Coleman Set For Leicester Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
From some Welsh thing:

Welshman Chris Coleman is looking to further his management career in Portugal, Italy or Spain. And the former Swansea City and Wales defender, sacked by Premiership Fulham this month after four years in the job, admits: 'Ultimately, I'd love the chance to manage Wales one day.'

Coleman was planning another year in charge of Fulham before looking elsewhere, but that thought was ended when he was dismissed. Lawrie Sanchez has stepped in as caretaker manager. Coleman, though, is still only 36 and can look back with great satisfaction on the work he did at Craven Cottage.

He will take a break and look to Europe. Certainly, he will not make the switch from Fulham to Queens Park Rangers as some parts of the media suggested. And he is unlikely to accept overtures from clubs like Leicester City, now owned by millionaire Milan Mandaric, as they plan to rise from the Coca-Cola Championship.

'I'd love to have a go abroad and see what it's like, maybe in countries like Portugal Italy or Spain,' says Coleman. 'Ultimately, I'd like the chance to manage Wales one day.' Coleman's playing career was ended prematurely after a car accident in which he suffered severe leg injuries.

Fulham lost their best defender, but gained a coach of huge promise. He had played for Manchester City, although not at first team level, Swansea, Blackburn Rovers, Crystal Palace and Fulham plus earning 32 caps for Wales.
He became Fulham manager 16 months after his car crash at a time when the club were playing away from their traditional Craven Cottage home. He took over from sacked Jean Tigana to become, at 33, the youngest manager in the Premiership.

'My original goal when I took the Fulham job was to cut the playing budget, get back to the Cottage, and increase the fan base,' said Coleman. 'And we were on course.' Now, though, Coleman is intent on furthering his career in Europe and maybe joining a select group of British managers, which includes Terry Venables, Bobby Robson, Roy Hodgson and Bobby Houghton, who have earned success abroad.

Swansea-born Coleman first played for Fulham in 1997 and it was 10 years before he moved on. Fulham Supporters Club have described Coleman, affectionately nicknamed 'Cookie', as 'one of the club's greatest ever players.'
Now he is intent on extending his reputation as a manager and coach throughout Europe.

Sounds a bit of a knob?

Worthington for me of the three. Ince is a big risk, Coleman is overrated imho and the discipline issue that OG alluded to is a big one for the club to get right.

Worthington's not afraid to discipline the squad, keep them back for extra training, work them hard and I like the fitness he'll demand of them and the intensity he wants them to play at.

He also, as has been said before, has a good eye for a striker and you only have to look at the league table to see that goals have been our problem this year.

F.F.Sake lets get this Season out of the way concentrate on the next two matches, and then see what transpires, cos there's bound to be more speculation and rumour.

F.F.Sake lets get this Season out of the way concentrate on the next two matches, and then see what transpires, cos there's bound to be more speculation and rumour.

Why do we have to concentrate on the next two matches? Sure that's the players job.
This is just an internet forum where people post & discuss speculation & rumours. :icon_roll

And won't happen IMO. Even if we win our next two.

I don't know - but what was certain was that as soon as we won a game that some naive people would think that Worthington was the man.

IMO - he is a stop gap and not anything approaching the right candidate but understandably he is going to milk every positive result and who can blame him.

I am less certain than you Alex partly because Mandaric stuck with Kelly for an awful long time...and he may becoming a bit more lenient these days.

I think Coleman would be an excellent appointment but can't see that happening.

Coleman should be appointed because of the risk factor and the fact he brings the experience needed for the job, NW ok he has done a decent job on getting the fitness up and he has had some good expereience but coleman is younger and been a manager longer at the perimership level and he is eger as well, only got sacked like a few weeks back and already wants another job to prove himself,

And for Ince that is too much off a risk, he is like managing a team which in two different leagues away from us, ok yes roy keane done well doesnt mean ince will also do great, i think Ince needs to prove himself before come to a club big as Leicester City, and for the Record Ince team got Spanked 5-0 on the weekend to Roachdale...hehehe

Coleman should be appointed because of the risk factor and the fact he brings the experience needed for the job,
I'm fed up with hearing this nonsense from people.

Nigel Worthington has got much more experience for the job needed than Coleman has, is it me or is everybody going mad?

Nigel Worthington has got much more experience for the job needed than Coleman has, is it me or is everybody going mad?

I think the 1-0 win over preston has got everyone going mad, so lets just go with the flow!!

I agree that Worthington (of the three) is the safest, but rather uninspiring bet, due to his experience and track record. The other two are more exciting, but carry big risks in my opinion.

I hope that Mandaric will be talking to more managers in the Summer as well, so it is way too early to be making decisions right now

Yes they are... they have been diagnosed as having premiermanageritus.

It leads people to believe that just because they have managed in the prem they are a good manager. Regardless of whether they have done a good or bad job or average job.

coleman is younger and been a manager longer at the perimership level

We are in the championship not the premier league, i'd rather have someone with a track record of getting teams out of this league.

I agree that Worthington (of the three) is the safest, but rather uninspiring bet, due to his experience and track record. The other two are more exciting, but carry big risks in my opinion.

I hope that Mandaric will be talking to more managers in the Summer as well, so it is way too early to be making decisions right now

We need to get a manager by the first of july, because we need to invest in some players and it gives the manager enough time to get players and get ready for pre season training

If Coleman is keen (as mustard, ha, ha, ha, brilliant...) then get him in the minute the full time whistle against Wolves goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669