Confirmed Transfer Chilwell to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where have Chelsea suddenly got the big bucks from anyway, weren’t they supposed to be building a new ground or something?

I think he'll develop into the best left back in the country in a few years. We're going to regret selling him for peanuts.

As mentioned, truly unrated and unappreciated by a large group of our fan base.

I wish him well.
I mean it’s not peanuts is it really. Name another left back who has sold for similar?

I mean it’s not peanuts is it really. Name another left back who has sold for similar?

full backs in the same ball park. Shaw £30m 6 yrs ago which is easily £50m now, Mendy £52m, Wan Bissaka £45m.

£45 million is good business for Leicester, he's more Danny Drinkwater than Kante.
He might turn into a great player but he certainly isn't that for Leicester.

£45 million is good business for Leicester, he's more Danny Drinkwater than Kante.
He might turn into a great player but he certainly isn't that for Leicester.

We would've got a hell of a lot more for Kante if he hadn't had a release clause.

Chilwell is better than Maguire IMO but centre back and Maguire's profile and World Cup I think drove that fee up.

I don't understand this 'Chilwell is better than Maguire' nonsense. At what? Tiddlywinks? Car shitting? He certainly isn't in the same universe as Maguire in terms of being able to actually defend. He may be better going forward but that's incomparable because Maguire is a centre back and his job is to defend not run up the pitch with the ball before failing to do anything productive with it. Some might say that defending should be Chilwell's primary job as well; Chilwell obviously disagreed.

Hopefully we will see new signings shortly I wish him well. How many players have we made a loss on over the past 5 years? I think we have made more on our players than we have lost?

Hopefully we will see new signings shortly I wish him well. How many players have we made a loss on over the past 5 years? I think we have made more on our players than we have lost?
Imagine how much better off we’d be if we hadn’t spent all that money on Slimani, Musa, Kapustka, Ward, Silva, Benković, Kramarić etc. We could afford to give Matty James a nice 50-year contract extension.

I think we’re understating the impact of this, folks. Losing Chilwell isn’t going to have a positive impact on squad morale and there aren’t many other excellent options out there.
This is going to be hard work.
Chilwell may not be perfect but he has definitely improved.

I think we’re understating the impact of this, folks. Losing Chilwell isn’t going to have a positive impact on squad morale and there aren’t many other excellent options out there.
This is going to be hard work.
Chilwell may not be perfect but he has definitely improved.
Time will tell. Chelsea may suffer more than we do.

I wonder who Maddison will room with now? It was obvious "our" Ben and Madders were close, so maybe it will unsettle "our" J-Madz more than most. Vulnerable target now transfer wise, so good that he just signed a new contract in terms of getting a decent price if he does get picked up by one of the "big" boys like Manure or Chelski.

I love how quickly people forget how good Maguire was for us.

To say Chilwell is better is just absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566