanted, players at the end of their career, or sold our best players to the likes of Sunderland.

Being a stepping stone club is - hopefully - a, stepping stone for us as a club. We are climbing the football ladder, and the longer we can stay nearer the top the more attractive we become as an option in our own right, not for where they can go next.

But that takes time, despite our miracle season. We need to start qualifying for Europe on a consistent basis, and winning Cups.

Rio Ferdinand had an interesting view on this with him and Lampard:

I also love that attitude from lampard and Rio, but would suggest it's just not as common these days. That attitude seems to have died out somewhat, and players from Man Utd and Arsenal for example don't hate each other in the same way - probably because most players don't stick around at a club for long enough to develop that passion and loyalty to the team anymore. It's why most local derby or rival games billed by Sky/BT as two enemy camps going to war actually generally tend to be pretty flat, tepid affairs these days.

I agree with what you are saying the only way we can compete is by recruitment and offloading some top players, that will help us to keep recruiting well and hopefully keep us in Europe. The fact we appear to be a great opportunity for younger players lower down the leagues must be exploited imo.
Exactly. There's not necessarily anything wrong with understanding where we are as a club. We may be a stepping stone club, but we're further along than we were.

The stepping stone status we have right now is frustrating, as it consistently sees us losing some of our best players to clubs that we are not that far off from challenging.

However, being a stepping stone to the top clubs is a hell of a lot better than where we were previously, when we only had players no one else wanted, players at the end of their career, or sold our best players to the likes of Sunderland.

Being a stepping stone club is - hopefully - a, stepping stone for us as a club. We are climbing the football ladder, and the longer we can stay nearer the top the more attractive we become as an option in our own right, not for where they can go next.

But that takes time, despite our miracle season. We need to start qualifying for Europe on a consistent basis, and winning Cups.
Yep, agree.

Exactly, people must be living in cloud cuckoo land if they don't not believe players discuss things like this in international meet ups etc.

Fans my hates players of other teams but they all generally have a lot of respect for each other.

Gives the negative lot something else to get worked up about though I suppose.
I actively went to see a bigger firm despite the fact that I own nearly half of my current firm. Its just what people do. Unlike that shit bag Bakewell I didn't go though :icon lol:

I don't care about him asking those types of questions, he'd be an idiot not to. I did care about his grinny little love in and cosy chitchats with opposition players after games we'd been spanked in. Especially those games in which he'd played like a complete duffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363