Derby 0 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, clean sheets are rubbish.

we played a poor derby team and he had little to do, but he looked shocking when he had to do anything at all.

I said the same about kirkland after 1 game and people defended him, and he turned out to be a donkey.

Re: Derby away 0-2

We're still 4 points off. It's no way near certain. Not even close!

Way too early. If they can continue the current form it's on. Tough away games vs Cardiff and QPR.. 9 points from next 4 games would be huge step toward wembley.

One of the players (Yakubu? Mee?) said on Sky that there is a great atmosphere in the changing room.

That's something that we had under O'Neil and (maybe) not as much much of since, none at all under the previous manager bloke seemingly.

I think that it does add something to the team and, watching the game, all the players seem to be happy with each other and the way things are going.

Unlike the Derby players.

we played a poor derby team and he had little to do, but he looked shocking when he had to do anything at all.

I said the same about kirkland after 1 game and people defended him, and he turned out to be a donkey.

Time will tell. He started the move that led to the second goal. Weale would have bounced the ball twice and belted it up for the Yak to scrap for.

Horses for courses.

Savage tweets (his grammar)

Leicester are a good team every chance of going up, they were better than us today the lads couldn't of give anymore it must turn !!
Echofon • 12/02/2011 22:10

Time will tell. He started the move that led to the second goal. Weale would have bounced the ball twice and belted it up for the Yak to scrap for.

Horses for courses.

I understand what you saying, I am on concentrating on the fact he couldnt catch the ball or pick it up, but you are concentrating on he has better distribution, something I dont look at with a keeper. So I do accept your point.

I understand what you saying, I am on concentrating on the fact he couldnt catch the ball or pick it up, but you are concentrating on he has better distribution, something I dont look at with a keeper. So I do accept your point.

Fair dues Chrys. He did look a bit dodgy on crosses I grant you that...but didn't have much to do. We will know a lot more in the coming weeks.

Ricardo just amused me today. I have no idea what I think of him and I'm not going to judge him one performance, but he genuinely made me laugh on 2 or 3 occasions.

Last edited:
Ricardo just amused me today. I have no idea what I think of him and I'm not going to judge him one performance, but he genuinely made me laugh on 2 or 3 occasions.

There was one moment in the second half where there was about six players packed into the right side of the six yard box...and he just sort of dribbled his way out of it...it was a most bizarre bit of football. And yes, made me laugh.

There was one moment in the second half where there was about six players packed into the right side of the six yard box...and he just sort of dribbled his way out of it...it was a most bizarre bit of football. And yes, made me laugh.

It was a bizarre performance all round from him. He strikes me as an entertaining persona on the pitch if nothing else. He was playing almost as ball playing central defender in the first half.

Last edited:
Oh my god I can't believe it, we're never normally that good away from home

Last edited:
Wot, no corners!

Listened to the whole game on RL.

Watched Blackpool score yet another goal from a corner on MOTD and suddenly thought "Hold up! We never got a single corner today."

Just checked the stats and it's true. Must be some kind of a record to have the most possession, win 2-0 yet not get a corner all game. Bizarre...

It was a bizarre performance all round from him. He strikes me as an entertaining persona on the pitch if nothing else. He was playing almost as ball playing central defender in the first half.

His collection was suspect, tho in fairness he's not played a competitive league game for nearly 2 years.

His distribution looked top notch.. almost playing as a sweeper, he's a footballing keeper; seems to prefer his feet to hands. Certain to keep you guessing.. a lot like Bamba on the ball. Love, love to see a Leicester center half dictate the pace of the game, got lucky with a couple of loose passes to Oakley.. tho overall very composed. I can't remember a Leicester side looking so confident in possession. :038::038::038::038:

Wot, no corners!

Listened to the whole game on RL.

Watched Blackpool score yet another goal from a corner on MOTD and suddenly thought "Hold up! We never got a single corner today."

Just checked the stats and it's true. Must be some kind of a record to have the most possession, win 2-0 yet not get a corner all game. Bizarre...

I noticed that during the game, because was looking forward to seeing Bamba knock one in.

I didn't notice Bamba have any headers after that huge lump... if he did, that must have really hurt!

Really good performance from start to finish I think. First half was pure class and utter dominance. Second half was very different, but Derby were still never really in it. I felt that the second half had a different pattern to the first simply because we let it... Still felt we were always in control, and Derby never had any real promising attack and never threatened Ricardo in goal.

Felt that we could've stepped up a gear if we needed to, even in the first half really.

Mee was MOTM I think today, quality performance and didn't see him put a foot wrong. I expected Bruma to come straight into the team for Mee, but he might have to wait a bit longer based on that.

Van Aanholt I thought was really, really good too. First I've seen of him and was very impressed... although he didn't have to do much defensively today.

Suprised people felt confident in Ricardo; I thought his distribution was good but as a goalkeeper (and that is his job) his needless punching lead to some hairy moments.

Clean sheet - says it all really

I didn't think he looked shocking to be fair. We wouldn't have scored our second goal had the pass back gone back to Weale as h would have taken five minutes to get the ball out of his bow-legs.

Last edited:
Another great performance and result. We look so composed in possession and playing the ball out from the back. It looked like we were taking the piss right from the kick off and the first 10-15 mins Derby hardly touched the ball. Both goals fantastic.

First half performance was as good as I've seen us play away from home this season (not that I've seen a lot!), but in the second half, I was a just a bit dissapointed we almost let them back into it. To be honest even though Derby were better in the second half, they still never really looked like scoring.

Ricardo 6. Well I have to agree his distribution looks better than Weale, but he is hardly a commanding presence when it comes to catching. Too early to call as he barely had a thing to do.

Naughton 6 good going forward, but his poor first touch, especially in the second half, put us under pressure a few times

Bamba 8 dealt with everything they threw at us, never looked troubled

Mee 8 solid, winning everything in the air, and he impressed me a lot.

Van Aanholt 6 didn't really do anything wrong, but didn't do much either, except for that fizzing cross in the first half

Oakley 7 Had a solid game I felt, some good covering. But I do feel Abe will get his place back

King 7 Great finish for the goal, and comfortable in possession

Wellens 6 first half he was dictating the play, but in the second didn't really seem to be in the match

Gallagher 7 again at the heart of everything we do which is good going forward, and unlucky not to score with that beauty of a strike in the first half

Vassell 7 Our best player in the first half, really worked hard. Faded in the second

Yakubu 7 He deserves a 7 if only for that goal and some good hold up play, as did very little else. But you'd probably take a striker who bags a goal, rather than one who just runs around and doesn't get anywhere

I also thought for the short time Bruma was on the pitch he looked calm and assured, and I will be surprised if he doesn't get into the starting XI soon.

Last edited:

... with an injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670