Claudio Ranieri Appointed Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignored posters now appear on the iPad. It says they're ignored, but previously they were dead to me. I liked not seeing cafe.

Still annoyed by Lineker calling our owners 'idiots' and slating the appointment of Ranieri. You were obviously just guessing so there was no need to do that. You're not Piers Morgan ffs.

Spoken as an ambassador for the club as well.

Also posted in the Pearson - MY City team thread, as I could not decide which one it should live in.

While it was Nigel who was manager during the 'Great Escape' for 2 months, it was also Nigel who was manager when we spent nearly 6 months in bottom place.

Yes we put in good performances, but we kept losing by the odd goal. It was all defensive minded - try not to lose, maybe snatch a draw or a win if possible. Only in April when it was down to win the next 8 games or be relegated, did the shackles come off.

Yes the team had spirit but not a winning mentality. Now they have both. And that is down to Ranieri. He has improved them. Just look at the quality and speed of the one touch passing on the counter attack. Even in close quarter combat they all attempt one touch flicks in little triangles. We did not do that last year.

Now when we are 2 goals down, we fight back and get the equaliser in the 87th minute. Do we then park the bus and breathe a sigh of relief that we rescued a draw? No, we go tearing back up the pitch again to get a winner in the 93rd minute.

Ranieri is responsible for this. He has told the players to play for fun, to play for each other, to attack and to defend together, to not be afraid to be daring and try an outrageous pass or shot. We never did that last season.

He has exploited our speed to brilliant effect. Teams cannot push their backs up to the half way line because Vardy, Albrighton, Okazaki, Schlupp and Mahrez will fly into the spaces behind them.

I think by February we will see several more PL teams trying to play the 'Leicester' way. Of course they will have to be as fit as our guys to do it, box to box for 95 minutes. I have not seen another PL striker who will chase EVERY long ball down the channels into the corners or to the goal-line to win a throw or a corner.

Ranieri saw what we were able to do when he arrived. He saw the medical and sports science backup. He knew he had a great set-up. He just added his own Italian flair and expertise to make a great team into an amazing team. I have not seen a single substitution this season that did not give us a better chance of winning the game. I saw loads of awful substitutions last season.

If the 'big boys' keep believing the pundits that 'the wheels will come off at some point', we will just keep on winning.

Ranieri has clearly won the respect and affection of the whole squad, not just the first team, and the media as well.

Forget the well deserved position in the table, how much better is it to have everyone's favourite, the amazing Uncle Ranieri, when other fans only have the likes of Pulis, McLaren or Big Sam to brighten up their Saturday afternoons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566