Coleman Set For Leicester Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it is true that Milan has spoken to Coleman, it does not mean he is first choice, simply he was available to talk to. It would be astonishing if Milan thought that the very best manager he could attract to Leicester happened to be the one that got sacked for not being a very good manager!
Equally Worthington was available immediately to do a temporary job now. It does not mean Milan thinks he would be the best permanent appointment.

We have up the tempo alot under the influence of NW or is it the fact that we are playing for championship status next season and players have realised that if they get relegated with this club they might find it hard to get signed up with a club like leicester city with a good fan base and decent wage,

Coleman has been my choice since he was sacked and before he was sacked as fulham mananger, NW was my choice for the e leicester manager,

i think both are good manager in there own way, but the difference is that Coleman has been a perimership manager for longer than NW and that is what counts cause there is a different level of experience there,

The problem is you looking at premiership experience assuming it means he can handle the lower division, the chapmionship is a different ball game to the premiership, sure coleman may be more equipped to keep us up but he would have to get us up first which I think he cannot do. Worthington is the man for this reason as he has a lot of experience in this division most of it been up and around the playoffs.

Doesn't mean we are transformed.He's done an ok job but its very very early to be handing out accolades.If we lose the next two you will be wanting him out:icon_roll

What about the way he transformed norwich from bottom half team to a playoff, then top 8 then winning the division in his first 3 years?

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned on this thread, but on Sky Sports News last night, Milan said Nigel is doing all the right things to land the job permantly. Now wether MM is just saying this, or he could actually be really impressed with him. I went to the Brum game and the Preston game, and I think NW has got the players playing well. I would have absolutley no problem, if NW was given a chance to manage our football club.

I have no reason to doubt MM said this, I agree with him

and unfortunately.....a record for getting teams back down into this league. and getting the sack because results in this league were in the Levein/ Kelly class.

I realise there is a tendency to rubbish every manager we get - but Worthington came in as a stop gap and hopefully that is what he remains. Otherwise we are going to be stuck with another mediocrity who has had his best days.

I think there is a real danger that Worthington could get the job particularly if we finish unbeaten in the last two games - but I think it would be regretted by the time the leaves start to fall.

Take a look at his record over the 4 and a bit years at norwich, the first 3 years were good, getting relegated from the premiership doesnt make you a bad manager.

Perhaps brian little is a mad manager, he got us 3 playoffs but also got us in the bottom 3 of the premiership. Does this make you think he is a bad manager?

Last edited:
NW has had a good start to his leicester career, he may have lost the first two games but that was part of the package in him finding the problems, i wouldn't complain if he got the job cause he has realised where the weakness is in the team and he has already asigned that by leaving players out and starting players that will get results and work for the result and the team,

Norwich we had a good first half and fell short second half, bham game we played whack in the first half and second half the whole team raised there game and the fans left smiling but we lost, the fans left with confidence and preston i think alot of people after what they saw in the first two games had the feeling of us getting a result at deepdale even tho we left it late we did get the result we were building on, what i like about about NW is he when he finds the problem he will do what ever he can do fix the problem, for example Fitness, extra training sessions, paid off at preston. l feel more confident now than i did before the norwich game and i think he can bring in some great players for the club,

i am not misaken but did NW bring in the likes of huckby and earnshaw?

. I guess where I was coming from was the idea that you need different sorts of management/leadership at different times .

And that GB, is one of the things that makes the difference between a manager and a great manager. :)

What about someone like Gerriant Williams at Colchester. He has done a fantastic job there this season and knows what it is like to play in this league and what needs to be done to be successful.

We should not just go for the name or if they were a good player - usually means nothing anyway. There are a number of managers that have done fantastic in their current jobs that do not even get a look in as people just look for a manager from a team that is higher than us in the league. For example Adkins at Scunny.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but we're being linked to Steve Clarke, Chelsea's assistant manager, in the papers today.

"Leicester have launched a bid to make Chelsea assistant boss Steve Clarke their manager. (Daily Express)"

Could be a good move that one.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but we're being linked to Steve Clarke, Chelsea's assistant manager, in the papers today.

"Leicester have launched a bid to make Chelsea assistant boss Steve Clarke their manager. (Daily Express)"

Could be a good move that one.

Yes it has in the Rumours Thread as it is a rumour

Leicester have held talks with Chris Coleman over their vacant manager's post. He is considered favourite ahead of Paul Ince. (Daily Mirror)

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned on this thread, but on Sky Sports News last night, Milan said Nigel is doing all the right things to land the job permantly. Now wether MM is just saying this, or he could actually be really impressed with him. I went to the Brum game and the Preston game, and I think NW has got the players playing well. I would have absolutley no problem, if NW was given a chance to manage our football club.

i agree give him a go IMO

i agree give him a go IMO

I just think getting someone in high profile will only raise the expectations of us (the fans), and when it all doesn't go to plan, the boo boys will be out in force.

Give it to NW, he's got a decent record in this league, and from what i've seen so far, I think he could do a real good job down here.

Oh and thats 2,000 folks :038:

Last edited:
i think NW and coleman both can do the job, give it two both of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675