Coleman Set For Leicester Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering Coleman's ended his career in a car accident caused by his drink-driving I'm shocked to hear that there is a drinking culture in Fulham that he didn't stamp out.

If he can't learn this basic lesson from basic personal experience than he does not have a role to fill at *any* football club with young impressionable players, let alone our academy squad of champions.

We need to get a manager by the first of july, because we need to invest in some players and it gives the manager enough time to get players and get ready for pre season training

End of May or early June before he needs to make a decision. He should at least wait and see what Wortho does over the last 2 games and lok at his plans for next season (as well as discussing the same with other candidates)

Considering Coleman's ended his career in a car accident caused by his drink-driving I'm shocked to hear that there is a drinking culture in Fulham that he didn't stamp out.

If he can't learn this basic lesson from basic personal experience than he does not have a role to fill at *any* football club with young impressionable players, let alone our academy squad of champions.

Was he drink driving?:icon_eek:

Never heard that.

Never heard that.

Well on skysports.com it says that NW is to be cosidered for the job and i feel he has a good chance of getting the job if we suvive in the championship, i can see coleman going to a shitter team than us in london, QPR!

Well on skysports.com it says that NW is to be cosidered for the job and i feel he has a good chance of getting the job if we suvive in the championship, i can see coleman going to a shitter team than us in london, QPR!

It would probably be a good idea to email a link onto Milan just so that he knows what's happening.
I'd hate for him to feel left out of the loop.

It would probably be a good idea to email a link onto Milan just so that he knows what's happening.
I'd hate for him to feel left out of the loop.

I always forward him the mail first before it is put on here, he is top of the game

Never heard that.

Yes he was.

It was mentioned at the time but very little was made of it, I presume because people felt sorry for him as it was clear his career was likely over- apparently the ambulance crew seriously considering amputating his leg at the scene he was that badly injured.

As I said, if you don't learn from that, what will you learn from? I'm not convinced by his management skills anyway, but hearing of a drinking culture under him is the final nail as far as I'm concerned.

Yes he was.

It was mentioned at the time but very little was made of it, I presume because people felt sorry for him as it was clear his career was likely over- apparently the ambulance crew seriously considering amputating his leg at the scene he was that badly injured.

As I said, if you don't learn from that, what will you learn from? I'm not convinced by his management skills anyway, but hearing of a drinking culture under him is the final nail as far as I'm concerned.

And for me, f*ck hard evidence, I make all my important decisions on rumour and hear'say, and also sometimes girls aloud

We are in the championship not the premier league, i'd rather have someone with a track record of getting teams out of this league.

and unfortunately.....a record for getting teams back down into this league. and getting the sack because results in this league were in the Levein/ Kelly class.

I realise there is a tendency to rubbish every manager we get - but Worthington came in as a stop gap and hopefully that is what he remains. Otherwise we are going to be stuck with another mediocrity who has had his best days.

I think there is a real danger that Worthington could get the job particularly if we finish unbeaten in the last two games - but I think it would be regretted by the time the leaves start to fall.

and unfortunately.....a record for getting teams back down into this league. and getting the sack because results in this league were in the Levein/ Kelly class.

I realise there is a tendency to rubbish every manager we get - but Worthington came in as a stop gap and hopefully that is what he remains. Otherwise we are going to be stuck with another mediocrity who has had his best days.

I think there is a real danger that Worthington could get the job particularly if we finish unbeaten in the last two games - but I think it would be regretted by the time the leaves start to fall.

Totally agree.

If I was Milan Manderic, I would be planning to keep NW beyond the end of this season.

He is proving to be exactly the right man for the job at this time. What the team needs is someone who can recognise problems and find solutions quickly. Who is able to change tactics quickly if need be. And as the players start to improve and their confidence grows he will build on that.

Then when they are a solid team, I would bring in a new manager. Someone with drive and fire in their belly. Charismatic. And then they will go into and up the Premiership.

That's what I think anyway. :)

I agree aswell, Worthington is not the man for the job, I think Coleman would be a call though...

Then when they are a solid team, I would bring in a new manager.

Just to fcuk it up all together and make him manage a team that he hasn't built, with players that he doesn't know and a squad that he can't change.

Sounds good to me

Lets just get Paul Ince - the most likely two to go up this season are Blues and Sunderland, bother managed by ex-Man Unt players.

Therefore: Ince = Success.

Anyone got MM's E-mail?:icon_cool :icon_cool :icon_cool

Last edited:
Just to fcuk it up all together and make him manage a team that he hasn't built, with players that he doesn't know and a squad that he can't change.

Sounds good to me

Your point about the relationship between the players and the manager is a fair one and I accept really imporatant. I guess where I was coming from was the idea that you need different sorts of management/leadership at different times and whilst I think NW seems to be the right person now I am not sure if he would be through the whole journey for the team that Milan Manderic has planned.

How such a change over would be managed without as you say damaging what has been built would be difficult but I would say not impossible. The alternative could be keeping someone in post beyond what was in the best interests of the team because of what they had achieved to date. Whilst that approach rewards loyalty and my suggestion probably sounds a bit callous, sometimes you have to strike a balance between sentiment and business. And if you make those hard decisions at the right time, individuals are more likely to leave as successes than hang around until they become failures.

So I don't disagree with what you say as a problem. I just think the challenge would be to solve that.

Last edited:
I still cannot see Coleman coming here. I think he may go to a Prem club. Just can't see it.

I still cannot see Coleman coming here. I think he may go to a Prem club. Just can't see it.

Yeah that what i was thinking he could be off to a perimership but i think he will come to a championship team for a little while and leave them without thinking twice if the perimership was a option, at one point he was considered for the Newcastle job wasn't he

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69