Confirmed Transfer Chilwell to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would've got a hell of a lot more for Kante if he hadn't had a release clause.

Chilwell is better than Maguire IMO but centre back and Maguire's profile and World Cup I think drove that fee up.
The point being Chilwell is nearer Drinkwater standard than Kante nothing to do with the price

Well that's Maddison following him out next summer isn't it?

It's the new Leicester move. Big new contract for him next summer so we can keep him happier for another year and then sell next summer.

At least we're good at selling them.

Shame we're shit at reinvesting the money into good replacements.

It's the new Leicester move. Big new contract for him next summer so we can keep him happier for another year and then sell next summer.

Yep I think that’s about the size and shape of it.

I Know What You’re Doing Next Summer

At this moment in time we are a selling club like 15 others in the Prem but we are moving into one of the best training facilities in the world with a stadium upgrade/expansion to follow.
Over the next couple of years we will still be building but competing at the top end of the Premier league so who's to say when we have a rebuilt stadium and top class training facilities that we can't be a club that only sells players when we want rather than them wanting to leave.
I'm old enough to remember some truly awful players and us staying in the championship classed a good season, over the last four seasons we have climbed above Arsenal and Spurs whilst selling a top player each season, clubs like Newcastle, Villa, West Ham, Southampton, Everton are now in our rear view mirror so give it another 4 years and let's see.
If we use the Chilwell money and replace him with 2/3 players that strengthen the whole side whilst also adding more value to the squad then surely its a good thing, one step backwards but two forwards.
I think Leicester have done something remarkable in competing at the top end of the league whilst improving the club as a whole without throwing billions of pounds at it.
Top is doing a fantastic job with our club so let's trust him with what's best as he has certainly done an excellent job so far.

If we could get as good at buying players as we are at selling them we'd be right ****ing decent.

If we could get as good at buying players as we are at selling them we'd be right ****ing decent.

We were good at buying Soyuncu, Evans, Ricardo, Ndidi and Justin for what will now be a fraction of their current value. So i'd say we're not so bad. The increased value of those 5 alone is well over £100m.
Fair point though that we need to unearth another Soyuncu, another Mahrez another Vardy or we run the risk of overall standards and confidence going down.

I'm concerned that we still haven't replaced Mahrez and Maguire, so I don't see us getting a replacement for Chilwell in the next 2 weeks.

it's really only Mahrez we haven't replaced as Soyuncu wasn't in the squad to speak of when Maguire was in the team.

checklist for replacing Chilwell.
Good mates with some of the squad
Can make a hung up 45 degree angle ball from Schmeichel to the half way line look good by winning a header.
60 passes a game, 40 of which to Soyuncu
Throws caution to the wind in last 15 minutes, suddenly taking on players inside and out if the opportunity presents, but never does it in the first half.
3 goals a season from left back
occasional assists
No set piece involvement
wins 60% / 70% of duels but caught out once or twice a game.

I think we can do that.

Rico, Lewis, Bryan, Gosens, Tagliafico could all deliver those stats in reality.

I saw an article somewhere that the players we have sold the last few seasons cost us £22 million to buy and we have sold them for £250 million so we must be doing something right

I meant more in the short term

Our top recruitment has dried up significantly

We all knew that Chilwell was going to go, so it's really disappointing to see that we've not had a deal lined up for his immediate replacement but instead seem to be still being linked to left-backs here and there. Makes it much more likely that we'll panic and overpay for a duffer

We all knew that Chilwell was going to go, so it's really disappointing to see that we've not had a deal lined up for his immediate replacement but instead seem to be still being linked to left-backs here and there. Makes it much more likely that we'll panic and overpay for a duffer
I give you one Slimani and one Silva.

it's really only Mahrez we haven't replaced as Soyuncu wasn't in the squad to speak of when Maguire was in the team.

checklist for replacing Chilwell.
Good mates with some of the squad
Can make a hung up 45 degree angle ball from Schmeichel to the half way line look good by winning a header.
60 passes a game, 40 of which to Soyuncu
Throws caution to the wind in last 15 minutes, suddenly taking on players inside and out if the opportunity presents, but never does it in the first half.
3 goals a season from left back
occasional assists
No set piece involvement
wins 60% / 70% of duels but caught out once or twice a game.

I think we can do that.

Rico, Lewis, Bryan, Gosens, Tagliafico could all deliver those stats in reality.
Interesting how many of those points and problems could well have been policies that Brendan Rodgers had made

We need to finally replace Mahrez, adequately replace Chilwell (which should be much easier than the former) and get a top CB, not to mention a striker who is fast as ****, technically strong and agressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263