Davies Loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_B

Maybe we should get newts to give him a ring to find out what his plans are

Don't be daft, Newts knew those players would get injured/suspended last week, before his post confirming he was staying. Newts has a plan.

Joe_Fox

Forgotten midfielder Mark Davies has been told he can still be a part of Wolves’ promotion chase - if he proves his fitness at Leicester.

The boost for the former England under-19s captain comes from manager Mick McCarthy, who insists ‘Sparky’ remains part of his plans, despite being sent out on loan to the League One leaders.

Davies came off the bench to score the winner in last week’s 2-1 win at Millwall that kept the leaders top, his second brief outing for the Foxes.

The 20-year-old midfielder is on loan at the Walkers Stadium until January 4 and McCarthy says it’s “unlikely” Davies will be allowed to remain with Nigel Pearson’s side.

“We’ve always got a recall option under the rules, but a fit Mark Davies is a player I would want around here to be used,” said McCarthy.

“So hopefully he’s benefitting from playing at Leicester where he can get games.

“It will do him good. Him dislodging the ones won’t happen at the moment, but it might happen if he plays football. There’s no chance if he doesn’t play.

“He needs first team football and that’s why he’s gone to Leicester to play.

“I’ve got someone going to watch him today (against Peterborough).

“It’s unlikely I will let him out for the season.

“He could stay at Leicester for 93 days, he could come back if they don’t want him or he could go somewhere else for 93 days, the maximum under emergency loan.

“But consider 93 days from January 4 - we’re talking until March and the season’s nearly over.”

When was this then?

PONTUS KAAMARK

Thats a good result!

I hope we can keep Davies he really looks the business.

On the phone in last night Birch said Clem wont play again this season. I think we had guessed that but I think that might be it for him full stop.

If Davies leaves I think the midfield will need strengthening again, Weso is still a few weeks off, King cant be expected to play every game this season, Berner is best at LB and Oakley is far better on the right.

Steven

Thats a good result!

I hope we can keep Davies he really looks the business.

On the phone in last night Birch said Clem wont play again this season. I think we had guessed that but I think that might be it for him full stop.

If Davies leaves I think the midfield will need strengthening again, Weso is still a few weeks off, King cant be expected to play every game this season, Berner is best at LB and Oakley is far better on the right.

... and some questioned the relevance of my Isaiah Osbourne thread. :icon_roll (not you PK :icon_wink )

City Fan

I'd be surprised if Wolves let him play against Palace anyway as it would Cup-Tie him and any manager nether mind a tight arsed McCarthy would not want to lessen his options by letting City play him

He played against D&R.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
McCarthy must have had an oversight there then I am surprised

No oversight. When Davies signed on deadline day, it was specifically agreed that he would be available to play for City in the FA Cup.

Steven

Nige is trying his best to extend it. :038:

DAVIES MAY EXTEND FOXES STAY

Wolves midfielder Mark Davies could be set to remain at Leicester after Foxes manager Nigel Pearson revealed he is keen to extend his loan spell when the transfer window opens.

The 20-year-old, who Pearson knows from his time working with the England youth set-up, has impressed the boss of the League One outfit during his month-long stint at the Walkers Stadium.

"I am delighted with how he has done. I know he is a good player and I am delighted with his contribution," Pearson said.

"I would want to keep him. We are looking at the situation and, hopefully, it will be resolved very shortly."

Davies has made six appearances for Leicester and scored one goal. It came earlier this month in City's 2-1 win over Carlisle at Brunton Park.

Just got a text that Davies is staying till end of January. (Off a Wolves fan)

Top work that, i hope to be 15 points clear by then.

If Wolves are going up to the Prem - If?? Perhaps Davies might consider signing for us as he is more likely to get a game for a Championship side than a Prem team. If i were NP i'd be trying to sell the idea to Davies as technically he can agree pre-contract agreement from now. Tribunal would set any fee i'd imagine.

SJN-Fox

The hard bit might be persuading him to accept Championship (hopefully) wages, rather than Premiership (probably) wages. I suspect that MM (theirs, not ours) will try and get him on a new contract before too much longer. I will be very surprised if we get him on a permanent basis. (Or any other basis for that matter after the end of Jan).

artic fox

If a fair offer was made that will add funds to Mick McCarty's budget then I think we may have a chance of getting Davies.Teams are effected by the Credit Crunch(bar Man City) so I can't see Wolves splashing out wages on Players that may only be on the bench at best.

sparky79

i'm slightly concerned on our current dependency on loan players. 4 of our current starting 11 are loanees, with no permanent deals in place for any of gilbert, martin, hobbs or davies. Whilst we will probably have all of them until the end of the season it still leaves us in the predicament of potentially having the heart of our side ripped out should they all be recalled by their respective clubs for the start of next season.
Until we get some of them permanently it won't feel as if we have really built anything, regardless of being top.
i think gilbert and hobbs should be the subject of bids or at least pre contract agreements on the condition that we are promoted. Martin perhaps less of a priority.
Tunchev should not be swapped, sold or even sneezed on until we are sure of promotion.
Kisnorbo, Mattock, DJ FlopCampbell etc etc etc can all go should we need funds.

tedfoxxx

Securing Davies until the end of the season is the only bit of business I think we need to do this january, he looks like a cracking player and the perfect partener for King in the midfield. But like SJN says it will be tricky to get MM to sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669