Coleman Set For Leicester Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, a discussion about the next (permanent) Leicester manager seems quite a legitmate topic for a Leicester City internet forum

I agree mate, but some of the replies on a lot of topics seem to be about winding people up or putting them down rather than discussing the topic.
Just expected to see people being a little more chilled out rather that the wound up, fecked off lot we have become lately.

I have a lot of time for Coleman, but I am worried by the bit that says "if he can bring his backroom staff". Consensus at Fulham has been that the weakest link in his regime was his assistant, Keane. (of course it could also include Coleman's old partner, Reckitt, who was blue through and through!)

Other worries:

1. He seemed unable to clamp down on the drinking/clubbing/partying culture that has got several of his players into bother. (It is rumoured that Lee Clark left Fulham after a falling out over this)

2. He seems to have the perceived Kelly problem of favouritism / dropping key players who have fallen out with him.

I have a lot of time for Coleman, but I am worried by the bit that says "if he can bring his backroom staff". Consensus at Fulham has been that the weakest link in his regime was his assistant, Keane. (of course it could also include Coleman's old partner, Reckitt, who was blue through and through!)

Other worries:

1. He seemed unable to clamp down on the drinking/clubbing/partying culture that has got several of his players into bother. (It is rumoured that Lee Clark left Fulham after a falling out over this)

2. He seems to have the perceived Kelly problem of favouritism / dropping key players who have fallen out with him.

that doesnt sound too good og :icon_sad:

Absolutely. Well worthy of consideration

But keep your powder dry, as the saying goes. There might be others available/interested come the end of the season

Just as long as it's not Paul 'Complete and Utter Bastard Wanker' Ince

i know 2 long term season ticket holders who said they will not renew if ince is manager.

Other worries:

And you say you have a lot of time for him:icon_conf Maybe you could tell us his good points:102:

Other worries:

Yeah you always hear about Fulham players getting into trouble :icon_roll

As for the second point I think the majority of managers in football have this problem!

Yeah you always hear about Fulham players getting into trouble :icon_roll

As for the second point I think the majority of managers in football have this problem!

I've never heard of any Fulham players getting into trouble either:icon_conf

And you say you have a lot of time for him:icon_conf Maybe you could tell us his good points:102:

He has a good eye for players. Favours attractive attacking football (which admittedly became a problem once he lost his key attacking players!). Passionate. The team he rebuilt after Tigana was sacked had the makings of something great. Well respected in the game with good contacts.

i dont think coleman is the ideal choice but out of whats on offer he has the most experience at the highest level and therefore would currently be my choice

Coleman, Ince, Worthington.

Or a long list of other managers with better CV's will be dying to take the Leicester job if we stay in the championship.

We need a manager who is going to ask the team to play strong, passing football (no long ball merchants), will be able to bring in a wide range o suitable players (unlike, Kelly, Adams, Levein and Taylor), and will be able to command the respect of Mandaric, Avoiding any undue rifts that could ruin things.

Coleman or Worthington would be fine. Ince would be a 50/50 risk if you look at Dowie at Palace (success) vs Wise at Leeds (c*nt).

If we bring in Coleman we'll have a bit of access to Fulham and Blackburn players and a strong scouting team who will have looked at £1m+ players for the last few seasons.

Coleman would probably get the nod for me as he's hasn't taken a team down yet (despite al fayed losing financial interest), or been sacked trying to bring them back up. Worthingon has that baggage, which unfortunately rules him out for me. He's been brave since he came in, but a blind man could see that some of our youth lads deserved a crack after their blinding season, and so the use of weso and mattock (could have been gradel, odhiambo, wykes) in the last few games is hardly revolutionary stuff.

If we get coleman, i'd want us to have a look at Quedrue, Rosenior, Niemi, Helguson, Routledge orBrown. A couple of those would kick start the signing spree in close season, with Niemi, Quedrue and Brown needed the most.

quedrue is a bit card happy he seems to get a fair few red cards - no doubt he hasnt been sent off this season now ive said that :)

he's a mobile, decent in the air left back with premier experience. i'd allow him a red card and ten yellows a season if it meant we don't see maybury ever again!

If we get coleman, i'd want us to have a look at Quedrue, Rosenior, Niemi, Helguson, Routledge orBrown. A couple of those would kick start the signing spree in close season, with Niemi, Quedrue and Brown needed the most.

None of them would come to us!

oh dear lako - really rather dim to say something is stupid without any information or reliable fact to substantiate such a claim - but there you go, just about sums you up. To answer your second part; it is obviously going to be difficult to attract someone, so you propose(by default as you havemade no constructive suggestion) Coleman who has presided over a squad that seemed to be failing and could not hold the trend and - and he should come here? I hold no brief for NW but I assume that gospodin Mandaric knows what he wants - and in the interim we should support him and not throw tantrums over whom we might or might not be able to afford.
Finally, very nice of you to assume I would want Ferguson, which of course I do not - but there, there must bow to your knowledge and expertise.

Brilliant, another fight :biggrin:

He said that your missus was ugly as well lako, I wouldn't stand for that

Coleman, Ince, Worthington.

Or a long list of other managers with better CV's will be dying to take the Leicester job if we stay in the championship.

We need a manager who is going to ask the team to play strong, passing football (no long ball merchants), will be able to bring in a wide range o suitable players (unlike, Kelly, Adams, Levein and Taylor), and will be able to command the respect of Mandaric, Avoiding any undue rifts that could ruin things.

Coleman or Worthington would be fine. Ince would be a 50/50 risk if you look at Dowie at Palace (success) vs Wise at Leeds (c*nt).

If we bring in Coleman we'll have a bit of access to Fulham and Blackburn players and a strong scouting team who will have looked at £1m+ players for the last few seasons.

Coleman would probably get the nod for me as he's hasn't taken a team down yet (despite al fayed losing financial interest), or been sacked trying to bring them back up. Worthingon has that baggage, which unfortunately rules him out for me. He's been brave since he came in, but a blind man could see that some of our youth lads deserved a crack after their blinding season, and so the use of weso and mattock (could have been gradel, odhiambo, wykes) in the last few games is hardly revolutionary stuff.

Well said but with the players you listed all of them are too good to play in the championship at the moment, they all great talented players, i can see where your coming from and ido agree coleman has got the talent to bring in some great young talent as well the experience aswell.

Whatever happened to Billy Mckinlay?

He moved to Fulham to be player/coach, Is he still there?

Don't get star struck people, Coleman isnt the man for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00