Derby 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwww poor Mr Savage moaning on Twitter because he got booed.

Well at least he was on the opposing side and therefore understands why he was booed

Unlike the boos that were given to our own captain as he left the pitch simply for acknowledging a bunch of fans that actually showed some appreciation for him

We were absolutely crying out for Fryatt's creativity today.

Wellens and Brown were both useless yet again. Just hoofed it straight back to Derby every time either of them got it. Kermorgant was also poor, we looked so much better when Gallagher and Howard came on.

I'm still not worried though. It was only really a howler by Weale that cost us. We were poor today, but Derby were just as bad. We could've easily won that on another day.

Last edited:
Today has reminded me that I hate certain things:

Losing
The city of Derby
Fried chicken
People who eat fried chicken on buses
Derby County FC (but not as much as the Chavs)
The word 'Clough'
People who haven't been to a game since Frank Worthington was at school but think their opinion still counts. It f***ing doesn't.
People who would give player disgusting abuse for having a bad game but then applaud his replacement for an equally bad one just because he's 114 and a bit of a character.
Leicester fans in general.
Having to sit amongst Leicester fans at Leicester matches and listen to the utter bollocks most of them come out with.
Et cetera.

If you're any of the above, f*** you.

Last edited:
Liverpool cheated us out of that game, I think it was Glover who had a goal wrongly disallowed which would have been 1-1 when we were all over them. We would have gone on to win. I have hated that team and Keegan in particular after that game. Keegan the biggest cheat this game has ever seen.

In the Villa Park replay Glover scored the Leicester goal but I don't think that it was he that also had a goal disallowed.

In the first semi final at Old trafford - we rarely got the ball in their half but had a corner or two towards the end. Shilton as you would have expected had a blinder.

Back to today - some of the moaners (not you BG) want to realise that we have had an exceptional season to-date; stop moaning get up to whatever they call that plastic legoland prefab in Cardiff and create a bit of an atmosphere.

IBack to today - some of the moaners (not you BG) want to realise that we have had an exceptional season to-date; stop moaning get up to whatever they call that plastic legoland prefab in Cardiff and create a bit of an atmosphere.

:038::038::038: I agree.

I am writing without seeing the game.

Yann does have one remarkable talent. No matter how ineffective he is there are some people who find excuses for him. Ryan McGivern has never been given that excuse. When Ryan has been rightly criticised for poor performances nobody supported him by saying that other people also played badly or that it was just one of those days.

It is difficult to imagine Sir Alex dismissing a bad performance as "just one of those games" or Martin O'Neill.Whatever he may say publicly I do not believe Nigel Pearson will think of it as just one of those days.

Kermogant scored 13 goals in 66 appearances for a team that got relegated to the French 3rd Division which I would guess is a lower standard than the English equivalent...
How can he be good enough...

:bang: oh dear just seen the goal on SSN , not much you can say about it really , Weale just got caught napping .

Well at least he was on the opposing side and therefore understands why he was booed

Unlike the boos that were given to our own captain as he left the pitch simply for acknowledging a bunch of fans that actually showed some appreciation for him

Didnt read my earlier post then

We were absolutely crying out for Fryatt's creativity today.

Wellens and Brown were both useless yet again. Just hoofed it straight back to Derby every time either of them got it. Kermorgant was also poor, we looked so much better when Gallagher and Howard came on.

I'm still not worried though. It was only really a howler by Weale that cost us. We were poor today, but Derby were just as bad. We could've easily won that on another day.

Going to disagree on Wellens. He was our only midfielder who showed some grit. You can not accuse him of hoofing cos when we needed it with fifteen to go, Wellens kept looking for a pass and having to give it back to the defence who then farted about with it. Brown did his primary job to keep Derby out. If he keeps receiving the ball and not a midfielder is providing an option, it will be safety first. We need a lad in the middle of the park who run with the ball and be a bit eager. King and Wellens do too much of a similar role. King was non existent today. I criticised him earlier last season but liked this season. I can rarely remember a tackle he made today and that's normally his forte. Oakley gets some stick cos he actually runs and tries to make something happen but from time to time, the passing falls short.

Disappointing thing about Yann was his moaning to the ref and other players.

:038:

One Robbie Savage theres only one Robbie Savage.

Is it my fecking age or do city fans have short memories, Mr Savage was a great assett to our great club in the O'Neil era so why oh why do our so called fans berate him shouting w****r, w****r, w****r.
It was bad enough having to listen to them at the game today but to come on here and read posts from established posters doing the same makes me sick. :098: :bang:

For what it's worth he talks a lot of sense when co-commetating on games with 5 live.

Is it my fecking age or do city fans have short memories, Mr Savage was a great assett to our great club in the O'Neil era so why oh why do our so called fans berate him shouting w****r, w****r, w****r.
It was bad enough having to listen to them at the game today but to come on here and read posts from established posters doing the same makes me sick. :098: :bang:

For what it's worth he talks a lot of sense when co-commetating on games with 5 live.

:038::038::038:

Well said

Slagging us off on the Football League Show, kissing his Blackburn badge in front of our fans, the way he walked past our fans laughing at us at the end of the match today...

Where to start?

Last edited:
Does that Savage bloke have any respect for anyone else except his current team?

NO. None what so ever.

they were clapping him, so why shouldnt he clap back?

I am sorry Fox Fan but I do not agree. I like to see a former player applauded when he left the club with good memories and it would be churlish for him not to respond. I certainly applauded Claridge when he returned with Millwall and will applaud Heskey when we play them next season. I seem to remember Man City fans applauding Dickov when he played for us.
I even remember Liverpool fans applauding Shilton at a time when he was completely frustrating Keegan and Toshak in an FA Semi Final at Old Trafford.

How you leave is important whether you are a footballer or any other employee. Think of how badly Mark McGhee and Dennis w*s* left. More recent think of the ungracious and churlish remarks of Joe Mattock.

I have no doubt that Oakley being applauded did nothing to cause a poor performance. In responding he was being gracious and well mannered.

Fair enough, I accept both your points. What left the bad taste was the slow speed at which he left the pitch when we were losing and desperately needed to get back into the game. Considering this was at 75 mins and we needed to change thing quickly.

What a stupid comment, look at the ex city players who have come to play against us and we have clapped them, so where is the difference?

What an idiot

The whole of the ground rose to applaud him in recognition of what he achieved there. Of course he acknowledged them

Maybe someone would do the same to you one day if you actually had it in you to show the same level of respect to a former player, but I somehow suspect you are of the type to stand up flicking the v sign and booing like an utter tosspot, regardless of what they may have given the club in the past

Of course no one can disagree with either of you, so I wouldn't dare. Unfortunately almost no one posts on this board, but if you look here you can see there are plenty of other Leicester fans who weren't too happy about it either.

And if you would like a Derby perspective on it please read this:
Now i must say...thats got to be one of the most funniest things ive ever seen today!!! Matt Oakley...get a good ovation from Derby fans after being subbed...he applauds the whole 3 sides of Derby fans before thinking...ill give Leicester fans a clap too! Matt Oakley...you are a true Ram!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570