Connolly to Wigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
DurhamFox said:
The club set it's stall out at the start of season that they are expecting promotion this season, I doubt it's changed it's mind after 4 games....

Its not really like that,is it.

The club needs to sell seats - so it maintains its going for promotion. And it is to the extent that the players want to do well and win every game.

Its also true that CL has brought in players who are actually trying. The comeback against Crewe was evidence of that. Any team that gets a draw away from home from being 2-0 down has acheived something.

However, none of the above means that the squad is likely to be able to achieve promotion and I would have thought that that is why they will be bound to accept any substantal offers. That said, D.C. appears to be someway down Wigan's list - tho' its obvious that higher profile players will not sign for them because they know its a return ticket to the fizzy league.

Redditch Fox said:
Its not really like that,is it.

The club needs to sell seats - so it maintains its going for promotion. And it is to the extent that the players want to do well and win every game.

Its also true that CL has brought in players who are actually trying. The comeback against Crewe was evidence of that. Any team that gets a draw away from home from being 2-0 down has acheived something.

However, none of the above means that the squad is likely to be able to achieve promotion and I would have thought that that is why they will be bound to accept any substantal offers. That said, D.C. appears to be someway down Wigan's list - tho' its obvious that higher profile players will not sign for them because they know its a return ticket to the fizzy league.

Any player could go there for first team football and have a clause that is relegated they get out of it for next to nothing?:102:

fcukcov said:
Any player could go there for first team football and have a clause that is relegated they get out of it for next to nothing?:102:

Yep- or as suggested earlier in this thread - a player could take the view that when relegated, Wigan are likely to have the basis, including financial backing, for a successful side in the fizzy league so to a player who would not normally be pursued by a prem club its a win/ win situation.

So, IF, Wigan are interested - its pretty obvious what sort of advice he will get from his agent.

I see Sheff Utd have agreed a £1m fee with Preston for Cresswell. How many feckin strikers do they want?? Should never have sold the boy IMO.

Boooooo!:icon_lol:

But I'm keeping my footballing roots real! It would be easy to pull on a chelski shirt and claim to have always been a cockney geezer, but my love for Leicester is like...well you get my drift!:icon_lol:

DurhamFox said:
I see Sheff Utd have agreed a £1m fee with Preston for Cresswell. How many feckin strikers do they want?? Should never have sold the boy IMO.

We were in the prem' then though weren't we?? And he is no premier league striker.

In hindsight if we knew we were going down then yes he should have stayed!

he knows where the goal is though - god im starting to sound like silver :icon_lol:

Yorkshire Vixen said:
he knows where the goal is though - god im starting to sound like silver :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Now you know how I feel :icon_lol:

Yorkshire Vixen said:
he knows where the goal is though

I should bloody hope so being a pro footballer. I'd be worried if he was shooting at the corner flag.

highland fox said:
Akinbiyi used to.

Trev too! Except his problem wasn't where the goal was, but those pesky legs of his that he kept tripping over!

well to be fair to him hf he does know where the goal is afterall he 'posed' for the new kit leaning against one - its a start :102: :icon_lol:

DurhamFox said:

If he is £1m then Connolly must be worth £2.5m at least. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566