Craig Mackail-Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you are right, and that is why SuperScout is now banned. I didn't realise that the poster who spelt Danns wrong was doing it deliberately. I don't think most are doing it intentionally to be annoying, though I do agree most will know better but are doing it through laziness. I know, for instance, that when I post from my phone I can't be arsed to go back and correct all capital letters and mistakes so just post it.

Whoah there... "It" was banned for winding someone up??

For me, there is a very, very strong connection between those who master the English language better than others (ie, "the pedants") and those who I think contribute the most to this forum and come across as intelligent and funny (if slightly obnoxious sometimes).

Mistakes can happen, I know because I make a lot of them, I'm just saying that if you can't be arsed to correct your spelling mistakes, I can't be arsed to read your post.

He hasn't travelled with the Pboro team to Portugal. He's got a straight choice between us and West Ham.

I think personal terms would have been agreed prior to him meeting Sven, so I'm not sure what ch4mbo has been told is correct.

We shall wait and see.

He hasn't travelled with the Pboro team to Portugal. He's got a straight choice between us and West Ham.

I think personal terms would have been agreed prior to him meeting Sven, so I'm not sure what ch4mbo has been told is correct.

We shall wait and see.

I expect it shall all be announced tomorrow.

We shall wait and see.

Don't know if it is common knowledge (I certainly didn't know this until today) but cms goes out with Fatty Frys daughter and they have a kid. Apparently Fry thinks that cms will be better able to look after his daughter if he joins wh so he is putting the pressure on.

Love you all. x

eeerrr... when you say that sort of thing, you're supposed to follow it up with IANGWOC. We don't want any misunderstandings on here.

... unless you really meant IAGW, of course.

Too often people try to argue for points that have already been shown up for the utter bullshit they are. Too often people simply assert things without showing any reason why they believe the assertion to be correct. Too often I read of people having big egos or 'bullying' other forum members or 'flexing their e-muscles' (for ****'s sake) when in fact nothing of the sort has happened.

You very neatly put both sides of the argument - and I fully agree with you on both points.

Do you not believe the pedantry has gotten a bit out of hand and construes a form of bullying? In school we teach the STOP definition of bullying (Several Times On Purpose) which I would think pretty much sums up some of the grammar correction etc on here.

On the other hand there are people, and I am one of them, who really enjoy having the piss taken out of them for their errors in grammar and spelling. And when the error leads to the possibility of some ambiguity, even though both parties know what was meant, I am amused by the often witty ripostes that highlight the mistake.

It might be worth pointing out that the person who started this present conversation about 'being nice to each other' is in fact the very person who most often points to posters' inability to properly choose between "there", "their" and "they're". I doubt if he ever thought he was bullying people.

On the other hand there are people, and I am one of them, who really enjoy having the piss taken out of them for their errors in grammar and spelling. And when the error leads to the possibility of some ambiguity, even though both parties know what was meant, I am amused by the often witty ripostes that highlight the mistake.

It might be worth pointing out that the person who started this present conversation about 'being nice to each other' is in fact the very person who most often points to posters' inability to properly choose between "there", "their" and "they're". I doubt if he ever thought he was bullying people.

Who, me?

... corrections given in school are constructive.

Corrections such as

Danns. Don't get that one wrong again please, it's likely to send me batshit mental.

are not

Was it designed to be constructive? And does it matter? Don't we all know that BM is batshit mental in any case and somebody missing out an s is hardly going to make it any worse?

Some people might be well advised to not take everything they read too seriously. If a comment offends, try reading it again a few times with different inflexions - and when you find an alternative that doesn't sound offensive, consider whether that might have been the tone of voice that the poster would have used if he were able to make his voice heard on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566